Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Evgenii Dadonov signs with the Senators (3 years, $5M AAV)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
They might not have wanted to. Dadonov is a solid scoring winger: good wheels, doesn't pass on too many shots, and tends to pinch early in transition (not quite a cherry picker). For whatever reason, during his tenure, he's been in the dog house of every coach we've had in Florida--regularly demoted to the third line. Whether it's a good call with the Panthers' scoring issues, new management might have just asked Q whether he was worth signing.

Dadonov has never been effective in Florida unless plays with Barkov

Reactions: Laus723

lawrence

May 19, 2012
over paid. not a good signing.

Of course all this simply costed cap room, and it's 3 years. not a fan of this move.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
Had him in my pool the last couple years and he did well. Slipped some when he wasn’t with Hub and Barkov though.

Reactions: Laus723

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dadonov has never been effective in Florida unless plays with Barkov
From what I can tell, a large part of this is caused by a) small sample and b) a really low on-ice sh%.

I’m not suggesting he will be a 70pt guy, but I think he can put up 20+ g and 50+ pt for sure

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Just out of curiosity; did he provide a reason why starting to spend in 2021 and not before?

My guess and I could be wrong but the Vegas and Seattle money will ease 35 million off the debt. Once the bills are paid after a covid season I think spending might crash to a halt.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
I guess Dadonov doesn't care about winning. Will be interesting what he can do without Barkov

What? Over the last 4 years, Ottawa has been a more successful franchise than Florida. They've shown an ability to build and rebuild with success.

Reactions: NB613

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Just out of curiosity; did he provide a reason why starting to spend in 2021 and not before?

Something along the lines of being on a tight budget while we lose, and spending when we start winning. I think it was to allow our prospects to mature.

I expect him to open his wallet for Tkachuk soon, for example.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Calling it now, Ottawa fire sale within four years

If they win the cup no problem with restarting after that.

In fact that would definitely help reviving the fanbase and fill the arena for years to come so sign me up. Don't really care if they tear it down after.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If i had to hazard a guess, I'd say that vastly increased TV revenues from the upcoming US TV deal. Anything that is common, equal revenue vastly helps the weaker revenue teams.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The old "Who's your Dadonov?" became "Whose Dadonov are you?"

I'll just go get my coat...

Reactions: NitroF

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
I think this move cements that the sens wont sign Duclair, I think they will leave that 2nd line RW spot open for batherson and see if the kid can finally make some noise in the nhl

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think this move cements that the sens wont sign Duclair, I think they will leave that 2nd line RW spot open for batherson and see if the kid can finally make some noise in the nhl
I liked Bath,s game in his second callup,his game looked far more polished...Think he will do well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad