OT: Other Sports 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I was a little surprised by that and thought 2012 team for a while was up there.. But it turned out 16 games above .500 (In August) was the high point for that team which we all remember fell apart in late September and lost a 3 game lead in AL Central and finished 3 games back missing playoffs

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lynn having himself a solid game but Sox offense has been mostly MIA again (So many times this year our pitchers have been let down)

1-1 heading into 7th

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
2nd in AL in runs entering today

Blowouts vs lesser competition tends to inflate stats

Sox have been shutout 5 times this year (0-5 record naturally)
Sox have scored 1 run 5 times this year (0-5 record)
Sox have scored 2 runs 11 times this year (2-9 record)
Sox have scored 3 runs 16 times this year (8-8 record)

Sox have scored 3 or less runs in 40% of games this year

In 1 run games the team now falls to 10-12

Alot of gems from our SP staff have been squandered by offense ,, Then the BP has cost them dearly as well

Also as of today the Sox vs teams .500 or better

18-25

This team has a long way to go ,, They need to have a better 2nd half and be playing well heading into playoffs (If they make them)

Last edited:

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

Alot of gems from our SP staff have been squandered by offense ,, Then the BP has cost them dearly as well

18-25

This team has a long way to go ,, They need to have a better 2nd half and be playing well heading into playoffs (If they make them)
I pointed this out yesterday, but a lot of the games against teams with winning records were in the road. At ny, boston, la angels, and before this past weekend houston with no home series against those teams.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

18-25

The Sox record vs .500 is what is. I can't argue against it. But your suggestion that there offensive output is uniquely skewed, I don't buy. Let's look at the Red Sox (1 game back of Sox as I look at baseball reference, with 1 run less scored).

RS shut out 3 times (0-3)
RS 1 run 12 times (2-10)
RS 2 runs 11 times (2-9)
RS 3 runs 12 times (4-8)

Red Sox have scored 3 or less 1 more time (in 2 more games) than WS. It's virtually identical.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
You just don’t wanna give this Twins team any kind of life. You know this is gonna be HUGE for them if they can sweep this double header as far as gaining confidence and momentum. Sox blew their opportunity to win game 1. Very disappointing performance by our team today, had a chance to bury the Twins and build a bigger lead on CLE.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You just don’t wanna give this Twins team any kind of life. You know this is gonna be HUGE for them if they can sweep this double header as far as gaining confidence and momentum. Sox blew their opportunity to win game 1. Very disappointing performance by our team today, had a chance to bury the Twins and build a bigger lead on CLE.

They’re 16 GB in late July…..

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
They’re 16 GB in late July…..

This is the type of thing that can turn someone’s season around though. They’ve been underachieving and have A LOT of talent, sometimes all it takes is a few wins to spark a resurgence. I don’t think they’re gonna come back and win the division but they can get in the wildcard hunt and challenge CLE for 2nd.

I’d much rather we just bury them and keep them demoralized. Letting them steal a doubleheader in our ballpark is something that shouldn’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad