OT: Other Sports 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
White sox sign relief pitcher Zach Putnam to a minor league deal.
Has missed the last 2 years due to Tommy John and a hamstring injury. Was once a solid bullpen guy for the sox.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
A lot of Hawks fans cannot stand JC, Matt Nagy is not winning over any friends in Chicago with his arrogance, but Jim Boylen (today I learned the Bulls had Jim Boylan with an A as HC a few years, ago...smh) is clearly the worst coach in Chicago sports. His promotion to HC was a joke, his unexpected extension was beyond stupid, if he is not fired once the season is over, I will now be 100% convince the Bulls management have no intentions or trying to put a winner on the court.

Best coach in the city (4 major sports) would certainly be an interesting debate. I kind of feel like it has to be Nagy, which just feels wrong. At least he's gone to the playoffs and had some success.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Yelich and Brewers closing in on a big 7 year extension. With the two years left on his deal and the mutual option this could be for 10 years total.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

giphy.gif

I can't believe this.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I was skeptical that they could lock down Moncada given he already made a good deal of money on his initial signing. This is great.

At the same time, I'd push back on signing Madrigal, Vaughn and Giolito (need one more year on Gio) unless the terms where really favorable. Not everyone is going to hit.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I was skeptical that they could lock down Moncada given he already made a good deal of money on his initial signing. This is great.

At the same time, I'd push back on signing Madrigal, Vaughn and Giolito (need at one more year on Gio) unless the terms where really favorable. Not everyone is going to hit.
I think they need one more year on Giolito, then I'd sign him. Madrigal doesn't have star potential. Vaughn does, but he's also a 1B. I wouldn't waste flexibility on Vaughn/Madrigal, but I would with Giolito should he perform well this season.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

At the same time, I'd push back on signing Madrigal, Vaughn and Giolito (need one more year on Gio) unless the terms where really favorable. Not everyone is going to hit.

I think Giolito, Cease and Kopech are the obvious next targets. But none are ready for an extension just yet. I think pitchers have to prove a little bit more than hitters.

I'll go with Cease as the pitcher that gets the first longterm deal.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
How long until Chicago gets it's own XFL franchise (if they get one)? I'd say less than 5 years.

All depends on the current xfl tv contract. If ratings stay somewhat healthy and the next tv deal comes in and the league can stay solvent and make some revenue. Then I think you'll see small expansion. At least 2 teams, higher end 4 teams.

Reactions: joshprost99

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think Giolito, Cease and Kopech are the obvious next targets. But none are ready for an extension just yet. I think pitchers have to prove a little bit more than hitters.

I'll go with Cease as the pitcher that gets the first longterm deal.

I agree and at the same time I'm a little less likely to want to give them long term deals because of health issues.

Reactions: Illinihockey

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
TIL (via KC Johnson), Michael Reinsdorf will plead with any new GM to "keep an open mind" on Jim Boylen. IOW guys, that sound you heard is every legit executive who might be interested in the Bulls job pretty much taking their name out of consideration. There you have it Bulls fans, Bulls are committed to catching the Knicks for futility. There is no way in hell that any good executive is going to keep Boylen and if that is a requirement for the Bulls job, then expect a puppet to be hired.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
TIL (via KC Johnson), Michael Reinsdorf will plead with any new GM to "keep an open mind" on Jim Boylen. IOW guys, that sound you heard is every legit executive who might be interested in the Bulls job pretty much taking their name out of consideration. There you have it Bulls fans, Bulls are committed to catching the Knicks for futility. There is no way in hell that any good executive is going to keep Boylen and if that is a requirement for the Bulls job, then expect a puppet to be hired.
OMFG

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

lol.

Reactions: Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad