Blackhawks at the 2024 IIHF World Championships

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
If you haven't heard of most of the people on the Canada roster, I'd say you're not a big hockey fan.

I'll forgive you for McBain, Greig, and Mangiapane, but the rest of the guys are pretty prominent NHL'ers or young guys on the rise like Celebrini, Fantilli, Guenther, Cozens, Mercer, Zell, Byram, Guhle, and Power.

I stopped following the sport after the Hawks traded Panarin and only came back when they made amends by getting Bedard. so definitely behind in terms of knowing who players are around the league. I've heard of some of those young guys, but I was referring to established high level NHL vets of which there are none up front for Canada.

They're all extremely well considered NHL prospects or players in the NHL?
I was hoping for some established high level vets to play alongside Bedard like a Barzal or Crosby.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I stopped following the sport after the Hawks traded Panarin and only came back when they made amends by getting Bedard. so definitely behind in terms of knowing who players are around the league. I've heard of some of those young guys, but I was referring to established high level NHL vets of which there are none up front for Canada.

I was hoping for some established high level vets to play alongside Bedard like a Barzal or Crosby.
Barzal just got done playing actual NHL hockey and Crosby is 36.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Seth and Werenski on the same side of the ice and leave a guy back door wide open. 2-2. After Seth made a pretty bad play to leave Werenski back in a 2 on 1. Classic.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sounds like Celebrini and Fantilli accepted invites, flew out to Prague, played in an Exhibition... and then got cut and flown home when a few players from the first round accepted.

Canada getting their long awaited revenge for those guys going the Chicago Steel route, lol.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Sounds like Celebrini and Fantilli accepted invites, flew out to Prague, played in an Exhibition... and then got cut and flown home when a few players from the first round accepted.

Canada getting their long awaited revenge for those guys going the Chicago Steel route, lol.

"Macklin Celebrini and Adam Fantilli are returning home after previously having been named to Canada's roster for the tournament. TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger adds that both Celebrini and Fantilli initially accepted their invite with the understanding they may not have a roster spot if more experienced players were made available. Both players were given the option to stay in Prague or return home."

Instead of watching games they went home to fish.

I don't blame them.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Vili Saarijärvi for Finland and David Spacek, son of former Hawk Jaroslav Spacek.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Connor scores! Beauty finish on a huge rebound with nobody near him in front.

Britain is playing a lot more structured than I would have thought and Canada looks pretty meh but the ice is starting to tilt

e: make it two for Bedard, finished off a beautiful passing play on the rush

Last edited:

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Bedard isn't really getting treated the way I expected him to, tbh. Seems to be deployed like a middle sixer and getting PP2 ice time. He's not usually out there after TV timeouts. Hopefully as the games tighten up he gets put with guys like McCann, Tavares, Hagel but it does seem like for now seniority is playing a role in his deployment

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Bedard isn't really getting treated the way I expected him to, tbh. Seems to be deployed like a middle sixer and getting PP2 ice time. He's not usually out there after TV timeouts. Hopefully as the games tighten up he gets put with guys like McCann, Tavares, Hagel but it does seem like for now seniority is playing a role in his deployment
Seemed like they were rolling lines to start and then the Bedard and Cozens lines started seeing more ice when it became clear GB wasn't going away. The forwards who finished ahead of him in TOI are Cozens, Paul, Hagel, and Mangiapane and for each of those guys it's kind of like ok, fair enough for the first game of the tourney.

Their PP1 looked awful though and he probably deserves a spot with that group, don't see it happening yet though as Tavares didn't even play today and will definitely slot in there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad