Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Shane Pinto re-signs with the Senators (1 year, $775k)

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I assume the paperwork for this was all completed before December 1?? Or does December 1 not come into play in this situation for whatever reason??

For some reason that I can't put my finger on, I do not trust the Senators to have properly crossed their Is and dotted their Ts

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
This is kind of a do-over contract for 2024/2025. Its a good gamble for both sides.
This one-year contract is for this year (2023-24). 2024-25 contract will presumably get done in the summer (early fall). I might be misinterpreting what you're saying. If so, mea culpa.

Last edited:

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Big situation for the Sens and their fans, to keep an eye on. There’s a lot of scouts and people around the game, who think very highly of Shane Pinto. The Sens “HAD” also put their cards on the table already, with who they’ve chosen to invest in long-term BUT as Garrioch said between periods last night, this new regime owes nothing to the current roster. If they believe Pinto is that long-term 2C, decisions will be coming. Maybe as soon as this summer. Would anyone be shocked if Norris is moved? Chabot? Batherson? You shouldn’t be.

Those players are owed no loyalty now. Not with a new management team.

If he comes back and plays well, there’s a good chance his $2.5-$3 million ask prior to his suspension, will grow substantially. Not even counting the next contract, and that’s the big question.

The good thing is, they have some time here. If he comes back and has a horrible next month, there’s probably a good chance he’s sent packing too. The new regime may not want to drag out a contract negotiation this summer. A slow start is expected obviously not playing for so long, but within 10 games, he should be up to speed. Those next stretches of games could determine alot of what happens with the Sens moving forward.

Teams will always line up to acquire a pivot with his size/skill. Terribly underrated on this site. Purely because of where he was drafted. Make no mistake though. Teams would love to get their hands on Pinto. The worse thing that can happen, is this new management acts too quickly on Pinto and chooses to just cut ties for much cheaper than he’s worth. Guarantee teams will be calling to find out..

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
This one-year is for this year (2023-24). 2024-25 contract will presumably get done in the summer (early fall). I might be misinterpreting what you're saying. If so, mea culpa.
My bad, i thought this was for next season. I thought the deal for this season was done a while back...

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Big situation for the Sens and their fans, to keep an eye on. There’s a lot of scouts and people around the game, who think very highly of Shane Pinto. The Sens “HAD” also put their cards on the table already, with who they’ve chosen to invest in long-term BUT as Garrioch said between periods last night, this new regime owes nothing to the current roster. If they believe Pinto is that long-term 2C, decisions will be coming. Maybe as soon as this summer. Would anyone be shocked if Norris is moved? Chabot? Batherson? You shouldn’t be.

Those players are owed no loyalty now. Not with a new management team.

If he comes back and plays well, there’s a good chance his $2.5-$3 million ask prior to his suspension, will grow substantially. Not even counting the next contract, and that’s the big question.

The good thing is, they have some time here. If he comes back and has a horrible next month, there’s probably a good chance he’s sent packing too. The new regime may not want to drag out a contract negotiation this summer. A slow start is expected obviously not playing for so long, but within 10 games, he should be up to speed. Those next stretches of games could determine alot of what happens with the Sens moving forward.

Teams will always line up to acquire a pivot with his size/skill. Terribly underrated on this site. Purely because of where he was drafted. Make no mistake though. Teams would love to get their hands on Pinto. The worse thing that can happen, is this new management acts too quickly on Pinto and chooses to just cut ties for much cheaper than he’s worth. Guarantee teams will be calling to find out..
I can guarantee you that new management is smarter than deciding on Shane Pinto's fate after watching him play 10 games this year (after having not played since April 2023).

He will be kept, no doubt.

Reactions: Dionysus

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Is he even eligible to play? because I remember when Nylander signed the contract he's currently on he signed it on the last day and that was December 1st.

It's January 19th.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
My bad, i thought this was for next season. I thought the deal for this season was done a while back...
Nah was delayed, sens didnt have any money they had to make a trade

and then he got in trouble for gambling or whatever

I was hoping the Oilers could poach him for cheap so I was following along, I still hope they get him for cheap lol

Give us that disgraced gambler for cheap lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad