OT: Other Sports 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Not gonna get ahead of myself and claim any longterm success, but I'm really hoping us suffering Sox fans may finally get to enjoy our team for awhile.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Not gonna get ahead of myself and claim any longterm success, but I'm really hoping us suffering Sox fans may finally get to enjoy our team for awhile.

Its looking like this team will be very good for a very long time. Or at least the foreseeable future.

Can’t believe we turned Sale, Quintana, and Eaton into Moncada, Kopech, Jimenez, Cease, Giolito, and Lynn. And were also able to bring in Abreu and Robert from Cuba.

Those are essentially the moves that combined to assemble this blossoming juggernaut. And add to it the drafting of TA in the first round back in 2013. That’s really when it all started. Everything since has been nearly flawless, and the collection of talent is truly incredible.

Hoping we continue to play well, excited for the future!

Reactions: Cowch

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Its looking like this team will be very good for a very long time. Or at least the foreseeable future.

Can’t believe we turned Sale, Quintana, and Eaton into Moncada, Kopech, Jimenez, Cease, Giolito, and Lynn. And were also able to bring in Abreu and Robert from Cuba.

Those are essentially the moves that combined to assemble this blossoming juggernaut. And add to it the drafting of TA in the first round back in 2013. That’s really when it all started. Everything since has been nearly flawless, and the collection of talent is truly incredible.

Hoping we continue to play well, excited for the future!
They basically have a 3-4 year window.
Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert and Cease will be here for a while, but Lynn and Rodon will be gone after this year, Giolito is up after '23, and Moncada probably won't get his option picked up(he's still a good player, just not the superstar many thought) so he, Anderson, and Kopech will be up after '24.

The huge thing is to find top level starters to replace what they have now, otherwise they'll be bad just as quickly as they've become good.

Enjoy 2021 through 2023 because that's probably going to be the best stretch of Sox baseball we'll ever see. It really sucks that Robert and Jimenez got hurt because this could have been their best team of the whole window.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Vaughn, Jimenez, Robert and Cease will be here for a while, but Lynn and Rodon will be gone after this year, Giolito is up after '23, and Moncada probably won't get his option picked up(he's still a good player, just not the superstar many thought) so he, Anderson, and Kopech will be up after '24.

The huge thing is to find top level starters to replace what they have now, otherwise they'll be bad just as quickly as they've become good.

Enjoy 2021 through 2023 because that's probably going to be the best stretch of Sox baseball we'll ever see. It really sucks that Robert and Jimenez got hurt because this could have been their best team of the whole window.

Well get those 2 back in September and then that’s really all that matters. They still can be a part of this season/post season.

Either way though I doubt this will be the best year of the window considering how young so many of these players are and how much better they might be in the next couple seasons. Way too early to think it’s all downhill beyond this season.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Well get those 2 back in September and then that’s really all that matters. They still can be a part of this season/post season.

Either way though I doubt this will be the best year of the window considering how young so many of these players are and how much better they might be in the next couple seasons. Way too early to think it’s all downhill beyond this season.
Kopech will be better for sure, Jimenez and Robert will be back, so obviously that helps, but it will be hard to replace Rodon(should he stay healthy) from the left side.

I think 2022 will probably be the best team in the window. This one is pretty damn good too.

Crow

May 19, 2014

Sox have some more Cubans on the way too right?

Yoelqui Céspedes (number 1 international prospect in baseball)

Oscar Colas (‘Cuban Ohtani’) not yet actually signed but reports say it’s pretty much a certainty next year.

Their window could easily be longer than that.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Kopech will be better for sure, Jimenez and Robert will be back, so obviously that helps, but it will be hard to replace Rodon(should he stay healthy) from the left side.

I think 2022 will probably be the best team in the window. This one is pretty damn good too.
Garrett Crochet can replace rodon

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
MLB/MLBPA headed for labor unrest.

They seek up to 500M in compensation. They are Alleging MLB did not make a good faith effort to schedule as many games as possible with the agreed to pro-rated salaries. This could dynamite the upcoming CBA talks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

So much speculation in this. I could literally post this same thing, and just say the exact opposite of you, and it would be just as accurate. Your pessimism knows no bounds.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I dont think the Sox let all of their players walk when their contracts expire. Especially if they're making deep playoff runs.

Anyway i hope the Sox take care of business today and I'm always excited for a Kopech start.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Gonna be missing the entire projected middle of our order if Jose has to miss any time. Unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad