Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CAR] Ryan Dzingel for Cedric Paquette and Alex Galchenyuk

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Canes didn’t make this move for Chucky who won’t be in the NHL next year and is not even worth calling a reclamation project at this point. They did it to get rid of Dzingel who is fast but otherwise is the riding the reputation of a hot streak from like 3 seasons ago and to get a more useful bottom-6 role player in return.

I mean it’s a pretty nothing depth trade for both sides with more name value than actual on ice value at this point. People think Dzingel is still good apparently.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Looks like Carolina is trying to open up long term cap space with this move. Galchenyuk and Paquette both suck, but I believe they're free agents after the year.
Dzingle was only signed through this season. We traded him because he was useless for us. Was given plenty of opportunity and never seized the chance.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Paquette brings basically zero offense and tryhards on the forecheck.

Litterally 100s of AHLers can do that. If Carolina needed a speedy tryhard, I'm sure Greg McKegg is available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan 21, 2018
Shout out to all those posters that said that Galchenyuk would bounce back with the Sens and would outscore Josh Anderson.

You do realize that the Sens signed Galchenyuk for FREE, giving up zero assets.

The habs wasted a 3rd overall pick in 2012 on Galchenyuk. 6 years of salary, development etc. And he gets flipped for Domi, who a couple years later eventually lands you Anderson, who is playing great so far.

So after like 9 years after drafting Galchenyuk, you finally turned him into a good asset.

Shout out to all those Habs posters trying to make fun of Sens fans for a bad free agent signing. Perhaps we should compare galchenyuk (3rd overall) with stutzle (3rd overall) instead?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
hasnt dzingel been kind of decent in carolina (just looking at stats here)? weird from their POV

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Because Dzingle was absolute trash for us? Ended up healthy scratched down the stretch last year and has been completely absent this year.

Looks to be the case of a guy with talent who will never put it together

I dunno. He put it together pretty well in Ottawa. We'll see if he can gather back his form or not

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Believe it or not but it wasn't his job to score for tampa. His job was to be a defensive forward. What a weird argument against a defensive and physical forth liner.
20210213_140329.png

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ottawa is gonna shine him up & flip him at the deadline again.

Like they were with Stepan and Galch himself and all these other veteran signings? I wouldn’t get my hopes up that Dzingel is going to increase his already marginal value in Ottawa.

That’s not to say it’s a bad deal for Ottawa...they traded two guys they got in the summer who are useless for them for one guy who potentially could be slightly less useless. It’s just not a very meaningful trade either way. Dzingel is not a very good NHL player at this stage. But Galch probably isn’t even any kind of NHLer and Paquette is a true 4th liner if there ever was one.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Paquette was miserable in Ottawa - had zero interest in being there and it was obvious. Maybe he'll be more invested in Carolina.

Galchenyuk made zero sense to me when he was signed. Not the sort of player DJ Smith would have any time for at all.

Ottawa are desperate for any kind of speed and goal scoring. Taking a chance on a guy they're familiar with possibly getting back on track.

Reactions: DaveG

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You do realize that the Sens signed Galchenyuk for FREE, giving up zero assets.

The habs wasted a 3rd overall pick in 2012 on Galchenyuk. 6 years of salary, development etc. And he gets flipped for Domi, who a couple years later eventually lands you Anderson, who is playing great so far.

So after like 9 years after drafting Galchenyuk, you finally turned him into a good asset.

Shout out to all those Habs posters trying to make fun of Sens fans for a bad free agent signing. Perhaps we should compare galchenyuk (3rd overall) with stutzle (3rd overall) instead?
Cool. I don't know what you are going on about, Habs fans made it VERY clear that Galchenyuk was hot garbage but many posters didn't want to believe it and said outlandish things like he would be better than Anderson.

I'm not critiquing the signing, just the ridiculous statement that Galchenyuk would be better than Anderson. How many Habs fans made fun of the Sens for the signing? We merely said that he sucks and that you shouldn't expect anything. There's a reason why he got rejected by so many teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad