OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Second worst way to end a playoff series, just a little bit better than a balk.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Disagree. Amazing way to win one Lolol. Absolutely horrible to lose that way! (If the losing team is the Giants, even better)

Reactions: 21Dog

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dodgers lost a regular season game to the Giants with an equally bad check swing call which would have ended the game. Flores was 0-17 vs. Max. Now 0-18. The call delayed the inevitable.

That was my immediate thought.

That and all the voodoo the Giants burned through to get this far, I don't feel the slightest hint of bad for them to finally have some bad calls.

As a baseball fan though, what a shit way to end a legendary series. There was a TON of talent at the plate, on the mound, and in the field those last two innings.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The call was on appeal too, so it wasn't like the home plate ump was calling a strike on it. So great heads up play by Smith to appeal. Was it the right call? Probably not, but check swings have always been inconsistent.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Dodgers lost a regular season game to the Giants with an equally bad check swing call which would have ended the game. Flores was 0-17 vs. Max. Now 0-18. The call delayed the inevitable.

Wrong sir! You didn't see him sprinkle some pixie dust on his bat in the dugout? He was obviously going to hit a two-run series-winning jack had he not been robbed of a strike! On a serious note he was seriously overmatched. He was not going to even make contact let alone win the game for them.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Wrong sir! You didn't see him sprinkle some pixie dust on his bat in the dugout? He was obviously going to hit a two-run series-winning jack had he not been robbed of a strike! On a serious note he was seriously overmatched. He was not going to even make contact let alone win the game for them.
The call is overshadowing the fact that they gave up an RBI to Bellinger who has had the cursed bat all season and was hitting sub-.200.

Reactions: 21Dog

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I kinda like that it'll give those :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: up north something to complain about. Ya it was a shit call, cry me a f***ing river.

This game, this series was LEGENDARY. To think that this storied rivalry of 131 years just wrapped its first playoff series is incredible and it's nothing short of criminal that it couldn't be played out in 7 games. You can't help but feel MLB kinda blew it on this one.

I might actually be more excited about ending the Hated Ones than I am about the rest of the playoffs.

Last edited:

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Is it just me that feels the LA/SF series has the same vibe as the Kings/Sharts series in 2014? Hope the playoffs outcome is the same for the Dodgers as it was for the Kings,

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I don't particularly like, nor follow, baseball....but for heavens sake can the LADs make for dang sure that neither Boston/Astros win a title this year?!? That's all I care about from baseball.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Watching highlights of the Dodgers locker room celebration last night….you’d think they just won the World Series. Is that what baseball does every time they win a playoff round?

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Watching highlights of the Dodgers locker room celebration last night….you’d think they just won the World Series. Is that what baseball does every time they win a playoff round?
They did it after the play-in against St Louis too. It seems weird to me but they all do it now.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Yes. And when they make the playoffs too.

It is the hardest sport to make the playoffs in. Si every round is a huge deal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2