Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
As much as I hate Trout playing for the Angels, I'm glad he's not a Giant because they'd be a dynasty right now. Their front office would do a better job surrounding him with a winning team.

I’m sure we can find some room for him on the Dodgers.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I misconstrued your original OP to me. My bad. No, I am not saying it isn't plausible. I wholeheartedly agree.

Stopped the PEDs and continued to age. Arte got what he wanted. His big money deal with FS. And he killed a franchise. For the past over-half decade.

Now Pujols is just old and in breach of his contract for fraud (lying about age)

**** it, I wish he would start slamming HGH in his butt cheek. I'll take a maligned-Bondsesque Pujols over the corpse of whatever the **** he is now.

MLB should think about adopting some sort of buyout option on contracts. Pujols is gonna be on the team again next spring and will have the same type of season, mediocre stats, lingering health issues and he is clogging up the roster and payroll.

Reactions: King Trouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I’m sure we can find some room for him on the Dodgers.
I'd rather he go to the Dodgers than the Yanks or Red Sox, even Phillies (his most rumored next landing spot).

At least I'd be able to see him play.

Still, these posts are like daggers to the heart.

Last edited:

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
MLB should think about adopting some sort of buyout option on contracts. Pujols is gonna be on the team again next spring and will have the same type of season, mediocre stats, lingering health issues and he is clogging up the roster and payroll.
His stats aren't even mediocre. He's a negative WAR player at DH. He's a disaster, and yup, he will be there in Spring Training. His most lucrative years of his contract are the next three. End me. He killed part of Trout's legacy. I hate him. I would give actual money from my wallet (a pittance, obviously, compared to he) to have him off the team. I don't care how good a person he is off the field when he is literally causing the Angels to lose. There's lots of good people in this world.

There is a clause in contracts for fraud. Eppler needs to convince Arte to pursue this if Albert doesn't retire (he won't retire), due to Albert lying about his age. I know that players in the past, even high profile players like Vladdy Geurrero lied about their age. But this is something else.

He's the second worst contract in baseball behind Chris Davis.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Well, the Angels gave up almost 50 runs in 4 games vs the Astros. They are an AAA team, with one good player. Today was the only game they didn't give up double digit runs.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Six games left against the Sneks and Vagiants. We got ourselves a nervous stretch here. 1.5 game lead in the west and iirc all on the road.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Sunday Denver at Lakers! I predicted Rondo would start and LeBron will play some center and they may happen. I predict 1 year from now either Durant will sign or AD will force a trade here.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Dodgers lost. Rockies have won five straight. Half game lead over the Rockies in the division, full game lead over the Cardinals for the wildcard. Oh boy.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Crazy idea: If the Dodgers go to Milwaukee for the WC game, Ryu gets the start, he has been shoving. Lines up Kershaw & Buehler for a potential game 1 & 2 start.

We did it to them a long time ago. Was it Jeff Kent that hit a game winning and Giants eliminating grand slam in the 9th or some **** at the end of the season?

Steve Finley, in like 2004.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Rams averaging 35 points a game after 4 games. That offence is insane. I'm dating myself, but they remind a lot of the 1984
Dolphins who tore up the league with rookie Dan Marino at the helm.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
It's time for his doubters to realize that Goff is actually a good player. Of course, they will always downplay him. "He's only good because of McVay!" "Still should've picked Wentz!" Blah blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->