OT: Other sports thread: Doyers Angels, Rams, Lakers, Bruins, Trojans, Capybaras

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Jesus Christ, the Dodgers are looking crazy and just going full on Oprah with the trades and signings. Sounds like they spent exactly what they needed. The Yankees offered $300M and the Mets offered the same $325M and we matched. The Dodgers better be insane because if they continue to choke after all this that would be nuts.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Jesus Christ, the Dodgers are looking crazy and just going full on Oprah with the trades and signings. Sounds like they spent exactly what they needed. The Yankees offered $300M and the Mets offered the same $325M and we matched. The Dodgers better be insane because if they continue to choke after all this that would be nuts.
Success or failure, it would be the most Dodgers thing.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
It feels kind of like the 2003-2004 Avalanche with Kariya and Selanne added to Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay, etc.
Everyone was ready to crown them as champs in pre-season and then they just kind of crapped the bed.

Except this, we potentially get a decade of a full on dynasty, or glorious failure.

Reactions: Telos

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
They have the TMac of baseball so anything can happen.

Reactions: Rick Knickleback

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Ohtani effect. Mets offered the same amount, and he chose the Doyers because he wanted to be with Shotime.

Reactions: Telos

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It feels kind of like the 2003-2004 Avalanche with Kariya and Selanne added to Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay, etc.
Everyone was ready to crown them as champs in pre-season and then they just kind of crapped the bed.

Except this, we potentially get a decade of a full on dynasty, or glorious failure.
I grew up loving the Dodgers, but at this point I am rooting for a Dodger bankruptcy.

I am not a fan of trying to buy pennants or championships.

Reactions: Schrute farms

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm so glad i missed the ram game. They gave the Giants 3 chances to win it and if not for a missed field goal at the end, they lose.

Somehow they're in the playoffs with Seattle's loss. :huh: Just get in , right?

Reactions: 21Dog

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Somebody check on Herby

1704160148883.gif

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The two college football playoff games were great. The rest of the bowl games sucked.
The Pop-Tarts Bowl had their mascot lower itself into a giant toaster.

Then there were all those coaches having various liquids poured on them like mayo and eggnog.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Haven't paid much attention to football for the past few years but the fact that the Rams are in the playoffs mean Sean McVay should win coach of the year in a landslide. My goodness this team is suppose to stink real bad but the job he's done this year is remarkable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad