OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ya I still refuse to recognize/acknowledge any ravens players after the playoff snaffoo against them when rahim Moore got torched at the end of regulation when the game was basically over

I still blame super-ultra-conservative John Fox with blowing that game more than Rahim Moore forgetting how to play when he instructed one of the best QB's to ever play the game to take a knee.

Reactions: Grackle Party

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I still blame super-ultra-conservative John Fox with blowing that game more than Rahim Moore forgetting how to play when he instructed one of the best QB's to ever play the game to take a knee.

I mean, it should never have gotten that far. Down by a td and Flacco and co. Had zero timeouts and there was maybe 90 seconds on the clock. All you have to do is keep the wr in front of you.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Man that Ravens moment is painful to remember.

I’ll never forget how my friend ordered like 10 shots because we were going to win the game and then that happened. We literally had the shots on the bar ready to drink. What a jinx.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Man that Ravens moment is painful to remember.

I’ll never forget how my friend ordered like 10 shots because we were going to win the game and then that happened. We literally had the shots on the bar ready to drink. What a jinx.
Oh god I had the exact same experience. Our 4 shots sat there until the Ravens won because we they were "victory shots"

Worst shot of tequila ever.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yep amen. And it was bitter damn cold that day too!

Comparing that team to the one that lost to the Jags in the 90s is an interesting comparison. I remember thinking that Jags loss team was the best TD-Elway era team there was. And I definitely think the Ravens loss team was the best Manning-Era squad. Hard to believe we pissed those two seasons away. I guess the only difference is the Jags got smashed I believe in the next round but that Ravens team went on (I think) to the super bowl and maybe even won it?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Comparing that team to the one that lost to the Jags in the 90s is an interesting comparison. I remember thinking that Jags loss team was the best TD-Elway era team there was. And I definitely think the Ravens loss team was the best Manning-Era squad. Hard to believe we pissed those two seasons away. I guess the only difference is the Jags got smashed I believe in the next round but that Ravens team went on (I think) to the super bowl and maybe even won it?

jags lost to pats who lost to GB in the SB.

ravens actually finished with the 2nd worst record in the AFC that year.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

I was at that Jags loss........I can't remember the Jags lefty quarterback's name but he was unstoppable that game.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah he was awesome but the Jags should have never been in that game.

The Ravens did win the Super Bowl that year after the Rahim game incident. They beat Kaepernicks 49ers that year. That one made the loss I guess not as bad.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
bocklet2.jpg

It’s hard to pinpoint a historic moment in the Outlaws’ existence that Bocklet was not at the forefront of. A captain of all three championship teams, the franchise’s all-time leader with 144 games played, a five-time MLL All-Star, No. 3 on MLL’s all-time ground balls list—the list of Bocklet’s accolades and accomplishments is unparalleled in the Outlaws’ proud history.

Just like the last great No. 7 to play at Mile High, Bocklet will go down as one his sport’s all-time greats. And just like Elway, the image of Bocklet hoisting a championship trophy will be the last time we see the No. 7 in Mile High Orange.
After 11 Seasons with the Outlaws, Matt Bocklet Announces | Denver Outlaws

Outlaws captain Matt Bocklet has officially retired. Not a bad way to go out. At one point he got to play for the Outlaws with both of his brothers, Mike and Chris, at the same time.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

The big difference there was Shanny learned from his mistakes, Fox could never shake out of that conservatism.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah I just read the Malone news in the paper.

Waiting for the Malone hate to be tee’d up and delivered again!

Do you guys really think VJ gets canned tonight with a loss? I’m hopeful but if I bet on it I’d say no. The thing is though if the broncos lose to the Texans and lose tonight they could go 7 straight L’s before the bye. I’d definitely see it happening after the Texans if that plays out

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah I just read the Malone news in the paper.

Waiting for the Malone hate to be tee’d up and delivered again!

Do you guys really think VJ gets canned tonight with a loss? I’m hopeful but if I bet on it I’d say no. The thing is though if the broncos lose to the Texans and lose tonight they could go 7 straight L’s before the bye. I’d definitely see it happening after the Texans if that plays out

I wouldn't bet on it, but if there was a time to do it and maybe try and save the season, that would be it. Even if they lose and they know there's no saving the season, it should still happen because f***ing hell the Cardinals are terrible, and won't even have Rosen playing for them.

Basically if VJ makes it through this season I'll have lost whatever specks of faith I have left in the organization.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I must say I find it pretty surprising the number of NFL players who just happen to have the same as their dads...seems a little extreme since there are so many.

Is it really that, or is it more the case that these are immature f***ers who think it's cool to add 'JR' or II, III to their names? (I'm kind of hoping it's the former but expecting the latter)

-Bender IV

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Didn't watch the game at all, but saw highlights. Much as I like to see athletes show a little personality I find Josh Rosen to be a bit off-putting, so Von and the defense taking him down a peg was good to see.

Man, the Cardinals are sooooooooo bad. I wish Larry Fitzgerald had chosen to play elsewhere, dude's one of the best ever at his position and will have nothing but one measly Super Bowl appearance to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad