OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Spending a lot of money in MLB free agency is bad, especially for a volatile position like bullpen guys, who knew?

member 116861

Spending a lot of money in MLB free agency is bad, especially for a volatile position like bullpen guys, who knew?

I learned this from Out of the Park Baseball '16

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I still don't understand what the Rox are doing. They have natural advantages no one else has but for some reason try to go the opposite way since what seems forever.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still don't understand what the Rox are doing. They have natural advantages no one else has but for some reason try to go the opposite way since what seems forever.

Blame O'Dud for that. He treated Coors Field like it was the enemy his entire time as GM. I don't think Bridich necessarily thinks otherwise.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I said it before but I’ll say it again, Coors Field isn’t really an advantage.

Pitchers get boned because it’s the best hitters park. Hitters get boned because they get used to pitches breaking a certain way, and then go on the road and it breaks a different way they’re used to, hence the term Coors Hangover.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Agree completely with ya Ivan

Always been a strong believer in that you improve your strengths and manage your weaknesses. Will never understand why we are in a hitters ballpark pouring all our resources into pitching. At least in the last few years it’s shifted a tiny bit more towards hitting but I’d be bringing in every young bat I could.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
It's the best hitters ballpark in the league. Someday the Rockies will figure that out again.
Since 2010, Rockies scored the most runs at home except for 2011 (4th behind NYY, Boston and Texas) and 2015 (2nd behind Toronto, who scored 1 more run).

So basically, they've scored the most runs at home for teams that don't use a DH every year for the past decade or so.

Reactions: BrickAHL

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Johnny Manziel's CFL debut:
11/20, 104 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT; 4 rushing yards

Threw a pick on his first CFL snap.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Retweet

If Bridich hadn't thrown money at garbage players in Free Agency in the previous years, who knows, maybe they would have JD Martinez playing 1st.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Last day of the MLL regular season.

The Outlaws can clinch a playoff spot with a win today against Atlanta. If they lose, they need a New York loss as well or they go home.

Been an up and down year for the Outlaws; started out slowly, then won 6 in a row, then got hit hard by injuries and lost 2 straight.

Gotta right the ship tonight. Game starts at 5:00 on ESPN+

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Outlaws won a crazy slugfest.

First they trailed 6-1, then 8-3. Then they stormed all the way back to take a 14-9 lead.

They led 15-13 and gave up a goal with 29 seconds left on the clock, but luckily the shooter on the other team had his foot just on the two point arc. If he had been an inch back, the game would have been tied and likely sent into OT.

But instead the Outlaws got out of there with a 15-14 lead and a playoff spot.

That makes 12 playoff appearances in 13 season; the only time they didn't make it was the 7-7 season they had in between their two championship victories which is when they had to replace their starting goalie, best defenseman, and best attack player.

They will travel to Annapolis, Maryland to play the Chesapeake Bayhawks this coming Saturday afternoon in the semifinal.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Looking forward to another CSU season where they win every game that doesn't matter and then lose all three rivalry games and the bowl game.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
There’s a feud between Marquette King and a radio host? This sports town is great with hilarious Broncos news.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sometimes I'm glad The Fan lost the Nuggets and Avalanche broadcast rights. Still doesn't justify the shitshow that immediately followed, but I don't care for supposed sports journalists making themselves the story.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Showtime has picked up Tyson Fury's fight on the 18th, as well as Frampton vs Jackson, to stream free on their Youtube and Facebook pages.

This is a great sign that Wilder vs Fury is indeed happening, since Wilder is Showtime's current top draw.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't even know what to say about the Rockies anymore. No matter what they do they never win anything.

Forever we couldn't get quality starting pitching but could hit/score runs with anymore. We finally seem to have a good starting rotation, now we can't bat worth shit and our bullpen can't get anyone out.

Just look at August so far, starters have given up 3, 1, 2, 7, 1, 0, 9, 3 runs over that time span. Our record over that time should be 6-2 at worst 5-3. Any time a starter gives up 3 or less you should win most of those. Yet we are sitting at 2-6 on the month cause we can't hit worth a crap and we couldn't get an out from a reliever if their lives depended on it.

I'm just so frustrated at the franchise, they've got to figure it out. Making the playoffs once every ten years and losing most likely first round or play in is not good, and quite honestly simply unacceptable. Find the right mix of players and start winning. You've had countless top end selections in drafts, time for some results.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Rockies will never win with the Dick in charge. They will always get attendance and the folks boozing on the right deck patios. That’s just Colorado baseball going forward. It’s a sad state.

Regarding DMac - his time should be coming to a close soon I hope. Some days Al can’t stand him and then other days they seem like friends. But it also seems like the Fan finally has a replacement for DMac in Zach Bye. I’m not expecting DMac to last more than 1-2 more years max on the drive. His time has finally come and enough people are sick of his BS. King is a prick but no radio host should be stealing the Broncos thunder - that’s a no-no when you need Broncos sources to leverage your job. And I think he’s way too close to the Bowlen situation to have a bipartisan view.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Rockies are just getting Broncos' fans ready for football season by not scoring on offense :nod:

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Honestly can't figure out which contract is the worst on the Rockies.

A lot of options between McGee, Shaw, Desmond and Blackmon.
And Wade Davis takes the lead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia