OT: Other sports thread: Doyers Angels, Rams, Lakers, Bruins, Trojans, Capybaras

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
You mean the 49ers' practice squad.
i was actually really surprised the 9ers had some many important guys playing yesterday -- Bosa, Trent Williams, Deebo, etc. It was hardly their practice squad. Basically, both teams had their QB/RB out. With the Rams also having Kupp, AD out.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
i was actually really surprised the 9ers had some many important guys playing yesterday -- Bosa, Trent Williams, Deebo, etc. It was hardly their practice squad. Basically, both teams had their QB/RB out. With the Rams also having Kupp, AD out.
Williams played 12 snaps, all on the first drive (when the 49ers marched down the field for a touchdown). Deebo played 20 snaps (basically 2 drives). Aiyuk played 23 snaps. Bosa played 8 snaps. Fred Warner played 12 snaps. Not surprisingly, those guys all played during the portion of the game where it was lopsided in favor of the 49ers. The 49ers held the ball for 21 minutes in the first half while the Rams had it for 9, and the total yards were 274 to 108. Let's not pretend it was at all close when the 49ers had half of their good players playing.

(Armstead, Jennings, Kittle, and Greenlaw didn't play at all (in addition to CMC and Purdy), not to mention both starting safeties didn't play.)

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
Williams played 12 snaps, all on the first drive (when the 49ers marched down the field for a touchdown). Deebo played 20 snaps (basically 2 drives). Aiyuk played 23 snaps. Bosa played 8 snaps. Fred Warner played 12 snaps. Not surprisingly, those guys all played during the portion of the game where it was lopsided in favor of the 49ers. The 49ers held the ball for 21 minutes in the first half while the Rams had it for 9, and the total yards were 274 to 108. Let's not pretend it was at all close when the 49ers had half of their good players playing.

(Armstead, Jennings, Kittle, and Greenlaw didn't play at all (in addition to CMC and Purdy), not to mention both starting safeties didn't play.)
ok, now do the Rams who didn't play and the snaps for usual starters that played. Hint: It's just as much, if not more that didn't play. I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Yes, the Rams basically won an equally played spring training game. But it was NOT a game of Rams #1's against 9er #2s. You are very much misrepresenting things if that's your point.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
ok, now do the Rams who didn't play and the snaps for usual starters that played. Hint: It's just as much, if not more that didn't play. I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Yes, the Rams basically won an equally played spring training game. But it was NOT a game of Rams #1's against 9er #2s. You are very much misrepresenting things if that's your point.
I never said it was a game of the Rams #1s vs. the 49ers #2s. I just pointed out that Rams fans getting excited about winning the second half against the 49ers 2nd and 3rd stringers isn’t something very noteworthy.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
There’s a very real possibility they could meet in the second round. At the risk of stating the obvious, that’s the one that matters.
It would have to be the conference final. 49ers play either the Eagles or the Buccs for the second round. If the Rams get that far, it will be an interesting rematch with everyone available(barring injuries).

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
It would have to be the conference final. 49ers play either the Eagles or the Buccs for the second round. If the Rams get that far, it will be an interesting rematch with everyone available(barring injuries).
I thought they re-seed after the first round such that the 49ers will get the lowest seed remaining (which still could be Eagles or Bucs depending on how the games go this weekend). Is that not how they do it anymore?

Edit: looks like they do get the lowest remaining seed according to ESPN:

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Doesn't the NFL still re-seed? Are you writing off my Packers vs the Cowboys?

1704749621198.png

• Haha
Reactions: kingsholygrail

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
I never said it was a game of the Rams #1s vs. the 49ers #2s. I just pointed out that Rams fans getting excited about winning the second half against the 49ers 2nd and 3rd stringers isn’t something very noteworthy.
ok, i misunderstood you...since you only referenced the 9ers practice squad. I agree, the game was meaningless for what they truly are head-to-head if they meet later on. As a huuuge Ram fan, I know the 9ers would wipe the floor with us.

BTW, the Rams & 9ers would meet in the 2nd round....unless GB beats the Cowboys. If that happened, then GB plays the 9ers and the Rams get the Phily/TB winner.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's all over for the Pac-12.

Interesting how USC and UCLA, the two schools that doomed the conference, are going out with a whimper in each of their premiere sports in the Pac 12's last season. USC football sucked, and now UCLA basketball sucks.

Enjoy being also-rans in the middle of the pack in the B1G.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Tough holding call to take the Rams out of the game winning FG. Next play incomplete, brutal missed pass int call let go, game over. Lions run the clock out. Tell you what, on that same drive, Higbee had his knee taken out with a direct hit to the knee, don't know how they let that go. It was a straight up targeting.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don’t know if you will ever see a bigger coaching blunder than what we just saw from Shanahan. How on Earth do you take the ball first? Was he unaware of the playoff OT rules? Was there a miscommunication between Warner and Shanahan? It’s the only thing I can think of.

I’m at a total loss as to what he was thinking, it makes zero sense.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I don’t know if you will ever see a bigger coaching blunder than what we just saw from Shanahan. How on Earth do you take the ball first? Was he unaware of the playoff OT rules? Was there a miscommunication between Warner and Shanahan? It’s the only thing I can think of.

I’m at a total loss as to what he was thinking, it makes zero sense.
Maybe to rest his D which had been out there for awhile down the stretch

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1