OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Red Sox have a top 5 team in the MLB but traded one of the best players in baseball because their rich owner didn't want to pay a small luxury tax.

But Broncos' fans will tell you Rockies are the only team that trades away their players for prospects.

Why have the Angels added Rendon and Pederson (not that I'm complaingin) but no pitching?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Why have the Angels added Rendon and Pederson (not that I'm complaingin) but no pitching?
They tried to get Cole but he went to the Yankees.

They went for more no risk, medium reward guys again like Teheran and Bundy. Can't be any worse than last offseason when Eppler spent 30M on Harvey, Cahill and Allen and they all sucked.

They got some solid mid rotation guys already and more importantly, Ohtani.

Reactions: BrickNHL

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I went to the Nuggets game tonight (after watching the first two periods of the Avs at Brooklyn's) and got home just to hear about all that. Most are speculating that they are putting pieces in place for another big move, perhaps for Jrue Holiday. I think that's the only thing that will make me feel good about trading Beasley even though I knew it was unlikely the Nugs kept him.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Not really understanding the positive that the Nuggets got out of this trade. Is a Houston Rockets #1 pick all that valuable?

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Tim Connelly got a 1st for expiring contacts and got Capela out of the West. What a f***ing genius.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
From what I understand, Juancho and Beasley both turned down contract extensions and wanted to go someplace they could play a bigger role. Sounds like this move allows them a lot more financial flexibility, but it's also possible they're using these guys as trade chips for a bigger deal. Mares said they're gunning for Jrue Holiday.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Only team Kroenke cares about, just look at the shrewd picks made by the Nuggets which Avs don't make...
Just getting to this, remember, Nuggets are only 1 of 2 teams without a G-league team. They don’t have a good practice facility. They only got one basketball court with not enough baskets, and their weight room is so small that not everyone can use it at the same time.

Also remember he didn’t want to pay up for an elite GM, and that GM went on to build a team that won a NBA title in Toronto.

Last edited:

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
The Denver Nuggets, playing with just SEVEN players, on the second night of the back to back, Murray with a bum ankle, and Gary Harris playing like the plague go into Utah and win the first game there since 2014. The guts of this team is unreal.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Denver Nuggets, playing with just SEVEN players, on the second night of the back to back, Murray with a bum ankle, and Gary Harris playing like the plague go into Utah and win the first game there since 2014. The guts of this team is unreal.
39th career Triple Double for Jokic (missed by one assist Tuesday). He's 4 back of Fat Lever for the Nuggets lead and 9th all time.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Not really watching the XFL but their kickoff format is brilliant.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
9017DFF0-0FE9-4044-BBCA-E75373A3E3A0.jpeg

Death Stars and dynasty disasters: Ranking the offseasons of...

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Ohhhhhhhh sh*******************************************************

I guess...not an overreaction. Dang. Mel's GONE. Guess all that talk that he was "committed to CU" was just talk. Heh heh...

Michigan State to hire Mel Tucker, Colorado coach and former...

There is no such thing as commitment when it comes to college athletics and coaching. Case in point:

VeatpXH.png

LMAO...Would be in his best interest to unpin and remove that from twitter immediately

Sparty has quickly descended into a dumpster fire and were turned down by their top target Luke Fickell. Which led to an MSU BOT member trashing him in no uncertain words just yesterday in an interview.

Apparently they were already turned down by Tucker but raised the price significantly than last time. Even more than they offered Fickell.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Even if I feel this might be a good move for Sparty. Though it's hard to judge as he only had one year in Colorado.

Obviously it sucks for Colorado as it leaves them in a tough position. Either they pony up for someone or go the interim route in house.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
MSU is doubling the base salary and coaching pool money for a guy who went 5-7 last season. Hey...good luck with that.

Amazing though that he was on local radio THIS MORNING squawking about his supposed commitment and even meeting with donors.

Whatever. I don't think CU lost anything huge, but I can understand why they'd be upset.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
LOL...There is a pic, hopefully current, of Tucker hamming it up with donors. All while he was doing this on the down low.

This is your daily reminder on just how scummy college sports can be. Hence why Urban Meyer was so successful. I thought the way Dantonio exited from MSU was pretty shady and might seem more complicated now. This is pretty bad although I can't fault Tucker for chasing after the paycheck.

Ceiling isn't extremely high at MSU so if Tucker can duplicate what Dantonio has been able to accomplish that fanbase will generally be pleased. They seem to be pretty thrilled at the moment.

I don't have a clue about the situation in Colorado. My only memory was Kordell Stewart and that was back for me in middle school.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Uhhhh sup Eric Bieniemy?

Typical CU shit with football

Our list last year was Tucker, Ryan Day, and Jimmy Lake. So I wonder who RG will target this time. The pool will be so much worse since it’s Feb, what a snake Mel is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad