OT: Other Sports 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
And... Grandal can't hold a f***ing baseball on a sure out at the plate. :laugh:

This team is almost as frustrating to watch right now as the Hawks have been the last 4 years.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well that was entertaining. :laugh:

Yolmer pitches the 9th... gives up a HR, then gets an out. Baez doubles while hitting from the left side, when he's not a switch hitter... and then runs on an infield fly, and the Sox get a double play out of it... what a bizarre inning. Haha.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Well, I think we kind of knew the pitching matchup was bad for us yesterday. Cease has been hot garbage lately, and Darvish might win the Cy Young.

It's weird though, Cease's final numbers for the season look a lot better than I think he really was. I thought he would step up this year, but instead he's taken a pretty big step back. He should not be guaranteed a spot in the rotation next year. The Sox need to sign a big arm (hello, Trever Bauer) and then make Cease fight with Kopech and Stiever for the #5 spot in the rotation. Assuming Kopech isn't traded of course.

I like today's pitching matchup for the Sox. Dunning has been really good and even came back strong from early struggles in his last start. The problem is, the entire team's bats are dead and they'll probably make an over the hill Lester look like he's back in his prime. We'll see later tonight. The Sox really need a win. I don't care about playoff positioning at this point. You just can't go in to the playoffs with an 8 game losing streak and an entire team of dead bats.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lets go have a live look in at the Chicago White Sox

giphy.gif

5-2 Cubs in bot of 3rd

And not going for starter at deadline looks bad as Dunning with another bad performance today (Was poor vs Indians last week)

Cant believe they look on way to 7th loss in a row

Last edited:

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I'll take the fall my dudes. I've been super busy lately and this is the first game I've watched start to finish since they played the twins.

Gonna have to clear my schedule for the next month

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Moncada an MVP candidate? Really?

Looks like one year wonder at this point
Moncada was a preseason favorite for MVP this year. Just by watching his approach at the plate you can tell if he ever gets over Post Covid he's going to be an absolute monster.

Moncada is the most complete hitter on the Sox. Average, Power, OBP, speed. Nobody on the team has the ceiling Moncada does. It was arguable with Robert before I saw him but now I can safely say that when healthy Moncada is the best position player on the team.

Eloy and Robert have more game power but Moncada's eye at the plate is miles above them.

Moncada having a down season was entirely predictable when he got sick.

You're just confirmation biasing because you hate the Sale trade and you'll look for any excuse to fit your narrative.

Unlike you, Moncada has a valid excuse for his non-performance this year. Pretend like he was hurt and missed the season. 2020 means nothing for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Happy for them. Also I think sox and cubs fans can agree seeing moncada and Bryant respectively wake up could be game changing.

Both teams are very cold holding into the playoffs. If things don't change in a hurry, both teams stay in the playoffs will be brief. This does not only fall on Moncada and Bryant but both teams offenses.

With that said, I'm glad only one team has to "try hard" to win tomorrow while the Cubs can sit back and relax. The Sox can have the crosstown rival cup. There is only one trophy I care for: "The Commissioner's Trophy". If you don't have that trophy then the other trophies are meaningless, imo.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
A lot on the line for the Sox today. They can finish anywhere between 1st and 3rd in the division. The Sox can be the #2, #3, #4 or #7 seeds in the AL playoff brackets, depending on what teams win and what teams lose, etc. Which means it's still possibe that they could play the Indians, Astros, Yankees, Twins or A's in the first round.

The most likely scenario seems to be 2nd place in division, 4th seed in the AL and hosting the Yankees starting Tuesday in a best of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->