Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Mark Stone signs 1 year contract (1yr $7.35M)

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
How much If at all has Mark Stone’s trade value dropped since he signed this deal? What would you give up today for Stone vs what would you have given up at the draft?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Thats a historically bad list.

Without getting into the fallacy of using fantasy rankings (From NHL.com nonetheless) to define a player that list criminally underrates Stone. Since becoming a full time NHL player Stone ranks 30th in points among all skaters, the idea that he would be ranked 129th in any ranking is hard to grasp.

Wait a second, you're using a fantasy hockey list as your main argument for why Stone is being overrated?

Holy **** this might top the cake for terrible arguments on these boards. Wow.

Don't fantasy leagues put more/most emphasis on point production? Someone else would probably know more about this than me, but this is what I recall from my limited exposure to fantasy leagues. If this is true, this would tend to skew results a bit and under value forwards who are good defensively.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Habs fan here seeing ugly things written in that thread. Mark Stone is HELL of a player and totally deserve 7.35m and it is more than fair for him.

He does everything on the ice and seems (outside of seeing Sens against Habs) to be a tremendous leader. I'd kill to have a guy like him on my team.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He's worth LESS.

Besides also having 55-60+ point seasons, JVR has hit 27, 29, 30 and 36 goals. Stone doesn't score as much as JVR. And yet JVR makes less. IE: Stone is overpaid.

E. Kane is WAY overpaid for what he's delivered.

And so is Stone.

Assessing hockey players has never and will never be your forte.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He's worth LESS.

Besides also having 55-60+ point seasons, JVR has hit 27, 29, 30 and 36 goals. Stone doesn't score as much as JVR. And yet JVR makes less. IE: Stone is overpaid.

E. Kane is WAY overpaid for what he's delivered.

And so is Stone.
Do you ever get bored of being wrong?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Habs fan here seeing ugly things written in that thread. Mark Stone is HELL of a player and totally deserve 7.35m and it is more than fair for him.

He does everything on the ice and seems (outside of seeing Sens against Habs) to be a tremendous leader. I'd kill to have a guy like him on my team.
Bergevin would try and make hima center.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yeah that 7.5m payday is really a lowball and of course no one wants to play for the Senators - ever...what a post.

Why even bother?

because he has to endure the shit show that is the senators, would not wish that on anyone even at 7.5 million dollars, that environment is likely to be toxic until Melnyk is not part of it any longer

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
because he has to endure the **** show that is the senators, would not wish that on anyone even at 7.5 million dollars, that environment is likely to be toxic until Melnyk is not part of it any longer

Have you ever thought the reason that he opted for the 1 year deal is because an ownership change is possibly on the horizon, between now and the end of that contract, and when that happens he will re-up? Or are you just spewing the same dog-piling, baseless conjecture bullshit like everyone else?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Have you ever thought the reason that he opted for the 1 year deal is because an ownership change is possibly on the horizon, between now and the end of that contract, and when that happens he will re-up? Or are you just spewing the same dog-piling, baseless conjecture bull**** like everyone else?

Possible but what has transpired over the last year can easily make people assume the worst. Which I cant blame them. Fact is nobody knows for sure whats happening there. If you are an Ottawa fan all you can do is hope for the best.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Possible but what has transpired over the last year can easily make people assume the worst. Which I cant blame them. Fact is nobody knows for sure whats happening there. If you are an Ottawa fan all you can do is hope for the best.

Ottawa is a small city. And there is a lot of smoke these days. Something is going on, but no one can be sure yet. I think this is the hold up for our 3 big guys.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ottawa is a small city. And there is a lot of smoke these days. Something is going on, but no one can be sure yet. I think this is the hold up for our 3 big guys.

Whats the newest that you guys are hearing around there as far as new ownership goes??

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Whats the newest that you guys are hearing around there as far as new ownership goes??

Honestly there are so many trails to follow these days...just a nebulous mess. There are "insiders" on our board (I use that term loosely) who are supposedly in bed with a lot of big wigs, developers, people like that. I think it's mostly revolving around a partner for EM, but hopefully we get the full deal and fire him into the Sun within the next year or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->