OT: Other Sports 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Man City charged by Premier League with 101 Financial Fair Play violations today. It is a great read for those interested on the various sites. The evidence is pretty blatant and there is a threat of relegation as part of the punishment.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Man City charged by Premier League with 101 Financial Fair Play violations today. It is a great read for those interested on the various sites. The evidence is pretty blatant and there is a threat of relegation as part of the punishment.
I doubt much comes from this other than a transfer ban but soccer does have more chaos in it North American sports.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I doubt much comes from this other than a transfer ban but soccer does have more chaos in it North American sports.
The premier league is not UEFA. They don't take the bribes as happened before. And there is no limitation on when it happened. It has been a 4 year investigation so probably points deduction, 2 year xfer ban, 100-200mm fine. As Man Ute fan relegation would be oh so sweet.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Man City won't get relegated but Premier League will actually do some damage to them. Just goes to show how "wild west" European Soccer can be, especially now that all the oil is involved. Shell companies with 2 employees investing hundreds of millions lol

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Relegation wouldn't surprise me. I think they're more likely to do something following the season, than to do a point reduction.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Promotion and relegation is really the only part of soccer that interests me, so I’m all for seeing a recent powerhouse stashed in a lower division for a bit.

I’d imagine that unless specifically barred for a set period of time that they’d be right back up very soon, though.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Promotion and relegation is really the only part of soccer that interests me, so I’m all for seeing a recent powerhouse stashed in a lower division for a bit.

I’d imagine that unless specifically barred for a set period of time that they’d be right back up very soon, though.
You can penalize a team points in the standings too. Like you start the season with -20 points in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad