Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Feels like sometimes these coaches just try and outsmart themselves. If I were the Bears I would have ran twice on 3rd and 1, if you get a first down the game is basically over and a even if you get stopped the Packers are probably playing for a FG. The stupidest thing in the world is going up 6 and giving Rodgers the ball back and letting him win the game.

Nagy is rightfully getting ripped for that whole sequence of decisions, and rightfully so.
Winning football teams in college and the NFL can salt a game away with the run.

The Rams appear to have all the ingredients necessary for a good run this season.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Winning football teams in college and the NFL can salt a game away with the run.

The Rams appear to have all the ingredients necessary for a good run this season.

Game was a way bigger blowout than even the score indicated.

That was a clinic on both sides of the ball last night, granted the Raiders look like they might be one of the worst teams in the league but still, that was impressive.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Yep. You'd think the thought of building a team around him would've crossed someones mind at some point. Hell, even Pujols has wasted his last few great years there.
Pujols has been a f***ing albatross contract the moment he was signed and the reason why the Angels dont compete.

f*** Pujols for ruining Trout's first 6 years. Arte, too. Arte needs to eat the 42 year old's contract. Pujols is an unmitigated disaster, and the word "great" should never be used with him as an Angel. He destroyed this team so Arte could get his FS deal. And because of his contract, it will most likely result in Trout's departure.

Nasty.

But yay, home run watch and legacy stats as he limps down the bases! Yay! Dude aint "walking" (if you wanna call that limp dick gait of his "walking") away from 80+M more.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilowatt

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Pujols has been a ****ing albatross contract the moment he was signed and the reason why the Angels dont compete.

**** Pujols for ruining Trout's first 6 years. Arte, too. Arte needs to eat the 42 year old's contract. Pujols is an unmitigated disaster, and the word "great" should never be used with him as an Angel. He destroyed this team so Arte could get his FS deal. And because of his contract, it will most likely result in Trout's departure.

Nasty.

But yay, home run watch and legacy stats as he limps down the bases! Yay! Dude aint "walking" (if you wanna call that limp dick gait of his "walking") away from 80+M more.

I look at Arte and Sciocia as the two biggest factors. Arte seems more interested in making money off ads than fielding a winning team. Even before Pujols, look at all the money he spent on hitters than pitchers. Arte is just too hands on to let the team succeed. He's fired, what 5 GM's that didn't like his plans?
With Pujols, it gave him the perfect marketing guy for the latino demo, and he got it.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I look at Arte and Sciocia as the two biggest factors. Arte seems more interested in making money off ads than fielding a winning team. Even before Pujols, look at all the money he spent on hitters than pitchers. Arte is just too hands on to let the team succeed. He's fired, what 5 GM's that didn't like his plans?
With Pujols, it gave him the perfect marketing guy for the latino demo, and he got it.
Pujols, Arte, and Sosh are pieces of sh*t and ruined our chance of enjoying the best player since prime Bonds.

Like Bonds, Trout was ruined of a chance to win. Pathetic.

With Eppler I have hope, but not the blind trust that some fans have. He needs to talk Arte into eating "The Machine's" ridiculous contract and be active in the hunt for Arenado or Machado, a bullpen, and a top-end starter. Richards isn't an ace.

f*** Pujols

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles

I'm not a fan of the Angels but it always baffled me how much they completely ignored pitching. Good hitting is important but pitching is what wins you WS titles.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Pujols, Arte, and Sosh are pieces of sh*t and ruined our chance of enjoying the best player since prime Bonds.

Like Bonds, Trout was ruined of a chance to win. Pathetic.

With Eppler I have hope, but not the blind trust that some fans have. He needs to talk Arte into eating "The Machine's" ridiculous contract and be active in the hunt for Arenado or Machado, a bullpen, and a top-end starter. Richards isn't an ace.

**** Pujols

Amen to this. Can't believe how many years they are waisting away Mike Trouts prime years and it doesn't look good moving forward. Feel so bad for him year after year missing the dance. And just when we might have a new young stud pitcher in Ohtani dude has to go under the knife. Please please please no more Scioscia!

Reactions: King Trouty
Jul 31, 2005
CA
Pujols has been a ****ing albatross contract the moment he was signed and the reason why the Angels dont compete.

**** Pujols for ruining Trout's first 6 years. Arte, too. Arte needs to eat the 42 year old's contract. Pujols is an unmitigated disaster, and the word "great" should never be used with him as an Angel. He destroyed this team so Arte could get his FS deal. And because of his contract, it will most likely result in Trout's departure.

Nasty.

The Angels signed an all natural Pujols. There is a Sports Illustrated cover when Albert was on the Cardinals from a few years ago, he was lean, jacked, looking good and feeling good. Then he signs with the Angels and the guy has a Dad bod, his muscles are gone, body fat way up, bulging gut, can't run, pop fly power, watching The Bachelor when he gets home to his Newport Beach mansion.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
The Angels signed an all natural Pujols. There is a Sports Illustrated cover when Albert was on the Cardinals from a few years ago, he was lean, jacked, looking good and feeling good. Then he signs with the Angels and the guy has a Dad bod, his muscles are gone, body fat way up, bulging gut, can't run, pop fly power, watching The Bachelor when he gets home to his Newport Beach mansion.
What the f*** is the point of this? You think I buy into that? @Raccoon Jesus, you Liked it, shed some light.

Tikkamasalawomen is funny. Is that it? As George Thorogood said, "now you funny, too"

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Who's your team, sunshine?

Getting tag teamed doesn't count as a team, either, lover boy

Jul 31, 2005
CA
No ****

Who doesn't?

Here, slick, come sit on a couch with me and tell me in detail, again, of Pujols' rippling muscles and magazine covers that get you off.

Then we'll circle back on who needs help, son...

Are you saying it's not plausible that Pujols was on PED's at one point in his career and is now playing all natural? You know who was playing 1B when he came up and then was his hitting coach? Albert cashed in and then decided to play the game the right way and the results are less than Arte had hoped for.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What the **** is the point of this? You think I buy into that? @Raccoon Jesus, you Liked it, shed some light.

Tikkamasalawomen is funny. Is that it? As George Thorogood said, "now you funny, too"

I thought it was pretty clear Tik was saying Angels got a junior varsity out of shape version of pujols compared to the monster he was earlier in his career. Whether you attribute that to PEDs or laziness I don't care, but it's clear as day he's actually agreeing with you that the Pujols contract f***ed everything.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
After a decent performance in week 2 the Pac-12 went back to sucking at football.

Conference of Champions? I think not.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Are you saying it's not plausible that Pujols was on PED's at one point in his career and is now playing all natural? You know who was playing 1B when he came up and then was his hitting coach? Albert cashed in and then decided to play the game the right way and the results are less than Arte had hoped for.
I misconstrued your original OP to me. My bad. No, I am not saying it isn't plausible. I wholeheartedly agree.

Stopped the PEDs and continued to age. Arte got what he wanted. His big money deal with FS. And he killed a franchise. For the past over-half decade.

Now Pujols is just old and in breach of his contract for fraud (lying about age)

f*** it, I wish he would start slamming HGH in his butt cheek. I'll take a maligned-Bondsesque Pujols over the corpse of whatever the f*** he is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I thought it was pretty clear Tik was saying Angels got a junior varsity out of shape version of pujols compared to the monster he was earlier in his career. Whether you attribute that to PEDs or laziness I don't care, but it's clear as day he's actually agreeing with you that the Pujols contract ****ed everything.
My bad, I see it now. You're right, RJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad