OT: Other Sports 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I couldn't wait for Ozzie to leave. But at this point I'd take him back. Ricky has to go. But if Ozzie ever came back, he would have to agree to stop giving away Sunday games with those cupcake lineups.
Ozzie would be a wonderful manager for this group. However, he's burned that bridge to the ground and pissed on the ashes.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What about Big Frank as a manager? I know... the player as manager thing doesn't always work out... and we saw that with Ventura... but I feel like Frank would be worth a look at least, no?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What about Big Frank as a manager? I know... the player as manager thing doesn't always work out... and we saw that with Ventura... but I feel like Frank would be worth a look at least, no?
Major pass, and I doubt he'd have interest. He still has young kids, can't see him wanting in on a 7 month grind. Local TV and a few trips a month to LA for FOX is more his speed.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
No, he wouldn't be. Ozzie hates analytics, he's as old school as they come.

He has actually embraced them by his words on the pre and post game shows. He knows the game has evolved in that aspect. He talks about what the analytics say about bunting now for example.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well... Twins have won 4 straight. Indians have won 5 straight. Sox have lost 5 straight...

Sox should have a good weekend, while the Twins and Indians are due for a loss or two. Right? A sweep of the Cubs would be nice to head into the POs on a good note.

Last edited:

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I'm just happy the sox are out of Ohio. What a shitty 1-6 dip into that state. Sucks that the sox put themselves in such a bad spot after having put themselves into such a good spot just a week ago.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well... Twins have won 4 straight. Indians have won 5 straight. Sox have lost 5 straight...

Sox should have a good weekend, while the Twins and Indians are due for a loss or two. Right? A sweep of the Cubs would be nice to head into the POs on a good note.

Cubs hitting everything Cease throws at them out of park in bottom of 2nd

4-0 Cubs

Looks like Sox will continue to stumble into the participation round

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Be nice if Madrigal trades places with Engel here.

And Sox strand runner at 3rd going out with whimper

Had runner on 2nd with no outs and came away with nothing

So much dead weight in lineup right now , A bullpen that is in shambles thanks to manager , etc

Sucks right now seeing this team falter like this ,, Hopefully they get hot again at right moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->