Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Knob should have tried Stecher with Nurse more near the end of the season. It looked good, better than Nurse-Ceci by far.

It’s tough to throw a guy in during the playoffs but it could really change things if they play like they did together before in that brief window.

Stecher played for the Nucks before too, he might be really fired up and motivated, I’m not opposed to it.

That's my take away too, Nurse's best games post-TDL where the few he played with Stecher.

And although Stecher's size does create concerns, you've got both Ekholm-Bouchard and Kulak-Vinny looking rock solid defensively as the other pairs, and Nurse to cover for his lack of strength.

If you were looking for an ideal fit for Stecher, I don't know how much better you could do.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Just saw the full game after work gigging last night (with a crew of Canuckle fans).

McDavid was unbelievable. Took over the game entirely and bent the opposition around his skating and elite processor/skill game. Captain redemption tonight after a very, very quiet game 1. Could have easily had 2 more goals and team high 5 shots. Big difference in the face-off dot also critically improved with 53.3%. Domination. Heroic game from Draisaitl moved to wing and shotgunning an unbeatable pairing with McDavid. Such innate hockey intelligence and ability to read off one another. Draisailt is playing at such high level across 200 feet. So engaged and committed defensively.

The Oiler 5 man unit creates a top heavy force with Ekholm unreal in this game and Bouchard so composed. Challenged to get support scoring but I thought the other lines were really solid defensively. Loved Janmark's game (as I usually do). Will give some credit to Nugent Hopkins on two critical defensive player - one to prevent a Miller clear break on goal after the puck farted off Nurse's boot and second with stellar netfront blue paint defending support where the puck hits him and goes wide. Without it hitting him there's a chance that puck bounces down to find net. Not confident in Skinner with that shitty third goal but this team did what it had to do to protect against its weak link.

Huge win. The super elites led the way.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
This might be news to some but most people still only do "boring" stuff in expensive places with "lots to do" as well

At least Edmonton has a ton of events and festivals, but Big Zog doesn't seem like he would appreciate those sorts of things.
Guy is lucky he's not on the front lines of Putin's war. He can go f*** himself and enjoy living in NA and the free encampment drug sites in his shithole city.

Just saying.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Yaaaaaaaawn. That's the best chirp he can come up with? How original.
Floating-Kayaking-Water-Activities-on-the-North-Saskatchewan-River-Edmonton-Explore-Edmonton-Travel-Alberta-Bask-on-the-Sask-16-980x560.jpg

Here's the North Saskatchewan River so he can proceed to dive more.

I like how the nuck morons didn't even bother responding to it in the mains. (Shocking)
What can they really say though? The proof is in the pudding. They can't argue with that video - its pretty damning.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Kane will have a great game 3 he loves getting home fans' adoration, I have noticed he plays a lot more passively on the road , he will be a wrecking ball tomorrow book it

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Both he and Drai were ridiculously good in the last game. All-time great performances by both of them imo. I think McDavid is good you expect it so games like the first of the series stand out more than this.

They played near perfect. Drai might have actually played a perfect game.
I think you should add Ekholm to that list. What a game he had.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Some people are insecure about it. I don’t even live in Edmonton anymore but it annoys me when regular people pile on and mock Edmonton, especially Calgarians (very comparable city, they get all high and mighty over chinooks).

People in basements who can barely afford Vancouver will mock Edmonton.

For what it is, for being a smaller city, Edmonton is great. Just having an NHL team and awesome arena is a really cool perk.
I'd go a step further and say people who live in Vancouver basements are leaving Vancouver enmasse for Edmonton.

I rarely hear about folks living in Edmonton or even Calgary moving to Vancouver. It's always the other way.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kane will have a great game 3 he loves getting home fans' adoration, I have noticed he plays a lot more passively on the road , he will be a wrecking ball tomorrow book it
Already loved that Hughes hit. If there’s more to come look out. I think there will be too, he does love the spotlight and we’re ready to give him all he can handle.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
This is not the own u think it it. It shows how stupid zadorovs statement its in reality.

People should be insecure about it,it’s entitled and snobbish. Try living in a third world country.
Funny story about Zadorov. 1 he's a UFA. 2. He's a Russian. 3 They historically go to the place which will pay $1 more than the other guy. 4. He lives in Florida offseason.

Van fans are going to be so down when they see him run away to panthers or bolts.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Funny story about Zadorov. 1 he's a UFA. 2. He's a Russian. 3 They historically go to the place which will pay $1 more than the other guy. 4. He lives in Florida offseason.

Van fans are going to be so down when they see him run away to panthers or bolts.
that would be team number six

such a popular player everyone wants him

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I think one of the big issues for the depth scoring is the blueline's inability to create beyond the top pairing.

Right now Ekholm and Bouchard are more or less stapled to McDrai, while Kulak and Vinny play solid defence, but always make the safe when they get the puck; and well... here's the best visualisation of Nurse-Ceci I can find:
View attachment 869070

I don't mind tossing more minutes at Kulak-Vinny with how they've been playing, but I think you need to look at Nurse playing with Stecher or Broberg on the 3rd pairing and hope they can deliver an offensive pulse of any kind.

Up front; with Drai injured, I don't mind going to the hero line. However Henrique's injury does toss a wrench into the usual plan. Still, I think you can make it work...

McDrai-Hyman
RNH-McLeod-Kane
Janmark-Ryan-Foegele
Holloway-Henrique-Perry

McLeod's been mostly invisible these playoffs, but his defensive play has still been rock solid. Plus his skating and ability to get the puck going the right way complements RNH and Kane the best of the remaining (healthy) options.

Otherwise, Janmark-Ryan is a solid defensive combo, and Holloway gets put with two willy vets.
Which is the 3rd or 4th line depends on the health of Henrique's ankle. At the moment I'd say it's the Janmark-Ryan line.
I don't see the Oilers stacking their centre depth on Line 2. They need to run RNH and McLeod at 2C and 3C if they keep Draisaitl to run as a McWinger on a stacked 1 line. Definitely don't see Ryan moved up to 3C and trying to go head to head with a strong Canuckle third line.

If anything they can move support wingers around. I'd consider in-game swapping of Holloway and Foegele to bring the kid's high energy, fast and heavy forecheck if Foegele slips into passive version. That might unlock some offensive support for Line 2 but a bit risk defensively with Kane and Holloway. Henrique is the key. If healthy he can move around the lineup at left wing and provide some centre face-off support. Janmark too can move up and down 3LW and 4LW.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

True story - the Flames wouldn't allow him on the team plane from Toronto to Ottawa after he asked for a trade. He was forced to take the train by himself. 🤣

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Whatever Bouch gets on his next contract, he should give Ek 40% of it. Bouch is amazing offensively but the Viking has unlocked something in him and Ek is our best d-man, hands down.
lol, what?

Let’s examine this. Bouchard has an xGAR of 88% and Ekholm has 84%. Bouchard is near the top of the league in zone denials, successful
Zone exits, puck retrievals. Let’s not forget about his point totals. Ekholm has reached career highs in points this year. His metrics were declining in Nashville and so was the completion he played against. Moving to Edmonton- he has the best numbers of his career (underlying defensive metrics). Bouchard has helped Ekholm as much as Ekholm has helped Bouchard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad