OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I’m not sure I’m as down on Bridgewater as some people seem to be. Overall he is still a stop gap, but he’s the best quarterback we’ve had in years, imo.

I am still really hesitant to think Fangio is head coach material, though.

Reactions: madman

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
The Broncos roster is one of the best in the league if you ignore the QB

Can you expand on this? I think we've got several weapons, but I have a hard time feeling like we've got one of the better rosters sans the QB position. Of course, I haven't been following them much last couple years while Suck Fangio's been coaching.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
They have holes where it seems like they have had holes for ever. Qb, rt, ilb. Outside of that they are stacked at several positions and above average at others. It’s the reason if you put Rodgers on this team they would be contenders similar to when they added Manning.

without the qb it’s hovering around .500 purgatory forever

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’m not sure I’m as down on Bridgewater as some people seem to be. Overall he is still a stop gap, but he’s the best quarterback we’ve had in years, imo.

I am still really hesitant to think Fangio is head coach material, though.

Yeah, I think Bridgewater will be...adequate. Which might actually be a bad thing if the best case scenario has them tanking for a QB at the draft in 2022.

I don't think Fangio has a clue as a HC. He's about as conservative, if not moreso, than Fox was. And he also had some insanely dumb moments over the course of his tenure with the Broncos.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
They have holes where it seems like they have had holes for ever. Qb, rt, ilb. Outside of that they are stacked at several positions and above average at others. It’s the reason if you put Rodgers on this team they would be contenders similar to when they added Manning.

without the qb it’s hovering around .500 purgatory forever

Still pretty bummed about this. With the talks of Rodgers wanting to come here and them not drafting Fields, it really felt like there was something there. And now we've got....Teddy Bridgewater. Le sigh.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pfffffft, I actually didn't want them to get Rodgers. Fangio wouldn't have known what to do with him anyway. This current regime needs to be swept out the door. Also, Joe Ellis and his epic stench is still roaming the hallways at Dove Valley, and if he leaves like he says he's going to, then they'll finally be free of him as well. Maybe then, and only then, will Paton finally start fixing this mess.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Pfffffft, I actually didn't want them to get Rodgers. Fangio wouldn't have known what to do with him anyway. This current regime needs to be swept out the door. Also, Joe Ellis and his epic stench is still roaming the hallways at Dove Valley, and if he leaves like he says he's going to, then they'll finally be free of him as well. Maybe then, and only then, will Paton finally start fixing this mess.

I don't disagree with you on the regime sweep, but Rodgers likely would have told Fangio what to do.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Can you expand on this? I think we've got several weapons, but I have a hard time feeling like we've got one of the better rosters sans the QB position. Of course, I haven't been following them much last couple years while Suck Fangio's been coaching.
A ton of talent on defense being coached by someone that was considered one of the best DC when he was hired as the HC.

A decent OL with an elite LT, and lots of options at receiver.

The QBs suck so they’ll probably be around 6~8 win range

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I don’t think any of these guys will be here 365 days from now. Maybe Elway just because someone will think they owe something to him and to ease the “transition”, but honestly the franchise will be a lot better when he packs up his bags and leaves as well. Some think Paton will stick - nice guy and all, but unless Brittney takes over I think he’s gone as well.

new owner’s gonna clean house. Von gone, Luck will stay one year to prove himself on his rookie deal, TeddyB will be gone, and Fangio for sure will be out. I think this is 100% inevitable. No owner is going to want to pay what they’re going to pay for this franchise and let a bunch of old baby boomers stick around until they’re 70. This year is simply a last hurrah (probably more of a last whimper) before the franchise gets cleaned out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I thought Frost was going to be better than he's ended up being. He had done well at all his other stops and his work at UCF was fantastic. His work at Nebraska is a complete and utter disaster. I don't think I've seen many teams be so unprepared for basically anything. They make huge mistakes over and over again. Their QB can't make a single throw to his left with any accuracy. Instead of taking ownership Frost blames his players for being terrible and bad leaders. I'll be glad when that cocky SOB is completely out of football. He has a worse ego than peak Lane Kiffin. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad