OT: Other Sports 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The ground ball rate/inability to drive the ball throughout the Sox lineup is embarrassing. These guys aren’t gonna sniff a WS until they add some firepower to the offense. And I mean more than just Robert/Grandal returning from injuries.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Pretty crazy Messi is leaving Barca after all this years. Looks like he's headed to Paris.

Barca are royally f***ed.
I used to love watching soccer back in the day. Now, like most sports, it is a grind with the $ involved and the way teams like PSG and Man City give the middle finger to FFP with whole countries financially backing them. And the Glazers taking Man Utd for a ride to their financial benefit.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The Sox bullpen is f***ing atrocious this season. Doesn’t matter who pitches or how much talent/elite “stuff” they have. We just continue to suck.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Midnight has struck

Kimbrel has reverted back to the bum he had been in recent years

Wonderful trade

Sox are lucky to have played a shitty Cubs team or that would have been L

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
The last guy who was an all star then a gold medalist followed it up with an MVP and a playoffs appearance (Derrick Rose). Hey... here's hoping for LaVine.

Reactions: Cowch

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rodon is signed to this team as their ace next season. Dude is so filthy. Don't see how you can let him walk if you're Jerry.

Reactions: Pez68

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rodon is signed to this team as their ace next season. Dude is so filthy. Don't see how you can let him walk if you're Jerry.
Hope you're right. That just seems like an anti-Reinsdorf thing to do, to commit a likely 9 figure deal to a pitcher who has spent more time than not injured.

And I would be ok with it if they said, hey this is a risky proposition and we're confidant Michael Kopech can vill a void left in the rotation. ANd then turn around and spend big on right field - like oh, I don't know...Kris Bryant? LOL, yeah I still havent let that go

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Rodon is back it will be on 3-4 year deal

Jerry wont go 5-6 on a pitcher especially one with his history (I believe Sale is the only pitcher Sox have gone 5 yrs on and he was young and it was cost effective deal)

If Rodon camp is looking for long-term mega deal then Sox need to walk away and let Mets or someone else make that mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad