OT: Other Sports 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The NFL continues to show the league is full of morons. Does any other league have this big of a problem with vaccine adoption??

Kirk Cousins showing he's the latest dumb f*** player.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Cousins isnt good enough to go through all the hassle. Thank god the vikings dont have anyone capable of an honest evaluation of him though, lest they might be liable to cut him.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Give in to your hate. Join the dark side, where nothing ever goes right and everything sucks. You’re always welcome.
I save any misery for my sports teams in postseason defeats. If they suck during the regular season, I'll temper the amount I watch (especially baseball), but if my teams are playing well, or in first place, there's really no need to over-analyze each and every game and player. Sox can beat any team on any day, and I'll just wait and see how that works out come playoff time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sox now losing 3-1 in 7th as offense is yet again MIA

Moncada no hits thus far again

Only glimmer of hope is that Abreu with another solo HR.. So he is starting to make contact on balls

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
If Moncada has some nagging injury then just sit him as he's a black hole currently.
Yeah I said that the other day. I see no reason to not sit him for a few weeks. It's not like the team will miss his o-for's. Give him some rest and see if it helps? the dude was scorching hot early in the season and it's just not there not anymore. I do wonder if he has longterm COVID as ndgt10 said.

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Yeah I said that the other day. I see no reason to not sit him for a few weeks. It's not like the team will miss his o-for's. Give him some rest and see if it helps? the dude was scorching hot early in the season and it's just not there not anymore. I do wonder if he has longterm COVID as ndgt10 said.
I dont really think moncada has been scorching hot at any point this season. He was walking a whole lot And his obp was over 400 early, but his slg has been 400-420ish just about the whole year...

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
this offense is hard to watch. I wish they addressed it at the deadline. Oh well, get the Cubs tomorrow

Playing the weaker teams isn't quite so easy anymore. Since the Sox took 2 of 3 from Houston out of the break, and showed some signs of really playing well, they've gone 7-10, mostly against teams like Minn and KC that they should be pounding.

Hopefully they won't disgrace themselves against a Cubs minor league team this weekend. Esp. with a rare national tv game Sun night.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
WS, I swear that if your team loses to the lineup the Cubs put out today, you should feel great shame.

You guys are getting that crappy crosstown series trophy, so congrats, I guess. But it's not cool to beat up the defenseless (ie the "Cubs").

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
F58E0082-C1E1-4EEE-BDD3-C73A31CC82A8.jpeg

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
WS, I swear that if your team loses to the lineup the Cubs put out today, you should feel great shame.

You guys are getting that crappy crosstown series trophy, so congrats, I guess. But it's not cool to beat up the defenseless (ie the "Cubs").

Welcome to what we had to endure for 4-5 years when you guys were one of the best teams (and the best in '16) in the league and we were dog shit.

And this is baseball. The Sox had pretty good success against the Cubs even in those lean years in the crosstown series. Sox just lost a series to a 60 loss Royals team. Anything can happen.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Welcome to what we had to endure for 4-5 years when you guys were one of the best teams (and the best in '16) in the league and we were dog shit.

And this is baseball. The Sox had pretty good success against the Cubs even in those lean years in the crosstown series. Sox just lost a series to a 60 loss Royals team. Anything can happen.

The Cubs are basically the Iowa Cubs. Something called a Schwindel and a Diechmann (I know, I know the Cubs got him for Chafin) are basically headlining this lineup.

The WS in the last 4-5 years also had guys like Tim Anderson and Moncada in the lineup to look forward to playing. Do I look forward to seeing Ian Happ or Greg Diechmann, or Sergio Alcanatara?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
The WS in the last 4-5 years also had guys like Tim Anderson and Moncada in the lineup to look forward to playing. Do I look forward to seeing Ian Happ or Greg Diechmann, or Sergio Alcanatara?

Talk to me next season. You guys literally traded everyone away 2 weeks ago and Moncada didn't show up till late August in 2017. It was literally Tim Anderson, Jose Abreu and dog shit. When guys like Madrigal, Pete Crow-Armstrong (down the road) etc. are around, I'm sure the tone will change.

Also why isn't Contreras in this game? Hendricks doesn't like him catching him? day off? injury? That guy absolutely KILLS the Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad