OT: Other Sports 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Pujols should have retired IMO and gone away quietly , Going to be odd to see him as a Dodger

Also must not have been much interest because with Dodgers at best he will be pinch hitter/spare reserve in field

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Pujols should have retired IMO and gone away quietly , Going to be odd to see him as a Dodger

Also must not have been much interest because with Dodgers at best he will be pinch hitter/spare reserve in field

Who the hell are you to tell someone to stop doing what they love and have been doing their whole life?

Sports are more than your entertainment; they're people's lives and livelihood.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

This might be about him chasing 700 home runs. I don't think he has 33 left in him. Hard to imagine any team giving him enough playing to time to get that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who the hell are you to tell someone to stop doing what they love and have been doing their whole life?

Sports are more than your entertainment; they're people's lives and livelihood.

Curious what were your thoughts about Seabrook situation? It was pretty much almost entire board hoping he would walk away into LTIR or retirement for last 2 years

Also if Pujols wants to play that is fine but he is a shell of his former self and that means he has to realize it and not complain and get upset when manager doesn't play him (As how his time with Angels ended)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
How does the Seabrook situation compare to Pujols? You don't root for either team!

Your whole "point" is based around you not liking how a guy would look in a different uniform. Complete apples and oranges to wanting your own team relieved from a bad contract.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
The Dodgers? I don't get why he would do that unless he plans to sit on the bench and he likes staying in LA. I really expected an AL team.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How does the Seabrook situation compare to Pujols? You don't root for either team!

Your whole "point" is based around you not liking how a guy would look in a different uniform. Complete apples and oranges to wanting your own team relieved from a bad contract.

So your saying you can express an opinion someone should be retiring based on poor play only if that person is signed to play for your team and you dont like contract?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What the f*** is Grandal doing there? Not sure I've ever seen a catcher completely whiff on a pitch over the plate.

Costs the Sox a run.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It’s really gonna suck and take away the shine from the previous couple weeks if the Sox lose 3 out of 4 at home to a team that came in losing 11 straight. Like c’mon guys....wake the f*** up. One game is understandable but no way in hell should they be losing 3 out of 4. A split is still disappointing but at least it’s not quite as bad. Really hoping they can come back and win this one or else it’s really gonna set the team back in terms of momentum. Then they gotta go play @MIN vs a desperate Twins team and then @NYY. Could be some rough times ahead.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
379E2049-55F0-4837-AD1D-0C85DC9F10CD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad