OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
can only speak for the padres game but i'm not a fan of the pumped in crowd noise, the white noise is fine but the fake cheers for a passed ball that let a runner advance is just kinda like.... please don't

definitely nice being able to hear the dugouts chirping and stuff but the rest of the atmosphere is so obviously fake

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It was good to be watching baseball until 11pm gain.

Baseball been very, very good to me!

9201303.png

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Freaky....my mom passed in February but the Dodgers are using her image as a cardboard fan!
My stepdad Paul was a baseball guy and pitched for Loyola HS, then was pitcher #2 on an American Legion team that won the
National Title in 1955, I think. Sparky Anderson was the SS on his team at Loyola and the Amercian Legion team...The Red Sox signed Paul an he pitched
a few years in the minors...he blew his arm out his third year and did not make the big show. He's got lots of great stories, including Frank Robinson hiting
a homer off him! It was the only yr Robinson played minors. After Sparky retired, Paul connected with hm and they played golf often, where Sparky played
in Thousand Oaks. BUT, this is about my mom, as she became hard core Dodger fan and her and my stepdad were Dodger season seat holders for years.
They had not been to a game for probabaly 3 years, though. And the Dodgers are using my mom as a cardboard fan!! Paul is getting a lot of calls,
when friends have seen her in the stands! CRAZY. Her face got a little 'chipmunkized' in the blowup.

I miss her terribly...best person I ever knew. I think it's cool she's out cheering the Dodgers, as she loved them and going with my stepdad.

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_0433 (1).jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Betts just made running down a hard hit ball in the gap and throwing it to 2nd base look routine. Tough play, and he made it look easy.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I wish all the leagues (minus NFL) would cut the schedules drastically, you can just feel how important each game is right now in baseball. If you start your first 10 at 3-7 and a divisional rival goes 7-3 that is a pretty big amount to overcome in 50 games.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Not a LAD fan.....but that is complete horse-sheet. It's over 13% of the season. That better get reduced down to 2-3 games. The whole Astros thing has been a fiasco and now it's almost like Manfred is doubling down on the insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad