OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I have no problem with bullpen games. They work and the Dodgers only have 3 starters, so there's not really a whole lot you can do about that.

If the Dodgers come back to win this series, however, I am not optimistic about the World Series. Top of the lineup has disappeared. Betts playing hurt, JT was playing hurt and is now done, Seager can be counted on for maybe 1 good at bat a game apparently, and Trea Turner, regular season batting champ, can't and never has been able to hit in the postseason. Will Smith has not had a good postseason yet either.

Bottom half of the lineup is crushing. Biggest thing to be optimistic about is Bellinger, really seems like he has turned a corner. Obviously CT3 has come through multiple times. Lux has been great since being called back up and has had some unfortunate luck on hard hit balls. Pollock looking good now. But unlike teams prior, we have zeeeeroooo bench depth. Dodgers should have traded for Joc at the deadlline but for whatever reason, Friedman seems allergic to him, dating back to when they inexplicably tried (well, they DID - thanks for nullifying that one, Arte Moreno) to trade him in early 2020.

Hoping for the best but with the injuries to Muncy, JT, Kershaw, May and no decent bench options...don't see it happening this year. Hope the bats can catch fire, but they only seem to score in bursts and then go quiet for a few games.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I know these guys get top notch medical care and advice but Justin Turner has looked so stiff to me for quite a while. No surprise to me when he was helped off the field the other night. I hate to second guess the preparation of a proven stud like JT but if homie wants more time in this league he needs a serious yoga and steam room routine.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Jesus the Dodgers are turning in to the Andy Murray era Kings
If they pull this thing out and bring a trophy home it won't be without some magic from the remaining players. Thing is nobody is going to shed a tear for a team with their payroll but if they triumph it will be a major hurtle though adversity.

Reactions: Telos and Lt Dan

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I know these guys get top notch medical care and advice but Justin Turner has looked so stiff to me for quite a while. No surprise to me when he was helped off the field the other night. I hate to second guess the preparation of a proven stud like JT but if homie wants more time in this league he needs a serious yoga and steam room routine.

Time for nice massage.

film-still-or-publicity-still-from-mr-baseball-tom-selleck-ken-takakura-1992-universal-pictures-photo-credit-emilio-lari-all-rights-reserved-file-reference-31487-157tha-for-editorial-use-only-PM85E7.jpg

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
They gave everything they had against the Giants. Kershaw, Muncy and Turner all going out wasn't going to help either.

Reactions: 21Dog

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I may never watch a single inning nor follow baseball again at all.....if the Asstros win. Disgusting.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Houston's going to curbstomp Atlanta. I'm betting on a sweep. The season ended like it began, riddled with injuries. Dodgers have a lot of decisions to make in the off season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad