OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
There are actually a few connections between the Pioneers and the Nanooks... This was the preview article for the weekends matchup: @NanooksHockey Takes on #9 Denver Pioneers in Mile-High City - University of Alaska Fairbanks

Old Pals
The Denver Pioneers and the Alaska Nanooks coaching staffs have several ties to each other's programs. Denver's assistant coach Tavis MacMillan was the head coach for the Alaska Nanooks hockey team from 2004-07 with fellow Denver assistant coach Dallas Ferguson serving as his assistant. Following MacMillan's departure from the Nooks, Ferguson served as the Alaska Nanooks hockey team's head coach from 2008-17. Furthermore, current Alaska Nanooks head coach Erik Largen played for MacMillan and Ferguson as a goaltender for the Nanooks from 2006-08 before serving as Ferguson's assistant coach for Alaska throughout the 2016-17 season.

And the fun doesn't stop there. New Alaska Nanooks assistant coach Joe Howe will be returning to familiar territory, as Howe served as the DU volunteer assistant coach from 2015-17 before becoming the Director of Hockey Operations for the Pioneers last season.​
There are quite a few ties there for what you wouldn't imagine to be connected programs. I didn't think inter-conference teams really had any connections, to be honest.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Jerry Jones wouldn't trade a high draft pick for Earl Thomas but did so for Amari Cooper lmao

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
AZ would want more - both those guys are short term rentals through the end of the year (DT might be on a deal but I think there's a significant "out" after this season)

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Do they need a LB? There's rumors that the play of Jewell has also made Marshal available. I'd do DT and Marshal for Peterson.

Never been a huge fan of Marshall. All of last year, I was barking about how he's not as good as advertised.

That said, not sure Jewell is ready to be a quality ILB starter. He's not bad, but not sure that's a huge improvement at this point in time.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Pat Shurmur is getting killed for doing a smart thing by going for 2 after scoring a TD down by 14.

NFL has a long way to go.

Now those QB sneaks with Eli at the end was pretty dumb.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
AZ’s owner is a complete a-hole. He’ll probably keep Peterson just to spite him and hold on to Fitzgerald just to be selfish.

Larry should be the one dealt, and probably to the team of his choice for all that he’s done for the Cardinals.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Pat Shurmur is getting killed for doing a smart thing by going for 2 after scoring a TD down by 14.

NFL has a long way to go.

Now those QB sneaks with Eli at the end was pretty dumb.
You’re going to have to do a little convincing to make me think that was smart at all.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So.... start Chad Kelly? :sarcasm:

tenor.gif

Can’t be any worse than the **** we’ve thrown out the last 3 seasons :dunno:

source.gif

Only if he broke into the facility first... too soon?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tru and henchman21

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Swag Kelly got beat with a vacuum cleaner. :laugh:

I see he hasn't changed much since college. He might've been a few weeks away from becoming the starter too.

Reactions: ASmileyFace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad