OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I never got into the NBA so I have no strong feelings for or against them. So my priority has always been Avs first Broncos second. If a team like the nuggets or Rockies win a championship, I would only be happy for my friends and family that fallow them closely.

Officiating has always been a problem in sports that I never feel it's addressed correctly. I want off-season schools that these guys attend every off season so they can all get together and make a more consistent rule book. Also make all refs full time employees and pay them accordingly. These are the 4 biggest sports in the US, they can afford to pay a few hundred guys full time employment wages.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not from Denver but cheer for two of the three teams, it'd go:

1) Avs
2) Broncos
3) Nuggets

for me, and even if I put the NBA team I cheer for in there (Lakers) they're still #3. I just don't enjoy the product anymore, I don't like how much teams all rely on three point shooting now, how little defence you're allowed to play, how the "big man" has been turned into a glorified spot up shooter save for a couple of outliers, and how the element of trash talk is gone because refs are technical foul trigger happy.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
1. Avalanche
2. Nuggets
3. Rockies
4. Broncos

Football is a phenomenal sport but the NFL is doing everything it can to ruin it. I've become very bored with their product over the years. Rockies and f***ing Manfred are sure trying to kill baseball for me, but nothing compares to a nice night at Coors Field.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nuggets because the first win is always the biggest and I think it is the team in the hardest position to win a title with the NBA’s big market and star bias.

aI feel like the Avalanche WILL get it done again soon.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
As a long time Nuggets fan (since the 80's) it's hard to put anything over a potential Nuggets first NBA title. I despise the NBA, Lakers Culture, David Stern and Lebron... the Nuggets have been built as a perfect antidote to everything those things represent. If the Nuggets ever won a title not only would it be amazing for all long suffering Nuggets fans but it would create a meltdown among NBA hive mind group think media and fans that would be glorious to behold (take the Nikola as MVP meltdown and multiply it 100x).

The Avs are the only one who would come close... that's simply because the Stanley Cup Playoffs is easily the best tournament in sports and winning it is always glorious regardless of other circumstances. I'd rank repeat Stanley Cup championships for the Avs over everything else except a first Nuggets NBA title.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
1. Avalanche
2. Nuggets
3. Rockies
4. Broncos

Football is a phenomenal sport but the NFL is doing everything it can to ruin it. I've become very bored with their product over the years. Rockies and f***ing Manfred are sure trying to kill baseball for me, but nothing compares to a nice night at Coors Field.

Why couldn't they have built Coors so you're looking in the other direction?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
for me, and even if I put the NBA team I cheer for in there (Lakers) they're still #3. I just don't enjoy the product anymore, I don't like how much teams all rely on three point shooting now, how little defence you're allowed to play, how the "big man" has been turned into a glorified spot up shooter save for a couple of outliers, and how the element of trash talk is gone because refs are technical foul trigger happy.

The NBA product has been wholly broken for some time now. Easily the most broken of the 4 major sports, IMO (though baseball is sure doing its best to catch up).

1. Avalanche
2. Nuggets
3. Rockies
4. Broncos

It's amazing how both professional baseball and basketball have abandoned basic fundamentals in their game. Nearly every at bat in baseball is either a home run or a strike out. Nearly every possession in basketball is either a 3 attempt or one-on-one with everyone else standing on the side. They're both awful.

The NFL has its issues, certainly. But it's hell and gone better than the garbage the NBA or MLB is putting out there. They are both barely watchable.

And all the while, the NHL has never been better.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The NBA product has been wholly broken for some time now. Easily the most broken of the 4 major sports, IMO (though baseball is sure doing its best to catch up).

It's amazing how both professional baseball and basketball have abandoned basic fundamentals in their game. Nearly every at bat in baseball is either a home run or a strike out. Nearly every possession in basketball is either a 3 attempt or one-on-one with everyone else standing on the side. They're both awful.

The NFL has its issues, certainly. But it's hell and gone better than the garbage the NBA or MLB is putting out there. They are both barely watchable.

And all the while, the NHL has never been better.
Yeah, I think that in terms of pure product the NHL is the best of the four at the moment with the NFL a close second.

The NBA is just unwatchable to me. Like you said, it's either a three point attempt or a 23 second iso one-on-one. Which I don't mind iso ball, but not when it's taken to the extreme. The NBA's current style of play is going nowhere unfortunately, because teams realize the percentages are simply better if you shoot more three pointers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not from Denver but cheer for two of the three teams, it'd go:

1) Avs
2) Broncos
3) Nuggets

Good thing nobody has told Jimmy about this :laugh:

The NBA is so much fun.

Reactions: dahrougem2

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Analytics has ruined baseball for me, I can still watch the Nuggets every-once in a while, so I guess I don’t have too much of a problem with the way basketball is played. It’s still entertaining to me.

Hockey seems to have the best medium of analytics and eye/gut test to me. The game hasn’t fundamentally changed, just the way you build a team has.

I still love watching NFL and glad analytics hasn’t changed that game much. Or maybe it has and I don’t know it. It’s still a good product to me, though.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The NBA, MLB, and NFL have all changed dramatically for me over the past 20 years........The NHL hasn't changed a lot; there's been some rule changes but nothing as dramatic as wholesale strategy approaches like the other leagues.

I definitely agree with the Nuggets title being a HUGE deal. I don't foresee it happening but if it were to happen I'd be elated. We've been the joke of the league for way too long. And to go through both of the LA teams to get it done would just be the cherry on top.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
ROB MANFRED has ruined baseball for me, I can still watch the Nuggets every-once in a while, so I guess I don’t have too much of a problem with the way basketball is played. It’s still entertaining to me.

Hockey seems to have the best medium of analytics and eye/gut test to me. The game hasn’t fundamentally changed, just the way you build a team has.

I still love watching NFL and glad analytics hasn’t changed that game much. Or maybe it has and I don’t know it. It’s still a good product to me, though.

Fixed.

Analytics might force some rule changes in baseball. I'd move the mound back or down...or both. I'd also outlaw shifts. I'm really against any kind of pitch clock but...I think it might be necessary. The other rule changes regarding extra innings and doubleheaders are complete and total garbage and need to be eradicated.

Basketball is fun again for me, I loved the 80s heyday, hated the 90s/aughts, but the current product is fun, Lakers bullshit aside.

Football is great, the NFL is not, and the NCAA can get f***ed. Analytics should not do anything adverse to the game. It, like it does in every sport, encourage the more risky/higher reward type of play. But no one in analytics is telling people to ditch running backs and just huck it down the field 50 yards every down.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Well with how he was talking, I don't really think the org has a choice! But I'd be pleasantly surprised if he ACTUALLY ends up in Denver.
We are one of the few teams that can make it work. With a player like Rodgers I could see other teams making it work. I saw some Seattle fans suggesting a 3 way trade where they get Rodgers and we get Wilson. I'm not really on board with that, but I could see some teams trying to make similar deals to get him.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Greatest RB of all to me personally. It’s a shame we never got to see him on a competent team.

What's funny is, even after losing him for literally nothing because their egos were too massive, there was still a chance of the Lions rebuilding into a competent team. That went right out the window when they hired the worst front office executive of any sport of all time.

That franchise deserves every bit of failure it gets.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I do now. That would suck if they just refused to trade him and he retired. Was Berry also the reigning MVP? It wouldn't surprise me. That guy was on a different level.

Jeez what moronic management that would be. You want the player, you own his rights but unfortunately he wants out so because you're stubborn you prefer he RETIRES and you get NOTHING??? Rather than just say fine and get a really nice package for a player who's likely going to retire in 3-5 years from now anyways?? Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: sethro109
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad