OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW8

Apr 28, 2014
So I listen to 104.3 the fan on my commute. I happened to catch pretty much all of King-Dmac.
It started when King accepted an invitation to Interview with Zach Bye and Brandon Stokley. When King did the interview he totally sabotaged it... Badly.
Dmac later tweeted in defense of Stokley, and basically said if you don't want to interview - don't agree to it and if you do interview at least know you are being interviewed by a former Bronco.
King replied to Dmac " suck a %$#&".
The next day at practice King approached Dmac and confronted him.

Now I agree that Dmac is near his time, and I generally disagree with him. He is way too negative and pessimistic and speaks his mind too cavalierly. That being said, in this case he is 100% in the clear.

As to the Rockies - Hard to believe Davis leads the league in saves. I applaud the Rox for realizing their weak spot was bullpen and then spending a kings fortune on it, but man did it go poorly for them!

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
King and D-Mac are both pretty worthless personalities. I’ll be amazed if either of them are in the spotlight past 2019.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not here to say Marquette King is in the right here, because he's clearly not. That inane tweet and his boorish behavior toward a member of the media is unacceptable no matter what. And yes, I heard about the interview that started all of this.

I'm still not okay with so-called sports journalists making themselves the story. It just reeks of the same Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless nonsense that ultimately made me turn ESPN off permanently. It's the radio/TV equivalent of clickbait. Yes, Marquette King acted like a jerk in an interview. So what? Get over it. I don't care if he started it, do your damn job and cover what the team does on the field. They rightly deserve to be mocked by guys like Vic Lombardi.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
DMacs coverage of the Bowlen situation is far worse of a sin than the King situation IMO. I pretty much swore he was going to get fired or reassigned after that one.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
People actually listen to The Fan? Can't get enough Broncos news from NFL, ESPN, every single local news sports show, every single sports radio show, and the insane amount of Bronco fans in CO? It's not like you can't leave your house and have people talk about how relevant Peyton Manning still is...

Reactions: RockyMtnRedhawk

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
As to the Rockies - Hard to believe Davis leads the league in saves. I applaud the Rox for realizing their weak spot was bullpen and then spending a kings fortune on it, but man did it go poorly for them!
Their weak spot was the offense and they didn't improve that at all.

Spending a ton of money in free agency is stupid, spending a ton of money for bullpen guys are a fireable offense.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well that was a stinker of a preseason game. Same garbage coaching staff. Same old garbage Paxton Lynch. No run defense, poor predictable offensive play calling.

Anyone who thinks this team is any better than a 4-12, 5-11 type team is out to lunch. You simply can't win in this league with garbage coaching that doesn't have the team ready to compete.

Reactions: AvsWraith and 5280

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
For the third consecutive season and the 8th time in 13 seasons, the Denver Outlaws have advanced to the Major League Lacrosse championship game.

They will play the Dallas Ratters next Saturday at 5:00 PM Mountain Time at a neutral site in Charleston.

Last year the Outlaws blew a substantial lead to cough up the game, but prior to that they won the title in two out of three seasons.

If they can pull this one off it will be their third MLL championship and the seventh sports championship won by the Bowlen ownership group (to go with 3 Super Bowls and 1 Arena Bowl).

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Well that was a stinker of a preseason game. Same garbage coaching staff. Same old garbage Paxton Lynch. No run defense, poor predictable offensive play calling.

Anyone who thinks this team is any better than a 4-12, 5-11 type team is out to lunch. You simply can't win in this league with garbage coaching that doesn't have the team ready to compete.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Out of all these up and comer coaches that we were promised I don’t think a single one has actually shown any merit.

That being said, I’ll gladly take another high first rounder and the removal of VJ/Paxton if that’s the fruits of this season’s disaster.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I was getting alerts on my phone about the broncos game and was confused when I saw Trevor scoring touchdowns and then looked and we were down. I totally forgot we got rid of him lol.

I'm tuned out of the NFL right now and from what everyone is saying I don't think that that preseason game gave me any reason to really pay attention this year.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The NFL is going to be a farce anyway with their new, idiotic rules on tackling and what not.

Elway really screwed things up when he decided Wade Phillips wasn't worth retaining as D-coordinator, then made things worse by picking a horribly inexperienced assistant as his next head coach, then doubled down on him and his complete bust of a QB pick.

Ah well, less than a month before NHL training camps open, that's all I care about, and I'm actually looking forward to this upcoming NBA season, to my own surprise.

Reactions: 5280 and Bonzai12

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Theres apparently a GoFundMe page out there to help the Broncos pay for cutting Paxton Lynch

Pretty safe to assume this kids time in Denver is over.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I gotta be honest, I just can't get excited about Tiger anymore. I get why others are, but I just can't, and I practically worshipped the guy back in the day.

I'm a sucker for it. The last two majors is the most golf I've watched in years and it's all because Tiger was in contention in the final round.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Tiger’s a great story right now. If he ever wins another major it will be phenomenal after all of the physical and emotional shit he’s gone through over the last 5 years.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Tiger’s a great story right now. If he ever wins another major it will be phenomenal after all of the physical and emotional **** he’s gone through over the last 5 years.

I'm sorry but a great deal of that was self-inflicted. He was a golden boy up until the incident with his wife. I'm not begrudging him the knee injury and subsequent addiction issues, but the other bad behavior is entirely on him.

And honestly I don't really care much if a rock star, athlete, or celebrity makes poor decisions for the most part. I mean, I ain't the morality police and I don't consider Tiger, John Elway, or even Ray Bourque a role model per se, I just really like or liked them as athletes. But I simply can't ignore the off-course stuff in his case. He has every right to reclaim his greatness and I'd be happy for him if he succeeds...but I'm just not a big fan of his any longer.

I'm a sucker for it. The last two majors is the most golf I've watched in years and it's all because Tiger was in contention in the final round.

I don't blame people one bit for getting excited about him, but I have to wonder if it's because he's so compelling a presence or because the rest of the men's golfing world simply isn't.

Reactions: 5280
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad