OT: Other Sports 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
agreed he is better than Leury. (who isnt, helll Jake Berger would probably be better)

I was more concerned Cubs would play him at 3B.
I just think that’s a option for the cubs if they don’t move him. Honestly he’s going to be gone one way or the other. He doesn’t fit there anymore. Maybe pinch hitter I guess.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Madrigal is good hitter and gets on base

He should never have been traded and we have had hole in lineup since

He isn't flashy and has no power but this team which is collection of DH's need a guy like him who can get on base and be driven in by slower/crappier hitters.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Madrigal is good hitter and gets on base

He should never have been traded and we have had hole in lineup since

He isn't flashy and has no power but this team which is collection of DH's need a guy like him who can get on base and be driven in by slower/crappier hitters.
Nick Madrigal is not an MLB player. He suuuuuuucks.
I could not have been happier when he got traded and keep him the hell off the White Sox.
I think Leury is a better player outside of last year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Nick Madrigal is not an MLB player. He suuuuuuucks.
I could not have been happier when he got traded and keep him the hell off the White Sox.
I think Leury is a better player outside of last year.
Lol. Leury is not an MLB player at this point. He's literally one of the worst MLB regulars over the past like 4 years. He is awful. On his best day, he's not even Madrigal.

Madrigal is an MLB player. His D is suspect sometimes, but he's a fantastic contact hitter. His biggest issue is staying healthy.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Lol. Leury is not an MLB player at this point. He's literally one of the worst MLB regulars over the past like 4 years. He is awful. On his best day, he's not even Madrigal.

Madrigal is an MLB player. His D is suspect sometimes, but he's a fantastic contact hitter. His biggest issue is staying healthy.
Yes I know, however bad Leury is, Madrigal is worse.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
6EAFA991-F8B3-441B-B99D-42DF6B7C5FDF.jpeg
96CDF5B5-2EF0-4B3A-8928-2F2D9C8E819C.jpeg

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Madrigal is trash. I told sox fans that when he was prospect, told cubs fans that when the cubs traded for him

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Here we go again..Another Chicago team going to get pounded on the social media morality squad for a scandal that cannot be tolerated....accusations of domestic violence and abuse by the mother of Mike Clevinger's child against both her and the chikd and another person sich tgat Mike Clevinger is under investigation now by MLB...

Sox will take heat for not doing due liligence on his character and any incidents that could make this a PR mess for the Sox and that they bungled free agency and that if he gets suspended by MLB Rick Hahn's Master Plan for this season is in ruins..The starting rotation now back to thin...

A big egg on your face PR mess for the Sox now..

How could they not know about these accusations because the woman alleging
abuse claims she informed MLB about this LAST SUMMER...if MLB failed to inform the Sox about this before they signed him in free agency only recently ,then MLB should be sued by the White Sox for negligence in not informing clubs of the accusations before they signed Clevinger.or did not suspend him from free agent market until allegations completely cleared.

This is a breaking story do we have not heard from the Sox or from MLB o the issue of who knew when and WHY clubs were not forewarned when free agency started.

WhitexSox have a bad PR mess now and if thi is MLB's fault for not informing them once they became aware of the allegations,then Sox shoukd sue MLB for damages because signibg Clevinger makes them look like they are guilty of bad judgement ...harms business from fans disgusted they would hire somebody accused of these actions and woukd therefore not support the club with attendance at games and merch purchases...so potential for lost business and damage to Sox own reputation and brand...

If it turns out Sox KNEW about these allegations because MLB told clubs about a potential problem with Clevinger w hen the story hit the public,and the Sox STILL signed him,that would be even a worse OR nightmare forcthe Sox Managenent,owner ,and brand.

Chicago sports teams and scandals...what else is out there?

Surprised Chick Garfein has not put out an EMERGENCY PODCAST ...yet?

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
White Sox issued a statement saying they knew nothing about the alleged incidents and accusations against Clevinger before they signed him and only learned about them AFTER they signed him..

But MLB was informed LAST SUNMER about these allegations according to Clevinger's child's mother...
So if Sox are telling the truth they did not know before they signed him,it implies MLB neglected to inform clubs when they had such information for months already and still let clubs pursue him in free agency!

This makes MLB look like idiots fircever allowing such a PR mess to transpire and the result being the Sox brand takes a beating....Soneting is wrong if MLB witheld information from its clubs ...should have been made aware of so that they could avoid SCANDAL from such a signing.

Even if Sox off the hook,MLB now on the hook and Sox have every right to seek damages from MLB for potential harm to their brand dueto MLB being negligent in not informing their clubs of this potential problem regarding Ckevibger ...plus the harm to the Sox competitive abikityvif Clevinger suspended from playing pending investigation and resolution of these allegations...because had Sox been informed by MLB before signing him,they obviously would have signed an alternative for tgeirvoitchibg staff depth .

Unless MLB denies the wonan accuser informed them last summer as she now is claiming when this scandal broke to the media,it seems to me MLB has a huge SCANDAL on its hand..not just
about of its players potential involvement with domestic abuse ..but also with how it handles
allegations against its players and when it informs its clubs about such allegations agaibst an MLB player..

How can MLB be so negligent in not having a policy for timely informing its clubs of such potential scandals....this stupidity and negligence on MLB's part is therefore ITSELF a SCANDAL .. and makes them look like idiots running a top professional sports league..

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
When will you learn?
I know it's irrational but I do not like Madrigal the baseball player. He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

I know what WAR says and idgaf.

I just think he sucks and I'm aware it's kinda irrational. There is no place for players like him in modern baseball. I'd rather have Joey Gallo or 2012 Dunn.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I know it's irrational but I do not like Madrigal the baseball player. He brings absolutely nothing to the table.

I know what WAR says and idgaf.

I just think he sucks and I'm aware it's kinda irrational. There is no place for players like him in modern baseball. I'd rather have Joey Gallo or 2012 Dunn.

Guys have to get on base... solo shots don't win games. A guy who hits over .300 regularly is plenty useful in MLB. Irrational is an understatement. This take is one of your dumber ones.

I don't know why I even bother. :facepalm:

And dude... you'd rather have Gallo over Madrigal? You are completely f***ing unhinged at this point, and need to break from sports for a while.

And then you pick one of Dunn's best seasons as a pro, and his best season with the Sox? Lol. Madrigal has 2 seasons in MLB.

Last edited:

Ben Grimm

Blue collar cool 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
Guys have to get on base... solo shots don't win games. A guy who hits over .300 regularly is plenty useful in MLB. ...
Good point. OBP is very important and leads to runs and RBIs.

Re: The Bulls. Imho not many people were thrilled when the Bulls signed Demar but my son and I were. He's arguably the best mid range shooter in the league.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Guys have to get on base... solo shots don't win games. A guy who hits over .300 regularly is plenty useful in MLB. Irrational is an understatement. This take is one of your dumber ones.

I don't know why I even bother. :facepalm:

And dude... you'd rather have Gallo over Madrigal? You are completely f***ing unhinged at this point, and need to break from sports for a while.

And then you pick one of Dunn's best seasons as a pro, and his best season with the Sox? Lol. Madrigal has 2 seasons in MLB.
Nick Madrigal isn't a .300 hitter. If he was it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

He's a career .289 hitter that just hit .249 last season.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Nick Madrigal isn't a .300 hitter. If he was it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

He's a career .289 hitter that just hit .249 last season.

His first two seasons he batted .340 and .305 before getting hurt... Last year he only played 59 games, and got hurt, but you think he was going to stay at .249 through the rest of the season? Everything he's done says he would still be a .300 hitter. His biggest issue is staying healthy. If he stays healthy, he can be a great 1 or 2 hitter.

And lol... because career .289 isn't close enough to .300? :facepalm:

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
His first two seasons he batted .340 and .305 before getting hurt... Last year he only played 59 games, and got hurt, but you think he was going to stay at .249 through the rest of the season? Everything he's done says he would still be a .300 hitter. His biggest issue is staying healthy. If he stays healthy, he can be a great 1 or 2 hitter.

And lol... because career .289 isn't close enough to .300? :facepalm:
No it isn't.

If you pick a player with Madrigal's profile 4th overall he better be Rod f***ing Carew.

Time to agree to disagree.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No it isn't.

If you pick a player with Madrigal's profile 4th overall he better be Rod f***ing Carew.

Time to agree to disagree.
Lol.

He hasn't even played a full season of games in MLB. He's 25.

Agree to disagree if you want. You're wrong. Leury is one of the worst players in baseball, and has no business even being a bench player. Madrigal will have a decent career if he can stay healthy.

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad