Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Rockies losing 12-2 in the 9th, meaning the NL West will still be in doubt the morning of the last day of the season.

Conventional wisdom says Walker Buehler will get the start tomorrow in an attempt to win the division without a playoff (a Rockies loss would be necessary), should that be necessary, it would take place monday afternoon and Rich Hill (gulp) would be the likely Dodgers starter.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Notre Dame crushes Stanford, and just like that the only remaining undefeated team in the Pac-12 five weeks into the season is Colorado. The Pac-12 better figure out a way to fix this.

Hire better coaches.

It's no wonder that despite having significantly less talent than the USC's and UCLA's of the world that Stanford and Washington are almost always better.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hire better coaches.

It's no wonder that despite having significantly less talent than the USC's and UCLA's of the world that Stanford and Washington are almost always better.
Washington is only recently much better due to the hiring of Petersen. The problem is, I don't think there are that many great coaches in America that make a huge difference, and if there are, the Pac-12 ADs certainly don't know them when they see them.

I look at my alma mater Arizona State, and the only real good hire they have had in the past decade or more is Bobby Hurley. Hell, when you are ASU and you can't kick the crap out of the Northern Division schools in baseball, you know something is very wrong.

By the way, how do you think Harbaugh is doing? It looks like Ohio State is head and shoulders above the rest of the conference once again. I really wanted Penn State to win that game last week.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Washington is only recently much better due to the hiring of Petersen. The problem is, I don't think there are that many great coaches in America that make a huge difference, and if there are, the Pac-12 ADs certainly don't know them when they see them.

I look at my alma mater Arizona State, and the only real good hire they have had in the past decade or more is Bobby Hurley. Hell, when you are ASU and you can't kick the crap out of the Northern Division schools in baseball, you know something is very wrong.

By the way, how do you think Harbaugh is doing? It looks like Ohio State is head and shoulders above the rest of the conference once again. I really wanted Penn State to win that game last week.

The record vs. rivals is so bad, it's hard to give it any kind of passing grade. There is no way we should have lost to MSU on that infamous play in 2015 or lost to OSU in 2016, which cost us a playoff spot.

1990's style offense featuring multiple tight ends and fullbacks is not really optimal to me today, even in the traditional run heavy bad weather Big Ten. And Harbaugh is trying to do this despite the fact that our offensive line is literally at a MAC level. I think they only contend if Harbaugh turns the offense over to a more modern thinking offensive coordinator.

It is fun to have multiple NFL players on defense every year, this year we may have three guys go in the 1st round of the NFL draft. But that just makes the offenses ineptness even more frustrating.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Why I think Baseball celebrations are the dumbest in sports. They have a champagne celebration just for making a wildcard spot LMAFO so Stupid.

If the Rockies were to win the WS that would be ...

1. Making the WC game
2. Winning WC game
3. Winning NLDS
4. Winning NLCS
5. Winning WS

5 champagne celebrations! Would be like the Kings celebrating that first round victory over Stl in 2013 with champagne, ridiculous.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

1. Making the WC game
2. Winning WC game
3. Winning NLDS
4. Winning NLCS
5. Winning WS

5 champagne celebrations! Would be like the Kings celebrating that first round victory over Stl in 2013 with champagne, ridiculous.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Holy crap forgot they get champagne after they win the WC game too. LMAO!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

1. Making the WC game
2. Winning WC game
3. Winning NLDS
4. Winning NLCS
5. Winning WS

I am not saying Justin Williams would be the only guy that would do this, but if Justin Williams was a baseball player in this situation, I think when he entered the locker room after 1-4 on your list he would say, "Nobody touch the f'ing champaign."

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Rams lost two Kupp and Cooks to concussions today and still win in Seattle. Just too many weapons on offense for the Rams and when they needed it Suh with some big sacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad