OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
The coaching, the refs, the qb all garbage

The league in and of itself has become garbage. What's offensive pass interference? What's holding? What's a catch? These are sooooo easy to define, yet the league refuses to make things easy. Defensive players getting hurt all over the place since a QB breaking a fingernail is a 10 game suspension so they have to do what they can to avoid touching a QB. It's a joke.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think he’s basically Josh Mccown 2.0. He’s a fine starter for a bottom dwelling team, but if you have any sort of aspirations to make the playoffs he should be a backup.
I don't even consider the guy a game manager. I've never liked Case Keenum, always thought of him as a backup. Last season, I don't know what happened. Must have been drinking an unlimited supply of Michael's Secret Stuff but he has never been nor will he ever be a starter, even a below-average one.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I admit I liked the Keenum signing - there wasn’t a lot out there. I don’t know that I’d want Kirk Cousins at his salary, and I don’t know that I’d want Josh Allen with that draft pick.

They need to move up in a draft to get a blue chip QB - I feel like that’s the only way they’re gonna finally fill the QB hole. I wonder if they could have moved up to that Giants spot and what the price was that they turned down.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lost by 3 to the best team in the NFC, not bad.
Lost by 10, getting a garbage time TD doesn't count.

Still gave up over 200 yards rushing. Still had mediocre QB play, still had tons of bad penalties, including a completely boneheaded taunting penalty that cost us 4 pts, act like you've scored a TD before, still got completely out coached.

The result might have been closer than the Jets game (probably due to the weather and it being a home game) but in reality it was the same old crap that we've seen consistently under VJ and company.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Still gave up over 200 yards rushing. Still had mediocre QB play, still had tons of bad penalties, including a completely boneheaded taunting penalty that cost us 4 pts, act like you've scored a TD before, still got completely out coached.

The result might have been closer than the Jets game (probably due to the weather and it being a home game) but in reality it was the same old crap that we've seen consistently under VJ and company.
Didn't know 1:22 left in the game was garbage time.

Elway sucks as his job more than VJ sucks at his. There's literally no talent on the team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Elway sucks as his job more than VJ sucks at his. There's literally no talent on the team.
Pretty much. You can dump on VJ all you want, and he does make bonehead mistakes, but you can't make something out of nothing.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Huh? Scoring a TD at the end of the game to make it a one possession game is garbage time?

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Brock osweiler looked like a passable starter behind an nfl line. Every qb that comes here is going to look like trash when there’s no linemen or tight ends or running backs that know how to f***ing block

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Well after LA kicked the FG to go up 23-13 with about 3 minutes left, they had a 99.3% chance of winning according to espn win probability. I'd say pretty much everything after that point was stat padding and fantasy football stats for the Broncos.

I will agree that Elway is just as bad as VJ both are easily the worst in the league and their respective positions. They both need to go.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Brock osweiler looked like a passable starter behind an nfl line. Every qb that comes here is going to look like trash when there’s no linemen or tight ends or running backs that know how to ****ing block

They can run block but the pass blocking isn’t great. It also doesn’t help that Keenum never steps into his passes with any confidence. Anytime the pocket becomes any smaller than it starts he immediately drops way back goes into scramble mode.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well after LA kicked the FG to go up 23-13 with about 3 minutes left, they had a 99.3% chance of winning according to espn win probability. I'd say pretty much everything after that point was stat padding and fantasy football stats for the Broncos.

Broncos shouldn’t have even come back onto the field after the FG.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Broncos shouldn’t have even come back onto the field after the FG.
My point is still valid, the last TD drive was a stat padder, the game was never really in doubt.

I mean we are really arguing offer something stupid. You can call the last TD whatever you want but the fact is we lost at home again, got out coached and out classed. It doesn't really matter the score.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My point is still valid, the last TD drive was a stat padder, the game was never really in doubt.

I mean we are really arguing offer something stupid. You can call the last TD whatever you want but the fact is we lost at home again, got out coached and out classed. It doesn't really matter the score.

I mean they had a 1:30 left after they scored. They recover the onside kick and they have a legit chance at tying the game. I’m not trying to defend VJ or Elway or whatever but you’re complaining about something pretty ridiculous.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

broncos have some good to great players but most of them are also paid like that, getting older and lot of cap space is spent on garbage. ever since the '18 draft ended, i've though the broncos nailed it and it still looks like that. but they need a few more sine '13-'17 were so bad. they are going to get igher picks for a year or two at least too.

fair or not (i think it's fair) VJ won't get another season. can't have two crappy seasons in a row like this and doing much worse than the previous HC and keep your job. unless your name is hue jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad