OT: Other Sports 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Promotion and relegation is really the only part of soccer that interests me, so I’m all for seeing a recent powerhouse stashed in a lower division for a bit.

I’d imagine that unless specifically barred for a set period of time that they’d be right back up very soon, though.
You can penalize a team points in the standings too. Like you start the season with -20 points in the standings.

Relegation and docking pts in standings to me make no sense and water down the product/brand

Seriously imagine if Hawks were relegated to AHL or some other nonsense or had to start year out with -20 pts over some BS

Punish them with huge fine that hurts them financially and strip ownership/banish management for wrongdoing not any of this nonsense when they violate rules

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Relegation and docking pts in standings to me make no sense and water down the product/brand

Seriously imagine if Hawks were relegated to AHL or some other nonsense or had to start year out with -20 pts over some BS

Punish them with huge fine that hurts them financially and strip ownership/banish management for wrongdoing not any of this nonsense when they violate rules
How do you financially hurt a team setting up shell companies to funnel money into the team? They aren't doing it to make money.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Someone on Reddit said it best. Relegate them and theyll be back in a year. Fine them and it doesn't matter. Dock them points and its whatever.

Take away their trophies and their accomplishments and that is what hurts the most.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Someone on Reddit said it best. Relegate them and theyll be back in a year. Fine them and it doesn't matter. Dock them points and its whatever.

Take away their trophies and their accomplishments and that is what hurts the most.
You can't take away trophies after the fact. On paper sure but it's a hollow gesture.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You can't take away trophies after the fact. On paper sure but it's a hollow gesture.
They did that to Juventus after Calciopoli and relegated them. Also they were winning that year and they got moved to last place and the title awarded to Milan. I think removing accomplishments does do something. Obviously they "won" but they won't be remembered for winning it if you actually take it away. They will be remembered for cheating and winning it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They did that to Juventus after Calciopoli and relegated them. Also they were winning that year and they got moved to last place and the title awarded to Milan. I think removing accomplishments does do something. Obviously they "won" but they won't be remembered for winning it if you actually take it away. They will be remembered for cheating and winning it.
I have no idea off the top of my head who lost to USC. Do they claim a national championship? Was it Vince Young who lost to Bush for the Heisman?

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am hitting the WM Open Friday. Hope the hype is all they say it is about it with shenanigans, etc.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Money means nothing to them, a fine will do absolutely nothing. And they can't take the club away either. It's not like North American where they can force you to sell because your ownership is a de facto 1/30th ownership in the league, the club structure is far more individual.

I am hitting the WM Open Friday. Hope the hype is all they say it is about it with shenanigans, etc.
Hope you have a blast! Bucket list trip for me, one of these years I'll get down there.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
So I'm guessing you'll be one the crazy 40,000(?) spectators at hole 16.
I am not getting up that early to get in line as people get in line at 4am to get the 16th seating. Going to roll in and watch warm ups, maybe follow Rory. I’ll have a Hawaiian blue pattern bucket hat on and a peach colored vest if you watch.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I have no idea off the top of my head who lost to USC. Do they claim a national championship? Was it Vince Young who lost to Bush for the Heisman?
Yeah I guess I view that differently. That is all a load of shit. The fact that Bush got money didn't help them win. Financially cheating to get better players is a bigger deal than getting some fat chains. Probably my own bias as I think college player should get paid anyway. I realize those deals might have sent him to USC instead of somewhere else. idk.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

You could literally fine them 500 billion pounds and it wouldn’t hurt them

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Bulls need to make playoffs and he may be enough to get a 1st round exit

Bulls are a collection of fading vets already so adding another to get 4 playoff games would be viewed as win by this failed franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad