OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Initial reports from the NTSB are starting to come out. Radio communications seem to indicate the pilot requested special visual flight rules as he was having problems seeing in the fog. Then he requested "flight following" which is a request to ATC to monitor his flight. ATC responded that he was too low for flight following.

This is speculation on my part, but it sounds like controlled flight into terrain due to the fog in the area. Law enforcement helicopters in the area had been grounded due to the weather. Pilot may have been too low, possibly a little off course, and maybe not skilled in instrument-only flight.

Reactions: ibleedkings

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
“The UConn women’s basketball program has been one of the best programs around for a while and it was one that Gigi showed a lot of interest in and happened to be the program a lot of her favourite players graduated from.”

Courtesy: TSN

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Kings will be the first sports events at Staples. Doughty should be Bryant for 1 night

That would be pretty cool to have Bryant on the back with his number 8 just for one game. Not sure if Drew knows Kobe but still would be a nice tribute to the mamba. League may not allow it but maybe during warm ups.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kobe+Bryant+Natalia+Bryant+Kobe+Vanessa+Getting+0xlexpWFsOPl.jpg

I truly believe Kobe forced all teams in LA to be better. He made the Kings and Dodgers better., They had to compete for that sports $ and attention

Last edited:

LA Kings Cup Champs

Oct 1, 2007
KINGS of Hockey
I wanted to post this somewhere and I felt that this would be a great place to do so.

These words might strike some people the wrong way, but they are in NO WAY meant to hurt anyone. These are just thoughts and emotions being expressed after an absolutely DEVESTATING disaster...

In a weird way I feel that Kobe's TRAGIC death (as well as the tragic deaths of the 8 other passengers) had more positive impact on mankind than any human being in all of history (based on what he had already accomplished in his young life and the examples that those amazing accomplishments had shown ALL of mankind.......what a HUMAN BEING can accomplish if he/she puts his/her mind and dedication to it).

I have been doing alot of reflecting in my life, as well as, what life REALLY means, and I have come to the conclusion that I love my son more than I already did....which was already at maximum capacity. And now I feel like I love him 10x more than I did the day before, which is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!

I have become a better person, and father, since yesterday and KOBE made that happen!

I don't think that I am the only one feeling similarly feelings or coming to similar conclusions. His impact on humanity, ALL AROUND THE WORLD, might have had more of a POSITIVE impact on all of mankind than anyone before him (maybe even more than Martin Luther King Jr.).

May he and all the others who's lives were ended MUCH TOO SOON........... may they Rest In Peace!

Reactions: The Butcher

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Speaking about things that suck. I tuned into the UCLA vs Utah basketball game today on FS1 and who is calling the game...Alex Faust. My first thought is "oh no, not Alex."

And then boom, he is actually really good at calling a basketball game. Maybe it's just Fox that takes him down.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Speaking about things that suck. I tuned into the UCLA vs Utah basketball game today on FS1 and who is calling the game...Alex Faust. My first thought is "oh no, not Alex."

And then boom, he is actually really good at calling a basketball game. Maybe it's just Fox that takes him down.
He’s good at calling hockey too when Fox isn’t around. They’re just a really bad duo.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Jim Fox in his current state would make any broadcaster look bad.

Kind of hard to call a game when someone is talking over you and cheering for goals and other cheerleading acts in the booth. It's sad, I used to really enjoy Jim Fox, I thought he was one of the best in the business for a long time, the Stanley Cup's completely ruined him as a commentator.

Jun 30, 2006
Jim Fox in his current state would make any broadcaster look bad.

Kind of hard to call a game when someone is talking over you and cheering for goals and other cheerleading acts in the booth. It's sad, I used to really enjoy Jim Fox, I thought he was one of the best in the business for a long time, the Stanley Cup's completely ruined him as a commentator.

Agreed. Bob was carrying that duo, that’s why Fox looked good. Once Bob retired, Fox was exposed for what he is. A Hayward clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad