Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Evgenii Dadonov signs with the Senators (3 years, $5M AAV)

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We really dont have much other than potential, and a few decent vets sprinkled in...Again its all on the kids,some will be good ,some will fail...So us predicting a playoffs spot is very premature at this point

Yeah, I don’t expect playoffs, but I doubt the team finishes in 30th place.

Reactions: topshelf15

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Calling it now -- Ottawa will win the Cup within four years...
Its a great signing but don't get ahead of your self here. not all prospects make it. Hope Ottawa has success it's about time we get The Battle Of Ontario going again. but alot can happen between now and 4 years. trending in a great direction though.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I look at rosters of all the Canadian teams especially the 3 I mentioned and they are all stronger than Ottawa this year.

Toronto's playoff results have 0 to do with which team will be better this coming season

It's just, the same thing has been said about Toronto for a couple seasons and they haven't done anything. Maybe they aren't as good as you make them out to be. Maybe you have some bias making you value the players on their roster more than other teams. Maybe the Toronto centric media has you believing you're right.

Prajna

Jun 10, 2008
Most of their prospects are ready for the NHL. Signing makes no sense. Will be gone when Ottawa is ready to contend and makes too much to be be traded.

Most of their prospects are not nhl ready. They are knocking at the door but that does not mean they step in and play top 6 minutes. Before this trade the Sens had one legit top 6 forward!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Most of their prospects are not nhl ready. They are knocking at the door but that does not mean they step in and play top 6 minutes. Before this trade the Sens had one legit top 6 forward!

You have to start transitioning prospects into the team at some point.

I think we are still firmly outside the door but hopefully they gain some solid experience and we get a decent draft pick.

One aspect I believe in is the fact that young skilled players have to learn from older skilled players.

You can’t just have your veteran experience on the 4th line grinding out games.

Reactions: SensFactor

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Congrats Ottawa Fans, you have been through enough, and it's good to see your team acquiring some good players. The division, whether that's Atlantic, or Canadian, is going to be tougher to play in for sure now.
Agreed. Glad to see there's some good news for Senator fans. Some of the petty comments in here on the other hand .......

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Pierre Dorion has really had a great off season. Really liking how he is slowly adding pieces to the Sens. 3 year contract at a reasonable cap hit for a proven veteran on the young Sens, what is there not to like about this deal.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I just don't see what the attraction to Ottawa is besides being the only team willing to get him 5 mil over 3 years.
He gets to live in a Canadian city, and might not even have to travel to the US where COVID rates are higher and where there is no assurance of a peaceful transition of power if one is called for following an upcoming election.

Perhaps he's had enough of the disease and violence now prevalent in the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad