OT: Other Sports 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
And you can see where this is going now...if the first round for the Sox doesn't go well, and one more win would of meant a different opponent...everyone and their dog will be look squarely at that game against Cleveland that Renteria gave away.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
And you can see where this is going now...if the first round for the Sox doesn't go well, and one more win would of meant a different opponent...everyone and their dog will be look squarely at that game against Cleveland that Renteria gave away.
half of the possible matchups are bad for the Sox. If they got Cleveland or the Yankees I wouldn't feel all that confident in a 3 game series. Oakland or Houston would be much better.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
half of the possible matchups are bad for the Sox. If they got Cleveland or the Yankees I wouldn't feel all that confident in a 3 game series. Oakland or Houston would be much better.

I tend to agree with your assessments, but in the end, the Sox are underdogs no matter who they face at this point. To face Oakland, they would need to lose today, and thus would be heading in to the playoffs as losers of 7 of their last 8.

But the bats waking up for one day was a nice sign. The Sox hitting and scoring some runs is more important than winning today.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I tend to agree with your assessments, but in the end, the Sox are underdogs no matter who they face at this point. To face Oakland, they would need to lose today, and thus would be heading in to the playoffs as losers of 7 of their last 8.

But the bats waking up for one day was a nice sign. The Sox hitting and scoring some runs is more important than winning today.
If the Sox win, Oakland wins and the Twins lose they get Houston.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Marquez called up Cubs fans (Wisdom DFA). Theo has said getting Marquez an inning could happen today, though there is no guarantee he would be on the postseason roster (why the hell not, Theo?).

Reactions: TheDachKnight

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
No idea what to expect with the Sox. I wouldn't be shocked if they got swept if the bats stay cold. I also wouldn't be shocked if they get hot and become and win a few rounds. It all seems in play.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
For you guys that follow the Bulls more than I do, do you expect a significant trade this offseason? I've heard a lot of national people suggest that a Lavine and White backcourt can't work and that they wouldn't be surprised to see them move on from one of them.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Former Cub and clubhouse prankster Jay Johnstone passed away. Wrote a hysterical book about his playing days called Temporary Insanity.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
For you guys that follow the Bulls more than I do, do you expect a significant trade this offseason? I've heard a lot of national people suggest that a Lavine and White backcourt can't work and that they wouldn't be surprised to see them move on from one of them.
I don't expect any big trade. With a new front office and new coach, I don't expect them to move anybody significant until they have a good chance to evaluate the player under their system. I thought Boylen was a terrible coach and did more harm than good. Maybe they'd move Porter or Young, or players of that ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad