OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
All I can say is Tucker better win at MSU because he won't ever get another head coaching job after the shit he just pulled. No way will anyone offer him a job after he just jumped ship after 1 season. That's a good way to get yourself on the do not hire list.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
I don't even care about college football, but it still stinks to see CU take a gut punch like that. Especially after all the excitement about the recruiting class.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Realities of the college football disparity in terms of revenue punch CU right in the gut.

CU will have to face the reality that they are second-tier, if even that. If they want to put a stop to this nonsense they should really think about capping coaching salaries and put real restrictions on where coaches can go, especially ones who have violated NCAA rules.

Another thing that Tucker said that didn't age well: "There's no transfer portal in the real world." Uh, yeah, Mel...you're right, in the real world people are free to ditch out and go where they please. :laugh:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Every job is a stepping stone job except for like 5-6 programs. Losing to a 3rd tier school with a shitty administration is pretty damning to CU though.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The thing that I think is being overlooked in the whole Mel Tucker garbage is how on Earth would any sane parent let this guy attempt to recruit their kids. He's a liar and a con man. He basically went to these kids houses looked their parents in eyes and said I want you to come play for my school and I'm going to be a role model for your kids. But actually I'm going to bolt, sorry.

If Mel Tucker called my house asking to recruit my kid, I wouldn't even give him the time of day. What a f***ing tool.

I'm mad as a fan, but I can't possibly understand how hurt these kids who literally just signed up to play for him feel. What he did to them is despicable. They went from being excited a looking toward a bright future to hurt and lied to all within a week.

I hope he fails miserably at Michigan St. He should be ashamed of himself.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The funniest part of this is the sheer incompetence in East Lansing. Really dumb, desperate people had a whole lot of money to play with, and the best guy they could come up with for nearly SIX MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR (and we're not even counting the pool money he gets to woo assistants with) is Mel effing Tucker.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/12/michigan-state-mel-tucker-salary-ncaa

Reactions: AvsWraith

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Much better city to live in.
We talking about the one in Kansas or Missouri :sarcasm:

I remember EB (and Embree) calling a QB sneak on 1st down bcuz they didn’t realize they got a 1st down. I’m glad both have rebounded really well since then.

Chip Long was the guy I wanted last year as well along with Lake and Day, but not as a HC right now. Would kill to have him as an OC though.

Edit: #1 on my wishlist is Alex Grinch

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bad news: Nuggs blew a 13-point lead in the 2nd and are down to the LeBron/Davis Lakers at the half, 61-55.

Good news: I just learned about the existence of a Denver-based DJ named "Bear Grillz" and he's the intermission entertainment.

bziJwwlE_400x400.jpg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bad news: Nuggs blew a 13-point lead in the 2nd and are down to the LeBron/Davis Lakers at the half, 61-55.

Good news: I just learned about the existence of a Denver-based DJ named "Bear Grillz" and he's the intermission entertainment.

bziJwwlE_400x400.jpg
Bear Grillz is awesome. I'm sure this forum isn't huge into the EDM scene but he's a good DJ.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Godammit...they were so close.

Oh well, they forced OT on a Lakers team that had a healthy lineup and on a night when the Joker wasn't at his best.

Dwight Howard has always struck me as kind of a dunderhead.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
being only tangentially aware of how the Broncos ownership situation is shaking out, this article was really amazing. I had no idea how much crapola has been involved in the dispute.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pat Bowlen's biggest mistake was trusting a corporate snake like Joe Ellis. One of his biggest decisions was to bring in Josh godforsaken McDaniels. That should've ended with Ellis following McDouche out the door, but unfortunately Bowlen was already in a compromised state and Ellis already had his claws in. He's going to make this as painful and difficult as possible to retain his tenuous grasp of power, and has already threatened to blow it up (i.e. sell the team so NONE of the kids get it).

I suppose Ellis gets some credit for bring John Elway back into the fold, which did result in a Super Bowl win, but I'm still not sure if that was ultimately a good move or a bad one.

Life lesson, those of you with kids: Figure out your estate plans, make those plans firm, and don't be a dick about it. My grandfather passed back when I was around 12, and I remember the absolute dogfight that ensued afterwards. I loved my grandfather dearly, but it was an absolutely stupid and selfish move for him to just pass on estate planning and leaving everything to my grandmother, who didn't have the time, energy, or desire to deal with the partition of the estate. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and the family remains close but that was ugly for a good many years. Can't even imagine how awful it would've gotten had it involved millions and a friggin' NFL franchise.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Last night was the first NBA game I had watched in a while, it's nice to be reminded how truly wretched NBA officiating is. I saw one of the worst calls I'd ever seen when what should've been an And-1 play turned into a friggin' JUMP BALL.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I hope he fails miserably at Michigan St. He should be ashamed of himself.

Oh, he will fail, no doubt in my mind. The incompetence involved in the decision to throw nearly SIX MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR at a guy with barely any D1 NCAA head coaching experience (not to mention a short stint where he was basically gifted an top-flight senior QB and WR) is beyond the pale.

In other news, I'm reading that Jhabvala article and did not knew Johnny Bowlen was a smoldering trainwreck running on coke and booze, but I had no idea he was so public about it. Check out his frickin' IG account. This is his latest post.

And of course in the comment section, for every rich dudebro there's an army of ass-kissers who'd love nothing more than to spend 15 minutes alongside the guy, even if he's a drug-addled psychopath.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Last night was the first NBA game I had watched in a while, it's nice to be reminded how truly wretched NBA officiating is. I saw one of the worst calls I'd ever seen when what should've been an And-1 play turned into a friggin' JUMP BALL.

It's ridiculous. I'm a Nuggets fan from when I was a kid, and will probably always be a Nuggets fan, but the NBA is so damn frustrating that I wish I didn't bother. Last night brought back bad memories of a Nuggets-Lakers game I attended many years ago... first Nuggets Lakers game in Denver after the Kobe Bryant sexual assault charge and he was getting booed every time he touched the ball. The Nuggets had a comfortable lead the entire game until the final minute, when they started choking and turning the ball over, and the Lakers closed to within two points. With about a dozen or so seconds remaining, the Nuggets took a shot and missed. The ball hit the rim, and the Nuggets gathered in an offensive rebound... which is basically the game. The Lakers would have to foul, and two free throws would ice the game. But the refs blew the whistle because they thought it was a shot clock violation. The ruled it an inadvertent whistle, which leads to a jump ball at center court. Shaq easily won the tip and some no name scrub knocks in a 3 to win it. And of course it's going to go the Lakers way... that's the way the NBA works. And that's still how it works. It's really hard to give a crap about any of this if nothing is going to change.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Oh, he will fail, no doubt in my mind. The incompetence involved in the decision to throw nearly SIX MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR at a guy with barely any D1 NCAA head coaching experience (not to mention a short stint where he was basically gifted an top-flight senior QB and WR) is beyond the pale.

In other news, I'm reading that Jhabvala article and did not knew Johnny Bowlen was a smoldering trainwreck running on coke and booze, but I had no idea he was so public about it. Check out his frickin' IG account. This is his latest post.

And of course in the comment section, for every rich dudebro there's an army of ass-kissers who'd love nothing more than to spend 15 minutes alongside the guy, even if he's a drug-addled psychopath.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Wait, Monte Morris talked shit to Lebron? What a GOAT

As much as I love coach Chev, he should stop RTing all the people tweeting about him getting the HC job. What a mess.

Oh and I want Sarkisian as the HC, no joke *hides*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad