Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Evgenii Dadonov signs with the Senators (3 years, $5M AAV)

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
That would be epic. I think Duclair would round out our top 6 and he seemed to find a home in Ottawa last season. I would say the chances are low though but the Sens top 6 this season could be:

- Tkachuk
- Stutzle
- Norris
- Dadonov
- Duclair
- Batherson

Bottom 6:
- Watson
- Connor Brown
- Logan Brown
- Colin White
- Nick Paul
- Anisimov
- Tierney/Balcers

Would be surprised if he didn't want to sign there either....With all the bouncing around he has done and he is young so if they really feel they can win in 4 years he would fit that timeline too

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Former KHL player plays for highest bidder. More at 11!

it has nothing to do with prospects or winning lol

$$

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Former KHL player plays for highest bidder. More at 11!

it has nothing to do with prospects or winning lol

$$
Pretty myopic take when there were likely numerous places he could have played where he would have earned more money after tax than Ottawa.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Pretty myopic take when there were likely numerous places he could have played where he would have earned more money after tax than Ottawa.
Well it’s either I’m right or the player is an idiot.

your owner actually opens up his wallet for one off season all of a sudden it’s a stable and great free agent destination.. get out of here man.

prospect pool is certainly among the best in the league but not a homerun contender for the duration of his contact. Ottawa gave him the best offer

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ottawa gave him the best offer

beavertails_-_beavertails_official_instagram.jpg

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
over paid. not a good signing.

Of course all this simply costed cap room, and it's 3 years. not a fan of this move.

A guy who scored what, 65 and 70 points the past two seasons is overpaid at 5 million?

Seems like a pretty good deal for the sens to me

Prajna

Jun 10, 2008
You have to start transitioning prospects into the team at some point.

I think we are still firmly outside the door but hopefully they gain some solid experience and we get a decent draft pick.

One aspect I believe in is the fact that young skilled players have to learn from older skilled players.

You can’t just have your veteran experience on the 4th line grinding out games.

I agree with you. My post was a reply to someone saying Dadonov was a stupid signing because we have too many NHL ready prospects.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

We decided not to? Not clear what’s going on

I think Zito is trying to find a way to get Hoff on a short term deal. Dadonov will be missed this year, but I imagine Zito is thinking beyond this year. Dads is 31 and FL has Tippett and Denisenko coming along. One of them should take his place with Barkov and Huberdeau, and then Dads could wind up being a $5mill third line winger. It’s a pretty small sample size because Dads was mostly on line 1, and I may be wrong, but he didn’t seem to do much when away from Barky/Hubie. Sucks right now, but I think it’s best for FL in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad