Other domestic leagues 2020/21

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Vitesse won the Dutch first leg European playoff over AZ with a late Openda goal. Klasie scored an important goal for AZ, who will play the return leg at home.

Bit weird that Dasa already left Vitesse before such an important match to go back to Israel (to get married), even though his contract ends after this season. Openda will also leave after his loan spell from Brugge finishes.

The return leg was one-sided affair as AZ trashed Vitesse 6-1. AZ's Hungarian teenager Kerkez showed some good glimpses, and Karlsson finished his season on good form.

Vitesse will look quite different next season, as Openda will leave (he should do well in the future too), as will Bazoer (who scored the consolation goal from a free kick) in addition to Dasa.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Club Brugge should be able to get a good price for Openda when they sell him, and I believe they will. I think he's very overrated.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Sparta Prague has hired a Danish coach, Brian Priske, formerly of Midtjylland, who he managed to take to the group stage of the CL. A bit surprising choice considering the disaster that was their last foray into foreign coaches with Stramaccionni, a debacle they have only really just recovered from. But I'll admit I don't know much about him

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Sparta Prague has hired a Danish coach, Brian Priske, formerly of Midtjylland, who he managed to take to the group stage of the CL. A bit surprising choice considering the disaster that was their last foray into foreign coaches with Stramaccionni, a debacle they have only really just recovered from. But I'll admit I don't know much about him

He only lasted 1 season at Antwerp. But he was kinda the victim of idiot management and a dumb transfer policy. He guided Antwerp to 3rd place although with very ugly yet effective football which I think with that team was the absolute maximum.
I'll say this the guy is a class act though. Like I said that club is a gong show and from halfway through the season there were rumours he would het fired and management not once publically defended him yet he always acted with class about the whole situation. Even now after getting fired and being replaced by Van Bommel (LOL) I haven't heard a bad word from him about the club.

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad