OT: Other Sports 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Of course Cora basically gets off scot free.

Cora already lost his job and may never get another chance. Literally, he likely lost his career, which is the most you can take from him. Not sure what else you'd want?

What concerns me is the Red Sox getting off scot free. A 2nd round pick? Is that a joke? I don't care how isolated it was, or I should probably say, how isolated they think it was. They should get a punishment that is felt. Should of been at least a 1st rounder, but probably more.

Manfred doesn't have the stones for this job. He's afraid of punishing teams, I guess because they are also his boss. He should be replaced.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
My memory was at the end of 98 the Bulls were barely hanging on. Now watching the documentary I feel like they definitely would have won 4 in a row if they brought everyone back. The funny thing is, Krause wasn't wrong about breaking the team apart and rebuilding. The problem was he made the Bulls bad at a terrible time in the NBA. 99-2002 were just some unbelievable bad drafts. This if the Bulls had the 1, 4, 7, 4, 2 picks starting in 2003 instead of 99. Could have ended up with something like Lebron, Gordon, Deng, Paul, Aldridge. Tanking, getting a ton of high picks and clearing cap space was a great plan by Krause with some bad luck and some bad execution.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s been said before but COVID has really taken the spotlight off of the Astros.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
My memory was at the end of 98 the Bulls were barely hanging on. Now watching the documentary I feel like they definitely would have won 4 in a row if they brought everyone back. The funny thing is, Krause wasn't wrong about breaking the team apart and rebuilding. The problem was he made the Bulls bad at a terrible time in the NBA. 99-2002 were just some unbelievable bad drafts. This if the Bulls had the 1, 4, 7, 4, 2 picks starting in 2003 instead of 99. Could have ended up with something like Lebron, Gordon, Deng, Paul, Aldridge. Tanking, getting a ton of high picks and clearing cap space was a great plan by Krause with some bad luck and some bad execution.

The awfulness of those drafts was bad luck more than anything that could have been foreseen years in advance.

Krause’s biggest draft mistake was drafting Oakley instead of Karl Malone (and my friends and I said it at the time, not in hindsight). With hindsight, it would have been great if he drafted Shawn Kemp instead of Stacey King.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
The awfulness of those drafts was bad luck more than anything that could have been foreseen years in advance.

Krause’s biggest draft mistake was drafting Oakley instead of Karl Malone (and my friends and I said it at the time, not in hindsight). With hindsight, it would have been great if he drafted Shawn Kemp instead of Stacey King.

Kemp was a freak of nature even back in high school, which makes me wonder why teams passed on him. I think it might have been off-court issues/straight out of high school players weren't as common at the time.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You can find it on the internet. I was pretty shocked. Episodes 9 & 10 are in production right now.

Part 3 is about Rodman
Part 4 is about Phil Jackson and the first championship
Part 5 is about Air Jordan's and the Olympics
Part 6 is about gambling
Part 7 is about his dad dying and his retirement/Baseball
Part 8 is about "I'm Back"

On why Michael Jordan was so hard on his team, "My teammates came after me. They didn't have to endure what I did"

If anything this documentary shows how Lebron took the easy way out and Jordan fought his way to greatness. There is absolutely no comparison.

What they went through to get past Detrot, New York, and to a lesser extent Miami proves how much toughness you needed back in the Day. LeBron was never that guy. Stats wise, sure, there could be an argument made, but Jordan was climbing mountains while LeBron rides roller coasters.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

He also damaged the team’s reputation for free agents, Michael and Pippen were fairly open on their thoughts after they left

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The French soccer league is done for the year (their PM has said no games even behind closed doors until at least August). Got to imagine this will happen in Spain and Italy as well.

Champions League must be done given this.

Depressing.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So I’ve been trying to get back into the Bulls during this quarantine. Can someone who follows the team closely give a Cliff Notes version on the state of the team?

Who is a building block?
Who should be moved?
Are these young player good enough to build a contender around, or are they just supporting pieces that still need a superstar to contend?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So I’ve been trying to get back into the Bulls during this quarantine. Can someone who follows the team closely give a Cliff Notes version on the state of the team?

Who is a building block?
Who should be moved?
Are these young player good enough to build a contender around, or are they just supporting pieces that still need a superstar to contend?
I'm a Raptors fan so I don't have much insight here, but I believe Zach LaVine is the team's best player (in terms of offense. His defense is non-existent). However I don't think he's a superstar. I think he needs to be the team's number 2 guy, and they need to acquire a true number 1.

I've heard Markkanen wants to leave (Finnish divas in Chicago amirite?) so that's a guy I'd trade.

I also believe that the Bulls are really lacking quality veteranship. That goes a long way. I think the young players on the roster need guys they can look up to and be mentored by.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'm a Raptors fan so I don't have much insight here, but I believe Zach LaVine is the team's best player (in terms of offense. His defense is non-existent). However I don't think he's a superstar. I think he needs to be the team's number 2 guy, and they need to acquire a true number 1.

I've heard Markkanen wants to leave (Finnish divas in Chicago amirite?) so that's a guy I'd trade.

I also believe that the Bulls are really lacking quality veteranship. That goes a long way. I think the young players on the roster need guys they can look up to and be mentored by.
Umm.....

LaVine is indeed a Superstar, and I'm really not a fan of the guy. The guy was top ten in scoring most of the year and teams do make their game plan up around stopping him.

That said, if the bulls did actually play defense yes LaVine could be a number one on a playoff team because he can hit the big time shot. Would I personally like somebody better as the go-to guy? Of course. Chances of that are slim

As for Markkanen, he's completely useless if he isn't hitting 3's. He's young and has had some injuries, trading him would be stupid. Could you get alot for him? Probably. But watching him develop on another team and become a top player really wouldn't be smart. There's been times in his short career that's he's been the best player on the floor and looked dominant.

As for the trade demands, you blame him? I don't.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
EWzm2W_X0AE0Dqv

Mike really did put up some insane numbers under Doug Collins.

Reactions: Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad