OT: Other Sports Part XV - The Boys of Summer are back!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Super weird kinda game. The script has almost flipped from my expectations. It's Jekyl & Hyde all over the place. NYG have played well defnsively I'd say overall, but when they do f*** up, they f*** up in aa royal fashion. Same thing on offence.

Weird.

The offence is nuts - where did that come from? Who's that dude in the pocket? Can't be Daniel Jones - he's never come close to a game like this in his career sp far.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, I get their drop back four zone - and i also under sticking with it on 4th and short but it's scry when you mess up, (man to man takes aand experience here if you rushing this agressively especially if it's one of your secondary guys like Love did in this case.. He saw too much of the field wide open, panicked and made a huge mistake. Can very well be a tough 4th quarter. It'd be fitting for an inexperienced team like the Giants. They're starting to show cracks on a consistent, play-to-play basis now.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
shades of Mario Manningham there!. The sideline catch that more or less cost the Pats a SuperBowl.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, guys this is NOT the 9-7 team from 07., not close. MIN is much worse of a paper tiger than I thought they were. Cook Thielen, Jefferson and THIS is what you look like against a lesser team on paer. They are having some sort of a contest matching NYG mistakes and returinng the favor. They might still very well win this and that'd sill be my bet right now, but they're are going to be destroyed next week if they play like this. Smoked, cooked and deep-fried.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Wow, fogot how great playoff wins feel afte 7 years without one.

:pcheer::pcheer::pcheer:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Go Bucks?

Sorry the Cowboys fan I exchanged messages with during last year's playoffs, but it's all about self-preservation for me right now. It would be difficult to deal with a loss to the caca parrots for me.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Serious team for sure.

NFC Divisional round is going to be a bloodbath. Between DAL, shitbirds and SF - obviously I would love to see the latter come through unless my Giants pull omething out of their rear end (not even remotely likely, but I have to stay positive).

Love(d) 49ers of the last 3-4 years (since the mad genius became their head coach). Uniquely entertaining tesm that is built like no other. They really have to win NOW.
The only thing missing was a quarterback who could keep plays alive. I hated Jimmy G they were never going to win with him.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
There is not a team that I hate more than those ugly black birds. f***ing dirty team since they moved from Cleveland. I want them to be bashed and mauled.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rapala and Kimota

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Of my two closest friends only one has some very slight and casual interest in football. He moved to San Diego a long time ago now and we rarely see one another.

From the few occasions we got together to watch playoff NFL I found out that he liked Drew Brees .

He despises th"e evil empire" that is NE , but his favourite player is was P. Manning DEN-SEA. (Feb 2nd 2014

Jan 14th 2018
Feb 6th 2017
Feb 2, 2014

There was indeed another game between 14-17 we watched I can't now recall, so that one must've not been of the same vein, but I still told him was night of Jan 18th 2018: "Marius, stay the f***away from my Giants. You won't like anyone with that franchise."

He just called me for a quick conversation congratulating me with my NYG win and we both had a good laugh going back in time and remembering those dates and games. I mentioned how I needed to lfying him to St. Louis for NYG-shit pigeons game so he could become a big fan of the ltter.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
There is not a team that I hate more than thise ugly black birds. f***ing dirty team since they moved from Cleveland. I want them to be bashed and mauled.
I have alwaya respected them, especially something like 00-15 when they were mirrow image of SF in the West and had Lewis, later Suggs.

Dirty, tough bastards that get you down in the tranches. I don't feel anything when it comes ot BAL one way or another since they morphed away from that image.

But, back then, 15 years ago I anticipated every PIT-BAL matchup greatly. Those were always something special. Guess it all began in an elevator....

The plucked chickens I never liked but there was one game that changed everything for me. It's known very well (21 points...), and it blew up my world. Everything that folowoed over the following days . There is no team, in any sport I "hate". NOt ne.

But I do hate the Eagles. I made an exception for them. I need a shower just typing out their proper team name now...

Last edited:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I really like these expedited reviews. It has been very helpful for the refs today and not allowing the other team to rush and run a play. They don’t do it on every play but they might want to consider it. Taking a lot of the Error out of the game. Even refs picking up flags

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Men do I love NFL playoffs
Many firmly believe this was (and stil is for the second year) the best wekend in the calendar year across all sports excluding specialized events such as World Cup, Olympics, etc.

I'm also in that camp - the Wild Card weekend is the best 2-3 days in sports. Divisonal round is aa close second though or perhaps even co-leader many other say. I pick WC round myself, but we're still in it for an awesome ride a while longer.

This WC round was up there in terms of entertainment value, for sure. DEf above average, but most of them ar for whatever reason. You'd think the Conference round is epic, but it's one blowout after another there. I was hyping myself up with only 4 strong teams left for years only to watch games go out of hand in one quarter. Now I just hope it's good, but don't hold my breath it will be.

:devdance::devdance::devdance:

SB is better, but the stakes are simply too high in it to have a balls to the wall game more often han not. You see two opponents cautiosly probing one another untill eitherone gets a break and capitalizes on it or a team cracking under the pressure and stuggling under the spotlight. I'd love to see a looser, morr, riskier approach but yeah, i get it. Few individuals have balls you large to pull it off. When it happens though it's an instant clasic and a meorable moment.

Pete Carroll had/has balls for example. I don't love him but respoct the hell out him since that selction of a pass play. i will never blame him ofir it because i want to see more of that. I am pretty neutral if not slightly loyal to th SEA but without microanalyzing why, i will say that not keeping the ball in W's hands in that moment wou have been worse, much worse long term. His decision was the right one - you got for two birds with one shot. You pick Wilson over Lynch 10 times out of 10 even when the Beast was unstoppable and did even mind him grabbing his crotch entering the red zone.

Again, It's called balls and I have always respcted that personally but of course i won't argue with those calling for his head for it. I get that too. It it wee myGIants making this decision I;d want to burn all of East Rutherford down. NOw it's become fashionable almost with this wave of 20and 30 something's headcoaches and that's great. But it wasn't at all only 10 years ago so seeing Carrol those two SB's was a treat. Especially in the roles roles that were virtual oppsite.

SF is tamer than SEA was but a little similar. I hope they win it all this year and do it by run blocking over their oppoenents dead bodies. I would love that physical edge they have but hide more often than not. I think it's because of Shanahan but not sure. Just roll over and die if facing NYG and we're good. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Bucs didn't look like a team, they put too much trust in Brady and look where it got them. Did they even score? When I looked last it was 24-0 Dallas midway in the third Q..

Oh well, prepare to be handed your lunch by the new and improved 49ers.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I have been feeling the anxiety the lat couple of days. Barely slept last night. THis is going to be tough to watch. I have been considering not doing so actually. This matchup is always a test for me.

The line has been slowly but steadily climbing up. +7.5 as of this moment. Most anticipate a blowout or rather not a very competitive matchup.

I buy that.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
I have been feeling the anxiety the lat couple of days. Barely slept last night. THis is going to be tough to watch. I have been considering not doing so actually. This matchup is always a test for me.

The line has been slowly but steadily climbing up. +7.5 as of this moment. Most anticipate a blowout or rather not a very competitive matchup.

I buy that.
Pretty sure it’s going to be a pretty close game.

NFL playoff game between long standing rivals ? Ain’t gonna be a blowout.

If I was an Eagles fan, I’d be wary of a underdog Giants team

Reactions: GoodKiwi

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Pretty sure it’s going to be a pretty close game.

NFL playoff game between long standing rivals ? Ain’t gonna be a blowout.

If I was an Eagles fan, I’d be wary of a underdog Giants team
Appeciate the sentiment, but I didn't like their game @MIN. If that team shows up in PHI tonight it won't be pretty. PHI has always been a bad matchup stylistically and will be again. Of the two division games this past season I only saw one and my Giants got rolled.

Yes, division games are very unpredictable. Always have been because opponents study each other as a rule in this league. There will be a clear game plan going in by the coaching staff. The trouble vs shitbirds has always been their offence and if that pokes large holes early on. Every time it does in recent decade or so - it gets ugly. Quick.

Fingers crossed. If the gates aren't blown off early, there is a chance. But not a very lgod one IMO.

Reactions: Fatbiggie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad