Other domestic leagues 2020/21

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
lol Gent shouldn't sign players from the Swedish League anymore, they're always busts
Couple of years ago they had the #2 on that list and sold him again after 6 months of sitting on the bench

that nr 2 have been good enough to make denmark wc 2018 and this euros. but yeah for some reason players from swedish league rarely work out in belgium league but they usually do in netherlands.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
In Sweden, as expected, Malmö is on the top.

GP wrote an article who they think is the 25 best players in Swedish league, i would say its pretty accurate. I would choose Oscar Lewicki over Elias Andersson thought. Hamsik is ranked nr 1 only becuse of his merits, playing wise he have not been good.

25) Alexander Milosevic, 29, försvarare (AIK)
24) Elias Andersson, 25, mittfältare (Djurgårdens IF)
23) Leo Bengtsson, 22, mittfältare (BK Häcken)
22) Eric Larsson, 29, försvarare (Malmö FF)
21) Oscar Jansson, 30, målvakt (IFK Norrköping)
20) Joseph Okumu, 23, försvarare (IF Elfsborg)
19) Yukiya Sugita, 27, anfallare (IK Sirius)
18) Pontus Dahlberg, 22, målvakt (BK Häcken)
17) Simon Olsson, 23, mittfältare (IF Elfsborg)
16) Martin Olsson, 32, försvarare (BK Häcken)
15) Alexander Fransson, 26, mittfältare (IFK Norrköping)
14) Astrit Selmani, 23, anfallare (Hammarby IF)
13) Johan Larsson, 30, försvarare (IF Elfsborg)
12) Alexander Jeremejeff, 27, anfallare (BK Häcken)
11) Antonio Colak, 27, anfallare (Malmö FF)
10) Christoffer Nyman, 28, anfallare (IFK Norrköping)
9) Mikael Lustig, 34, försvarare (AIK)
8) Oscar Wendt, 35, försvarare (IFK Göteborg)
7) Sead Haksabanovic, 21, mittfältare (IFK Norrköping)
6) Anel Ahmedhodzic, 22, försvarare (Malmö FF)
5) Ola Toivonen, 34, (Malmö FF)
4) Sebastian Larsson, 35, mittfältare (AIK)
3) Marcus Berg, 34, anfallare (IFK Göteborg)
2) Anders Christiansen, 30, mittfältare (Malmö FF)
  1. Marek Hamsik, 33, mittfältare (IFK Göteborg)

Must be said though, if Djurgården win the game they got in hand on Malmö they're on the same point, and has played the best football the first third of the season. A bit worrying though that they don't score more with all the chances they been creating.

Secondly, that list must look at earlier merits, and not really how things stand right now, there are som players I don't think should be that high or even on that list anymore, but if you look at what they have achieved fine. If we look at best players right now I do miss a few names on that list

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
lol Gent shouldn't sign players from the Swedish League anymore, they're always busts
Couple of years ago they had the #2 on that list and sold him again after 6 months of sitting on the bench

Done deal now:

Maybe he will have a Joseph Aidoo and Omar Colley impact, 2 players who went from Swedish league to belgium and did good. So not true all players from swedish leagues turns into busts. Dont forget Gustav Engvall.

How is Odilon Kossounou doing btw? He is another african from Swedish League, plays for Club Brugge now.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Must be said though, if Djurgården win the game they got in hand on Malmö they're on the same point, and has played the best football the first third of the season. A bit worrying though that they don't score more with all the chances they been creating.

Secondly, that list must look at earlier merits, and not really how things stand right now, there are som players I don't think should be that high or even on that list anymore, but if you look at what they have achieved fine. If we look at best players right now I do miss a few names on that list

Its either Djurgården or Malmö who wins it. This 2 clubs have dominated Swedish league in the 2000s. Really hope both teams gets into CL/EL.

yeah you are right, that list is mostly based on merits, and some of the players have recently leaved in this summer window.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Done deal now:

Maybe he will have a Joseph Aidoo and Omar Colley impact, 2 players who went from Swedish league to belgium and did good. So not true all players from swedish leagues turns into busts. Dont forget Gustav Engvall.

How is Odilon Kossounou doing btw? He is another african from Swedish League, plays for Club Brugge now.

No I meant all players going to Gent turn into busts :D
Genk are a different story. They have also bought several players from Sweden (or Scandinavia in general) and have developped them very well.

Kossounou is fantastic! He showed flashes of his talent in his first full season, when he mostly played as a backup right back, but this past season he really broke through as a CB. He was a big part of why Brugge had by far the best defence in the league. He is so fast, so strong, so athletic, and has good feet too. He played a couple of games as a holding midfielder too, and even in midfield he's a beast. Great prospect.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No I meant all players going to Gent turn into busts :D
Genk are a different story. They have also bought several players from Sweden (or Scandinavia in general) and have developped them very well.

Kossounou is fantastic! He showed flashes of his talent in his first full season, when he mostly played as a backup right back, but this past season he really broke through as a CB. He was a big part of why Brugge had by far the best defence in the league. He is so fast, so strong, so athletic, and has good feet too. He played a couple of games as a holding midfielder too, and even in midfield he's a beast. Great prospect.

every year there is a decent amount of players from swedish league who goes to duth league, turkish league, russian league, belgian league, ligue 1 and does good. so its a good leauge to scout in. buying players from swedish league is cheap.

Some of these players i think will go to a bigger league:

Simon Olsson
Astrit Selemani
Isak Bergmann Johanessen
Eric Kahl
Bilal Hussein
Daleho Irandust
Patrik Wålemark
Leon Bengtsson
Gustav Berggren
Jacob Une Larsson
Hjalmar Ekdal
Hampus Findell
Amoo
August Erlingmark
Alhassan Yusuf
Jonathan Levi
Carl Gustafsson
Pavle Vagic
Kevin Wright
Dennis Collander

But just keep them out of Gent.

The swedish league have become funny to watch btw, it was super boring before. But every team is trying to play offensive and extreme pressure on boll-holder. Good fans too. I think it was you who liked Malmö FF fans? You wrote that in one of the CL/EL qualifacation thread. :cool:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Belgian season started tonight with the Supercup between champions Club Brugge and Cup winners Genk
Both teams still missing about 5-6 starters because of the Euro's and Copa America

Club Brugge won 3-2 in an entertaining game with a couple of very good goals. Noa Lang scored a fantastic PK, this was his first game with Brugge fans in the stadium (he made his debut last season in October when fans were banned again) and you could see he really wanted to entertain them.
Also pretty cool to see some Brugge youth academy youngsters get their first taste of action, with goalie Senne Lammens (19) getting the start with Mignolet not back yet, and midfielders Noah Mbamba (16) and Cisse Sandra (17) seeing some minutes as well. Mbamba especially looks like a kid to keep an eye on, he reminds me of Ajax' Gravenberch

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
If something like this happened in the CL, you'd bet those players would be suspended for a long time from the competition. The players have got a smallish fine for now, we'll see later what they get from courts and football authorities.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If something like this happened in the CL, you'd bet those players would be suspended for a long time from the competition. The players have got a smallish fine for now, we'll see later what they get from courts and football authorities.
The players aren't all to blame for this and it would never happen because what did was basically blatant cheating. Poor boca aren't used to getting robbed they usually are the robbers.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If you ever want to see what small teams are up against in leagues..I'm watching Belgian football and Eupen lead 2-1 in injury time at Brugge (which is the equivalent of say Brentford leading Man City in Manchester 2-1) and they're giving them 10 minutes of injury time. There were some treatment pauses, subs and stuff..but nothing crazy..this would normally be 6 minutes maybe.

Reactions: luiginb

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
You're kidding me right? The amount of time wasting by Eupen in this game was crazy. Finally a ref has the balls to punish a team for it. Their goalie alone went down with "cramps" about 5 times in the final 10 minutes. :laugh:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
The main Belgian sports website (www.sporza.be) just did a fact check, they counted all the 'dead time' so subs, celebrating of the goals, injury treatments, time wasting.. etc. Their conclusion? 19 minutes! So 13 minutes of added time was actually not even that bad on Eupen.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
They did do some time wasting sure...but that's pretty normal given the scenario. I don't think injury time is meant to reflect all dead time. If you did that calculation for all matches you'd get a difference in all of them. But it doesn't surprise me that the media would jump in to do the bidding of a club like Brugge.

Reactions: luiginb

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The only way forward is to stop the clock when there is time wasting. 95% of referees never add enough time so I for sure applaud this referee for doing his job.

Reactions: Savi

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Sporza are way more biased towards Anderlecht than Brugge, this isn't anywhere near to 'do the bidding of a club like Brugge' and even so, they were literally just counting the dead time, there isn't any bias for/against anyone. You can't manipulate time.

How much time would you have added on then? Have you ever seen a goalie suffer from cramps that much? At least 3 times for a total of 6-7 minutes. Some other players too. Then you had the subs as well.. Even if a rival team got 10 mins added time I would understand in this situation.

Anyway. Very weird opening match day. Brugge and Genk both avoided defeat with a goal deep into added time. Anderlecht, Antwerp and Gent lost. Anderlecht especially, losing at home against a historic club from the heart of Brussels, Union SG, who just returned to the top division for the first time in almost 50 years.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Now 17 years old barco continues to get pt for boca. Coming on at half time. Will be interesting to see what boca does with him when they get their first team back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad