OT: Other Sports 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
That 2nd inning was awful. Shit defense, bad pitching, etc.

Good thing the Twins bullpen sucks.
I was looking at a Twins message board last night during the game. They were moaning about having the worst bullpen in the history of bad bullpens lol. The strategy definitely needs to be to run up their starter's pitch counts asap.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I hate this Cubs roster soooo much. Why are Vargas and Sogard on this GD team when they absolutely do nothing of note. (Before anybody answers, I know injuries, blah, blah.)

It's time to sell Cubs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just looked at Cubs roster

Honestly outside of Bryant and maybe Baez (Though he has struggled) there isn't much worth buying if your a contender

Maybe Arietta as a rental as well

Also what is up with Hendricks? His ERA is over 6

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Just looked at Cubs roster

Honestly outside of Bryant and maybe Baez (Though he has struggled) there isn't much worth buying if your a contender

Maybe Arietta as a rental as well

Also what is up with Hendricks? His ERA is over 6
Cubs have worst starting era in baseball at least as of 2 weeks ago. Amazed this org cannot develop pitchers.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I might be getting ahead of myself, but this team feels a lot like 2005 right now. Scoring runs however they want. Great pitching. Good speed.

Have to give their hitting coach a ton of credit too. They just hit.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I might be getting ahead of myself, but this team feels a lot like 2005 right now. Scoring runs however they want. Great pitching. Good speed.

Have to give their hitting coach a ton of credit too. They just hit.

And an easy going manager not micromanaging everything (Ala Manuel and Renteria)

TLR has already shown more patience to let a pitcher pitch thru trouble then Renteria ever did (Renteria pulled hook on Cease and other young pitchers way to easily and quick)

I love old school managing like that (Ozzie did it as well)

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
And an easy going manager not micromanaging everything (Ala Manuel and Renteria)

TLR has already shown more patience to let a pitcher pitch thru trouble then Renteria ever did

I think some people view it as not being up to date with how baseball has evolved, but I agree that just letting the SP go until they're "done" is much preferred than taking them out cause it's the 3rd time through the order.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Idc if Billy Hamilton strikes out on a ball in the dirt, I want him swinging for the fences in his next AB

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

TLR has already shown more patience to let a pitcher pitch thru trouble then Renteria ever did (Renteria pulled hook on Cease and other young pitchers way to easily and quick)

He's a big improvement, but with how things are going, he just needs to get out of the way. Everyone is playing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad