OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I don't care about batting average, it's a terrible stat. Even with .300 batting average, his career wOBA .330 which isn't great and wOBA isn't park adjusted.

His career wRC+ is 90 and OPS+ is 93, and every year, he's been a below average offensive player outside 2016.

With rising salaries to Arenado, Gray, Story, Blackmon, etc. next year, it would be dumb to re-sign LeMahieu (who makes 8.5M this year) who's value is from defense when Hampson, McMahon, Rodgers are all ready next year at a minimum salary.
This reads like Charlie Brown's teacher talks.

LeMahieu is a great player and he's going to get paid and do well wherever he goes.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Always funny reading someone taking runs at JWK when it comes to baseball :laugh:

Guy is one of the most knowledgable people on these boards althogether.

Reactions: JWK

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
He's a terrible hitter and they're better off spending money on other positions since they're stacked at infield in the minors.

Top defensive player plays in Oakland. DJ is great too though.

Terrible hitter? Yikes. I saw your stats but your take that he is TERRIBLE is downright laughable.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Terrible hitter? Yikes. I saw your stats but your take that he is TERRIBLE is downright laughable.
Ok then, go with below average hitter if that works for you.

No one who is career .300 is terrible. Maybe overrated, but not terrible. Batting avg is not plus/minus.
Batting average is one of the most useless stats to evaluate a hitter.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Honestly can't figure out which contract is the worst on the Rockies.

A lot of options between McGee, Shaw, Desmond and Blackmon.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So for some weird reason Colorado College hockey are ditching the 7,000 seat World Ice Arena which is 15 minutes away for a new 3,000 seat arena on-campus. What the ****? It's like they finalized the paperwork to become a second-rate team for their entire existence.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
So for some weird reason Colorado College hockey are ditching the 7,000 seat World Ice Arena which is 15 minutes away for a new 3,000 seat arena on-campus. What the ****? It's like they finalized the paperwork to become a second-rate team for their entire existence.
On campus venues >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Reactions: CharlesPuck

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Love it for CC. The world arena was far away and not a great destination part of town.

Smart smart move by CC. This will
Get more attendance.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
On campus venues >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Curious to why is that, I am asking because you def know more about college sports than I? Losing more than half of your seats (and reveune) doesn't make sense. The team is unchallenged in the Springs during the winter time.

Love it for CC. The world arena was far away and not a great destination part of town.

Smart smart move by CC. This will
Get more attendance.
Lol what? 14 minutes is far away for a top of the model multipurpose arena? CC never had/has attendance issues, they're the only sports team around during hockey season. Actually DU has more attendance issues considering they're also challenged by the Avs in the metro area.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Curious to why is that, I am asking because you def know more about college sports than I? Losing more than half of your seats (and reveune) doesn't make sense. The team is unchallenged in the Springs during the winter time.

Lol what? 14 minutes is far away for a top of the model multipurpose arena? CC never had/has attendance issues, they're the only sports team around during hockey season. Actually DU has more attendance issues considering they're also challenged by the Avs in the metro area.

Spoken like a guy who has never been to
The springs. Now it’s 14 minutes eh? And there’s so much public transportation to the world arena?

Guess who goes to CC games? CC Students. Having the rink on campus will help with attendance and game atmosphere.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Spoken like a guy who has never been to
The springs. Now it’s 14 minutes eh? And there’s so much public transportation to the world arena?

Guess who goes to CC games? CC Students. Having the rink on campus will help with attendance and game atmosphere.
World Ice Arena is 7.1 miles away from the CC bookstore which is right in the middle of the campus area. I am sorry, but I have little to no sympathy if a student can't grab an uber for seven freckin miles man.

Spoken like a true guy who has never been to the springs? I've been to like 40 CC games in my lifetime because they were cheaper than Avs tickets. Stop assuming stuff out of your ass. Majority of people who go to CC games are local people of the Springs since as I said they're the only team in town for the entire city, from Monument down you're in Tigers territory. There's nothing wrong with the school having a big following beyond just the students.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
World Ice Arena is 7.1 miles away from the CC bookstore which is right in the middle of the campus area. I am sorry, but I have little to no sympathy if a student can't grab an uber for seven freckin miles man.

Spoken like a true guy who has never been to the springs? I've been to like 40 CC games in my lifetime because they were cheaper than Avs tickets. Stop assuming stuff out of your ass. Majority of people who go to CC games are local people of the Springs since as I said they're the only team in town for the entire city, from Monument down you're in Tigers territory. There's nothing wrong with the school having a big following beyond just the students.

Maybe they plan to use the new arena for other sports in addition to ice hockey? :dunno:

I’m guessing the while the larger arena may be available for hockey games, it’s likely not available or feasible for other sports. I don’t know this is the case, but it’s just a thought.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

Yikes, so you would rather punish students of the university than allow easier access for them...

And who says that regular folks cant attend games on campus. That part of Colorado Springs is 100x nicer than the area by the World Arena and would provide a much nicer pregame dinner/post game drink option than the Target...

You are seriously freaking out over nothing and its really odd..

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There is always a huge difference on on campus stadium atmosphere vs off campus. Happens everywhere throughout all college sports. I get the idea that it is 'only' 7 miles and shouldn't be an issue... but it is. This has been shown over and over and over. CSU's new football stadium has a much, much better atmosphere than Hughes had. The ~3000 seats won't necessarily lose revenue., Ticket prices will increase with demand. Last season CC had a number of games with barely 3000 people coming to games and the students were non-existent... average was only in the mid 4s. The point here is to pack the students in (probably to the tune of 1000 students) and have higher prices for the last 2000 tickets. Always have the building packed and rowdy. This is a trend that seems to be becoming more common and likely will going forward as well.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
In the 19 year period from 1998 to 2017 CC's average attendance was 6637. Now they are moving to a 3000 seat arena? Tix will be expensive and hard to get, which could be good or bad. I guess time will tell. But chopping off more than half of your attending fan base doesn't really sound like a good idea to me.

There is Air Force hockey in the Springs too, so they aren't the only game in town.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
College sports should be more about the students and their involvement than the other fans. Obviously there needs to be some balance, but the World Arena student section was small and poorly attended in recent years. It should be CC's focus to provide a good student atmosphere and provide them with tickets. 3000 is probably a bit small, but they said permanent seats and these things routinely change. Plus, for bigger games (like against DU) they could very likely still have the World Arena available.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Not sure of the lease terms with the current arena, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that having your own arena on your own campus is probably far more profitable than leasing out some 3rd party site.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I don't expect him to be good in the NFL or even be on the roster when the season starts, but it doesn't surprise me to hear that Phillip Lindsay is the talk of the camp. No one can beat his effort.

He was the only senior that cared last year on the Buffs.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
gGA7qSF.gif

I hate it when someone shifts the entire axis of the earth while I'm trying to get up off the floor

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I didn’t watch the Garcia fight but part of that one (your video) and the Rowan loss were both pretty one sided.

I gotta admit one thing I love about boxing is that close matches are very fun to watch but watching one guy destroy another is also fun to watch. Not really sure I can say the same for the other major sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad