OT: Other Sports Part XV - The Boys of Summer are back!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mahomes turned his ankle and is out for now. He wanted to continue and was pissed when Andy pulled him.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Mahomes turned his ankle and is out for now. He wanted to continue and was pissed when Andy pulled him.
Reid had no choice. You can seriously endanger him further by letting him hop around one one leg. Literally.

Not to mention putting his team in a vulnerable spot.

Reactions: Rapala

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Just turned it on and see Henne. I love underdogs as much as anyone, but not these ****ing Jags in the AFC title game
Think it's their turn to become a regular playoffs visitor for some time provided the owndership doesn't stick their fingers into the management side as they like to.

Coughlin knows what the f*** he's doing as an exec. He's a stubborn, red-faced d**khead, but that no one can take away from Tom. He's a seriously good exec at building. One of the best.

Reactions: the valiant effort

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Think it's their turn to become a regular playoffs visitor for some time provided the owndership doesn't stick their fingers into the management side as they like to.

Coughlin knows what the f*** he's doing as an exutive. He's a stubborn, red-faced d**khead, but that no one can take away from Tom. He's a seriously good exec at building. One of the best.
Yeah, but I can’t stand pretty boy.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Henné sucks more than Mahomes amputated.

Agree.
Yo're not being serrious right now. 300M insurance not to mention the success of KC as a franchise going forward is on thel ine here. Reid made the correct call from all aspects, including Mahomes own safety.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Reid had no choice. You can seriously endanger him further by letting him hop around one one leg. Literally.

Not to mention putting his team in a vulnerable spot.
Oh I agree. I would have pulled after watching that first snap following the injury. He couldn't pivot properly. But I could read Mahomes lips on the bench "I'm not going out God Dammit"

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Oh I agree. I would have pulled after watching that first snap following the injury. He couldn't pivot properly. But I could read Mahomes lips on the bench "I'm not going out God Dammit"
Yeah, i totally, toally get Mahomes' frustration. KC has looked better than ever and it is/was SB or bust fyear for them or sure.

Yeah, but I can’t stand pretty boy.
Yeah, I never had my pom-poms out for Lawrence either, but he is a unicorn. A raw,, awkward unicorn, but a unicorn nontheless.

Reactions: dinodebino

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, the injury sucks. I'm practically a KC fan now by proximity and want to see BUF-KC in the Championship game.

Horseface. He's knwn as the horseface.

:teach2:
The only reason he lets his hair grow so long is his belief it makes nis nose look smaller. :sarcasm:

Reactions: GoodKiwi

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Yo're not being serrious right now. 300M insurance not to mention the success of KC as a franchise going forward is on thel ine here. Reid made the correct call from all aspects, including Mahomes own safety.
I wasn’t. Being facetious. With Tit-cul and now Mahomes, this makes for a crummy sports Saturday.:laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The only reason he lets his hair grow so long is his belief it makes nis nose look smaller. :sarcasm:
:laugh:

Scratch my unicorn reference, he is a baby giraffe trying to stand up for the first time. :)

A lot of EPSN sport personality folks have brought up Luck as a comparison in the year, months and days before his draft, but I don't see that comparison at all. Luck was polished and nearly NFL ready out of the gate, but didn't havw Lawrence ceiling IMO. I don't think there's any risk with him either. Just let him go through this growing phase at full speed with interceptions and poor decisions managing the game/ball.

I think he'll be the best QB in the NFL in 3 years. tops. Maybe two. Barring injuries I think this is as much of a certainty as it cuold be.

Lawrence has a very high ceiling at... every aspect of QBs' abilities. I've never seen a player like this in 20+ years enter the league. Not to my memory.

EDIT: @peate , sorry, obviously Lawrence won't be better than Brock Purdy.

Last edited:
  • Haha

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If Mahomes is done for these playoffs KC doesn't hav a shot at the title,. Obvious stament perhaps, but field of competition is jsut imposible this year I find. The 3 NFC teamsv and BUF won't be beatable if Patrick is not playing. I guess though, in a one game winnr take all anything can happen. And AFC is easier to top with BUF bing as inconsistent as I've ever seen a team of this calibre to be.

All 3 of DAL, PHI and SF take "the trash out" a lot I believe. All very very scary as I've been saying all season long.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
EDIT: @peate , sorry, obviously Lawrence won't be better than Brock Purdy. I think he'll be the best QB in the NFL in 3 years.
In the expectation to draft position ratio you are completely WRONG. :nod:

BTW I don't really care about this game I want to see the Eagles and Giants knock the living daylights out of each other.
Hoping Purdy can lasso the Boys.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
In the expectation to draft position ratio you are completely WRONG. :nod:

BTW I don't really care about this game I want to see the Eagles and Giants knock the living daylights out of each other.
Hoping Purdy can lasso the Boys again.
Full disclosure - I like SF and wish them well.

I like poking fun at great teams that can cary a QB. This a good thing, all things considered, much better than having an exceptional QB put an otherwise average team on his shoulders.

Nothing againt Brock. He's a pretty capable QB, I think. It's jusy dificult to say for sure, because people don't fully realize how well this SF team is built.

Jimmy G would easily ride this to a title or two if he were still here. :sarcasm:

EDIT: No comment on shitbirds versus the Giants. I'm so nervous, my stomach is mildly upset. I hope for a win,, as improbable as one could be just so I can mail DeSean Jackson a $k copy of the game for his repeat viewing pleasure.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Full disclosure - I like SF and wish them well.

I like poking fun at great teams that can cary a QB. This a good thing, all things considered, much better than having an exceptional QB put an otherwise average team on his shoulders.

Nothing againt Brock. He's a pretty capable QB, I think. It's jusy dificult to say for sure, because people don't fully realize how well this SF team is built.

Jimmy G would easily ride this to a title or two if he were still here. :sarcasm:

EDIT: No comment on shitbirds versus the Giants. I'm so nervous, my stomach is mildly upset.
No Jimmy G is a LOSER he has nothing on Purdy in terms of reading and Keeping plays alive. Last post season I was bemoaning the fact.
"My Kingdom for a QB" was a direct quote, San Fran had zero chance of winning anything with him.
But I can't disagree on how stacked San Fran is on both sides of the ball.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
No Jimmy G is a LOSER he has nothing on Purdy in terms of reading and Keeping plays alive. Last post season I was bemoaning the fact.
"My Kingdom for a QB" was a direct quote, San Fran had zero chance of winning anything with him.
But I can't disagree on how stacked San Fran is on both sides of the ball.
I think this year's team can win with any 1st or even 2nd stringer in this league. Yes, things would have to click and perhaps a little luck, but not all that far-fetched.

Position against position, fron 4/7 on O/d secodaries, receivers or RBs... If you do a head-to-head, positiondepth against position depth comparison SF wins in vast majority of those. They're the best, deepest, most talented (overall talent pool) team in the league IMO. If anything, they've underperformed so far.

Yes, QB is not their strength, and that position is most important but SF covers for it. Amazingly so IMO. If they had a top 7-10 starter the'd murder their opponents on the way to a SB IMO. The NFL is a cap league. You just don't se these kinda teams in it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Coach Reid with the free time out...
Sly Bastard.

Edit LOL he didn't make it. No free time out after all and then they blow 3rd and inches.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Coach Reid with the free time out...
Sly Bastard.
Offensive playcalling-wise he can own yer ass quicker than one can say "mama".

Just he's poop-stained forever being linked to the diseased chickens franchise. A regrettable,"unforgivable offense" in my eyes. Someone needs to force their permanent relocation to Haiti or Papua ew Guinea. :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Is it just me or did Mahomes footwork look really sketchy on that slow mo replay?
Too early to say anything for certain until tomorrow. Jst how it is with rolled ankles unles there's a break. It's going to be worse when he wakes up tomorrow and he'll be re-evaluated.

There's also his knee that doesn't look like it's 100% to me. Same play the knee too.

ankle injry is up there when I rate possible injries for a QB. Whats' worse? I think throwing shoulder stuff, or any sort of muscluar tear in the core or bicep are worse than ankle injuries . I;d take a knne sprain, broken rib or finger or hip stuff ovr those. But also depends on QB's mechanics. Not sue how much, can't imagine a torn core muscle not being devastating for any QB unless he runs and doesn't throw much.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Plucked pigeons are as high as -8.5 on some sources. Guess Hurts has looked good in practices. NOt great news (hope for his full recovery just not a quick one).

No way Jones can continue that level of play from WC round, right? :help:

Look how rasy that 30 yarder throw was for Lawrence. I mean really look at his throwing motion. It's like he's tossing the ball to his buddy on a nearby couch. Insane how strong that arm is. Maybe as strong as Allen's but a lot more accurate.

An excellent and a threat of a straight line runner that can outrun some safeties in open spaces, with his pocket IQ and a cannon like this. Not to mention he likes to get physical and will lower his shoulder coming at an LB. A total package. I'd kill to have him in NY.

I'm not marrying the dude so I can look past his nose and haircut. Mybe refer his to a good cosmetic surgeon. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad