OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Afraid it looks like 2022. He hasn't done any baseball activities.
40f.png

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
in the postseason, Trea Turner has a .219 career batting average and .540 OPS. That OPS is worse than Bellinger’s 2021 regular season.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
He has been brutal

I would rather bench him for a game and play Lux at second at this point. Get him out of the OF

honestly yeah, massive disappointment in the playoffs...at least the other Turner has an excuse in that he's been playing injured (and is now done for the playoffs)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When is Justin Turner not hurt? Feels like that dude is made of glass, particularly for a non-contact sport.

Dude is our age and plays a pretty high impact game. I'm not surprised. I'm actually surprised he's made it this far relatively intact considering the way he still throws himself around. He's not at all aboust self-preservation like Tio Albert haha

Trea Turner though...man what a disappointment. Like I said props to the Braves but this has to be the most collective underperformance-per-dollar batting roster ever. And it's not even because of the pitching, because guys are ON base, they're just stranded due to choking.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Justin Turner's injury is just an exclamation point on this season for the Dodgers. Tons of injuries, but still won 106 games. It's too bad the injuries returned at the end of the season. No Muncy or Kershaw is pretty rough. Missing Kershaw in NLCS, moreso than the NLDS, is pretty big. He fixes the rotation as the 4th guy. And Muncy having an MVP worthy season going out a few games before the playoffs is just brutal.

Having a "bullpen game" in the playoffs is just pathetic, btw.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Dude is our age and plays a pretty high impact game. I'm not surprised. I'm actually surprised he's made it this far relatively intact considering the way he still throws himself around. He's not at all aboust self-preservation like Tio Albert haha

Trea Turner though...man what a disappointment. Like I said props to the Braves but this has to be the most collective underperformance-per-dollar batting roster ever. And it's not even because of the pitching, because guys are ON base, they're just stranded due to choking.

Our age? I'll take those 10 years back in a heartbeat, thanks! :)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Justin Turner's injury is just an exclamation point on this season for the Dodgers. Tons of injuries, but still won 106 games. It's too bad the injuries returned at the end of the season. No Muncy or Kershaw is pretty rough. Missing Kershaw in NLCS, moreso than the NLDS, is pretty big. He fixes the rotation as the 4th guy. And Muncy having an MVP worthy season going out a few games before the playoffs is just brutal.

Having a "bullpen game" in the playoffs is just pathetic, btw.

Yeah on one hand just being a 106 win team with all the adversity is phenomenal, and I want to be understanding of the attrition, especially with the pitchers arms...yet here we are with a million RISP throwing games away, making uncharacteristic errors in the field, and otherwise. I'm sure some of it is fatigue leading to errors mentally too, especially having to battle the Cards and Giants too, thems the breaks...the margins are eating away at our advantages. But when I see Mookie drop a ball, I know it's not meant to be.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Yeah on one hand just being a 106 win team with all the adversity is phenomenal, and I want to be understanding of the attrition, especially with the pitchers arms...yet here we are with a million RISP throwing games away, making uncharacteristic errors in the field, and otherwise. I'm sure some of it is fatigue leading to errors mentally too, especially having to battle the Cards and Giants too, thems the breaks...the margins are eating away at our advantages. But when I see Mookie drop a ball, I know it's not meant to be.
It is kinda amazing we beat the Cards and Giants, traditional foils, but are losing to a team we usually handle well, but then again still 3-1. Series continues or ends tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad