Other domestic leagues 2020/21

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sesko & Adeyemi make for a simply delightful partnership. Salzburg should be a lot of fun to watch in the CL again.

Second game, second brace for Karim...should've been the hattrick right there, but he was too unselfish.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sesko & Adeyemi make for a simply delightful partnership. Salzburg should be a lot of fun to watch in the CL again.

Second game, second brace for Karim...should've been the hattrick right there, but he was too unselfish.

I think they may be better this season than the past few seasons. Those two might score 75 goals between them in all competitions this season if they stay healthy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think they may be better this season than the past few seasons. Those two might score 75 goals between them in all competitions this season if they stay healthy.

I can see that. They're looking sharp and that pair of teenagers upfront are incredibly talented. Sesko looks like a slovenian Hlozek and Karim's quickness & pace are just terrifying now that his mind has started catching up to his feet.

Also helps that Nico Mantl looks poised to take that next step to challenge Müller/Nübel for that best young german keeper title and Aaronson looks to have settled into their midfield quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
So I recently decided to bite the bullet and get Paramount Plus for European matches and also Scotland. As it comes with the package, I've also watched a fair bit of Brazilian and Argentinian league football since. I would say that based on what I've seen Argentinian football is definitely more entertaining than Brazilian (which somewhat surprised me). A lot of teams playing pretty attacking football and a lot of rather spotty defensive play. The Brazilian league feels a little more 'European' in comparison, more organized and rugged.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So I recently decided to bite the bullet and get Paramount Plus for European matches and also Scotland. As it comes with the package, I've also watched a fair bit of Brazilian and Argentinian league football since. I would say that based on what I've seen Argentinian football is definitely more entertaining than Brazilian (which somewhat surprised me). A lot of teams playing pretty attacking football and a lot of rather spotty defensive play. The Brazilian league feels a little more 'European' in comparison, more organized and rugged.
Is this available in Canada?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ozil opened his account with Fenerbahçe. Captains arm band on and back with the #10, wishing this Arsenal legend a great season!

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Made it a point to wake up for SPL action on ESPN+ only to find it's no longer on ESPN+ but Paramount+. Damn. I wonder how often leagues will be switching streaming providers. Could become a cumbersome task tracking year to year.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Malmö right now have 70M Euro in the bank. Not sure where that would place Malmö in terms of economics if lets say we played in Bundesliga.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Were it not for the inherent tension of an Old Firm match, this Rangers/Celtic contest would be an awful advert for Scottish football (even with the tension really).

And the way some talk about Edouard and Morelos, dear lord. Some of the worst striker play I've seen from both. I hope Edouard does go to Palace, he's dreadful.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
E_JkcVGXsAAb3co-1.jpeg

lol the nr.10 spot

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Antwerp striker Michael Frey scored 5 goals today at Standard, including a 9-minute natural hatty

What do you think of Antwerp's level this season?

Watched their defeat against Olympiacos last night, and they sure have players on paper in their attack who should do well in the Belgian league, even if some of them didn't live up to their early promise. Of course who knows how they will gel as the season goes on. Jonathan Eggestein, Viktor Fischer, Samatta, Frey. Engels, Verstraete, Gerkens, Butez, lots of guys in their prime years, some with experience at higher level leagues. And then veterans like De Laet, Nainggolan, Haroun. I'd thought they should do well, even if not quite challenge for the title, but they have had rather mediocre start to the season in the league.

Is their win against Standard Liege more indicative of their ability, or the two home losses against lesser name clubs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad