Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Shane Pinto re-signs with the Senators (1 year, $775k)

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Signed a bit lower than his QO so that we won't have to trade anyone to fit him in once Forsberg is back. We can just waive MacEwen again. Doubt anyone picks him up the second time and if they do, it's a win for Ottawa.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Oh right - so you’re telling me he held out because he thought his qualifying offer was too high?
The part you bolded, I was referring the contract he signed this week, lol.
Supposedly they were close on a deal around 1.8 -2.0 million before season, but Gary told the Sens to shut it down.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Since he signed so late, is his cap not pro-rated? I remember Nylander cap him first year was $10m, and then $6.9m for the remaining years. Or does multi year contract calculate differently?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Perfect contract for an incoming trade.
There have been reports from local media that there already has been discussions about several different multi-year contracts. Not sure where you are getting your ideas from (well, I guess I know actually).

Exactly. Now any team can afford him, so it opens the door for him to get a new start somewhere else, and the team to get the best value back for him. He’ll be gone shortly.
See above.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Since he signed so late, is his cap not pro-rated? I remember Nylander cap him first year was $10m, and then $6.9m for the remaining years. Or does multi year contract calculate differently?
Nylander wasn’t a 10.2c RFA, someone also cited an example from last year.
I did check on it December, when reading discussions on it, and it is correct. I’m sure the 10.2c part is the key.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad