OT: Other Sports 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Booooo bring back the old thread. Whats the point of this upgrade if you still ice 'em at 1000 posts?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sox are 6th worst in MLB for stranding runners on base...already have 11 LOB so far today (in bottom of 7th as I post this)..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And now Bad Start(Kopech) ...they tie it up...Kelley blows it...2Hit batsmen to start an i ing then loaded bases...Then 2 rubs score...yikes!

So tge homeless of ChucGo go down to a worse team...again.

Try La Loser ....they just find ways to keep losing for him......and the shoddy fielding...Harrison boots easy routine grounder....WTF are tgese guyson?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
17,16,12= # of games payed since Abreu,Jimenez, and Robert have each respectively hit a home run= Power Drain!!!

La Loser's boys turned into singles and occIdjonL doubles hottersvonly...with huge LOB numbers the result...

Add in poor fielding and blow up byvstartersxand bullpen guys and this is a disaster in the making as we wonder who I s next to fail?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sox lead AL in grounding into double pkays...Sox lead all ofMLB in singles... RISP stranded...donnit get me started...Absence of powerr=GLARING...the big boppers=Abreu,Robert,Jimenez = huge homer droughts....few doubles...Shoddy fielding...Do nktcrun hard to 1B...No fun vibe...TLR incompetence...Gloom pervades...

Patagons of consistency= Cease + Cueto...butcGiolito has been horrendous...Lynn notvconsistent...Noe they ruined Kipech..

Garbage vibe...garbage team...Only a very very few bright spots.. Tge rst=massive letdown from what they oughtvto be doing.

Question thecoachibg staff..TLR,Mendocino and Katz a d tte 3b coach McKewing =incompetence

Result of all of this is a SH*T Show ..

So disappointing..

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Heard on the radio this morning that the sox are poised to lead baseball in singles and also more than 70% of their hits are singles. Last team to have 70% if their hits as singles? Menechino's 2015 marlins. Hilarious that hes so incompetent that he cant see his shit does.not.work.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Heard on the radio this morning that the sox are poised to lead baseball in singles and also more than 70% of their hits are singles. Last team to have 70% if their hits as singles? Menechino's 2015 marlins. Hilarious that hes so incompetent that he cant see his shit does.not.work.

Wow

Pathetic

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Wow

Pathetic

And yet you sit and question why the lineup looks so bad, and why they seem to have no power... It has nothing to do with talent or no talent. This lineup has proven their talent.

They're literally being coached to hit for contact, not power.

Coaching constitutes the vast majority of the problems for this team. Period.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cease did not have it tonight giving up 4 runs

Sox blow bases loaded situation in 8th, Abreu as it feels often comes up empty in this situation with strikeout chasing horrid pitch out of zone on 3-2 count

Oh, and Eloy is injured again after being hit by pitch and leaving game

Sox have stranded 13 runners tonight and are about to lose 5-3

Sox playoff hopes fading fast

Time for complete overhaul with Hahn, TLR and much of this roster needing to go

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
And yet you sit and question why the lineup looks so bad, and why they seem to have no power... It has nothing to do with talent or no talent. This lineup has proven their talent.

They're literally being coached to hit for contact, not power.

Coaching constitutes the vast majority of the problems for this team. Period.

oh plz man just stop it, I do nothing but point out the facts, including TLR and the coaching flaws.

But it’s YOU…YOU that ONLY sees TLR as the problem and nothing more.

You live in this fantasy world where the white Sox are some elite team/WS contender that’s being held back by the manager…and it’s all so simple if they just replaced the manager they’d be a championship caliber team.

You VASTLY overrate the caliber of talent on this roster. You refuse to acknowledge the issues on the roster/with the talent.

I’m the one that blames BOTH. It’s the manager AND it’s the players. And the ownership. And many many many other things.

So plz stop with the trying to make me look/sound silly when in reality you’re in denial and refuse to see the situation for what it is: A garbage organization, including a flawed roster, a flawed manager, and much more. It is NOT JUST THE COACHING.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Take a look at the talent position by position on the truly elite teams in the MLB(LAD, NYY, NYM, ATL, HOU, etc…)…then compare that to this White Sox roster…there is a noticeable gap.

Then there’s Toronto, SD, Boston, TB, CLE, Twins, Phillies, Cardinals Baltimore, Seattle…the Sox are somewhere in the middle of that tier/group. At best.

There is absolutely nothing special or elite about the talent on our team.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Take a look at the talent position by position on the truly elite teams in the MLB(LAD, NYY, NYM, ATL, HOU, etc…)…then compare that to this White Sox roster…there is a noticeable gap.

Then there’s Toronto, SD, Boston, TB, CLE, Twins, Phillies, Cardinals Baltimore, Seattle…the Sox are somewhere in the middle of that tier/group. At best.

There is absolutely nothing special or elite about the talent on our team.
Well yea, judging by this year, but if you go back to 2020 pre-tlr and pre-menechino, then the team would look look a lot better. I'm a big time hater of grandal and moncada, but they in particular are playing so far below where they should, it's impossible to chalk it up to coincidence. They hired a couple jackasses who have no idea how to play to the team's strengths. Its like watching the Nagy Bears.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Well yea, judging by this year, but if you go back to 2020 pre-tlr and pre-menechino, then the team would look look a lot better. I'm a big time hater of grandal and moncada, but they in particular are playing so far below where they should, it's impossible to chalk it up to coincidence. They hired a couple jackasses who have no idea how to play to the team's strengths. Its like watching the Nagy Bears.

They would 100% be better without TLR and Menechino.

But overall we’d still come up short until the front office improves the roster, and until that roster starts showing more reliability/durability/less time on the IL. Plus some other factors too.

When it comes to the roster the bullpen needs improvement. We could use another top-end starter. Overall too many walks has lead to WAY too many base runners allowed and we need some pitchers with more consistent control. A legit 2B. A legit RF. A legit LF. Improved defense at SS, in the OF, behind the plate, and just about everywhere. More left handed power, more power in general(this is also due to the hitting coach no doubt), as well as players that have more plate discipline. Then there’s the team speed. We need to become faster. Too many slow guys on the bases.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
You would think guys would start tuning out the hitting coach if they felt he was taking their career right to the dumpster. Sort of like when Giolito sought out Katz to fix himself a few years back, before he was employed by the Sox. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the middle here.

But yeah, Menechino absolutely has to go, as I think we've all been saying for months now.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Jose Abreu....only 3RBI in lsst 19GP and ZERO HR in this time span...how many has he left stranded on base?Must be lots...

No longer Mr. Clutch RBI man..

Last night going 0 forc5....did nktceven add to his futikecsingkes hitting to up batting average..

But even ifvhevhas turned to just a sigleschotter,you cannot go 19 hames with hom batyingbin RBI slots of 3rdvorc4th in batting order...not if he fails with even not hitting singles to drive in runners on base.

Overall Sox lack of paper accrosdctgeblibeup is disastrous..but even more concerning is Abreu falling off tge cliff not being ablecto drive in runs as he has done so greatly in past seasons.

It has cost the offense.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Since taking those two first games against Hou they've now lost five of six. Continuing the trend of the rare times they do play well, they follow it up with crap.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Since taking those two first games against Hou they've now lost five of six. Continuing the trend of the rare times they do play well, they follow it up with crap.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
They also dropped 4 of 5 to the royals, games that everyone in the world had them penciled to win at least 3 of assuming they even played poorly instead of otherworldly bad. The Sox stink, the only time I remember being this disappointed in a sports team's season was the 2019 Bears.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
oh plz man just stop it, I do nothing but point out the facts, including TLR and the coaching flaws.

But it’s YOU…YOU that ONLY sees TLR as the problem and nothing more.

You live in this fantasy world where the white Sox are some elite team/WS contender that’s being held back by the manager…and it’s all so simple if they just replaced the manager they’d be a championship caliber team.

You VASTLY overrate the caliber of talent on this roster. You refuse to acknowledge the issues on the roster/with the talent.

I’m the one that blames BOTH. It’s the manager AND it’s the players. And the ownership. And many many many other things.

So plz stop with the trying to make me look/sound silly when in reality you’re in denial and refuse to see the situation for what it is: A garbage organization, including a flawed roster, a flawed manager, and much more. It is NOT JUST THE COACHING.

Lol. I don't fail to acknowledge anything. This team has flaws. They have too many guys playing out of position in the field. Their defense is piss-poor(something that also has to do with coaching), their pitching staff has fallen off the face of the earth for some reason, including well-established pitchers. But this team is far more talented than YOU give them credit for, and far more talented than the level they're currently playing at. One need only look back at this same team and the way it played in prior seasons.

This team would be far better, and probably close to an AL contender, with a different coaching staff. I'm not trying to make you look/sound silly, but you seem to think this team's talent that they've already proven has just magically vanished, when it's obvious to anyone with eyes that the coaching staff is a gigantic f***ing problem here. Arguably the BIGGEST problem. You do a fine job of making yourself look silly with your Sox posts. You're all over the f***ing place constantly when it comes to them.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Does moncada really have to play every day? I honestly think id rather see leury at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad