OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Wait what, you mean to tell me that you lost 90 games last year, made absolutely no moves in the off-season to attempt to rectify this issue, then attempted to trade your best player, failed to do so, and now your best player feels disrespected...gee I wonder why that is.. if you can't tell this is sarcasm, no **** Arenado is pissed. Hope he get traded from this clown show.

All kidding aside, the Rockies are a joke. Not sure how any fans can support this organization at the moment.
Party deck.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Party deck.

Go rockiessssss

combo.gif

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
That's the thing, they can sell out Coors if they cared about winning, but the Monforts get enough money just running a baseball theme park to not need to try.
I truly believe they care about winning, but no need beat a dead horse about this every year. What they really need (other than a new GM of course) is a team president.

The thing not many people are talking about is that they f***ed around Trevor Story the past two offseasons. Story has been just as good as Arenado the last 2 years too, maybe even better tbh. So good luck trying to get a long term deal with him.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Man, even though I'm a Cubs fan I still want to be able to go to Coors and watch good baseball. If Arenado gets dealt and Story follows him out the door, there will be next to no reason for me to go to Coors unless the Cubs are in town. And as a general fan of the sport, that really sucks.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Man, even though I'm a Cubs fan I still want to be able to go to Coors and watch good baseball. If Arenado gets dealt and Story follows him out the door, there will be next to no reason for me to go to Coors unless the Cubs are in town. And as a general fan of the sport, that really sucks.
I would totally go to Coors to watch the 2 teams that hadn't signed anyone to a major league contract this Winter and are listening on offers for their star 3Bs.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I would totally go to Coors to watch the 2 teams that hadn't signed anyone to a major league contract this Winter and are listening on offers for their star 3Bs.
I'll be bummed if (when) Bryant gets dealt, but going to the Cubs games while they're in town is something I've been doing with my dad for over two decades, so I'm not going to give up that tradition any time soon.

I guess instead of seeing good baseball I could go and watch the Cubs-Rockies games when Chicago is in town for the comedy of errors that those games are inevitably going to be.

Reactions: JWK

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
This narrative that the Rockies don't care about winning is so tired... They went to the postseason in 2 out of the last 3 seasons, that is pretty hard to do in baseball where only 5 teams get in per league.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This narrative that the Rockies don't care about winning is so tired... They went to the postseason in 2 out of the last 3 seasons, that is pretty hard to do in baseball where only 5 teams get in per league.

The fact that getting into baseball's postseason is hard is also a tired excuse. Especially in an era when a majority of teams are flat-out tanking it.

The Rockies are indeed developing talent, and they've also ponied up money when it matters. But there's a pattern emerging that's disconcerting to say the least. I don't think two franchise-level star players being alientated by management is just a coincidence. Something is very, very broken behind the scenes. It's not just about picking the players and paying the players.

Joe Sakic was faced with a star player demanding a trade during the team's worst season in its history, and yet that did not play out like some three-ring circus.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Almost as bad as party deck jokes

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Wait how many times have they made the playoffs since 1993? Oh that would be 5 times in 27 seasons. Have never won a division title. 1 World Series appearance which by all accounts was incredibly lucky. All time win percentage is at .471. Give me a break, that's truly pathetic.

Hell even the garbage ass Marlins who came in at the same time, figured out a way to win 2 World Series. I'd rather be garbage most of the time but have some championships. Than be mediocre most of the time, and never really come close to winning.

This team gives no shits about winning. That's why Arenado is so pissed off. Don't kid yourself of try to twist the stats to make it seem better than what it really is. This team is run by incompetent a-holes who are more interested in making money than fielding a winning baseball team.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Took some screenshots from Jena Garcia’s Instagram to share here regarding Bridich’s competence as a GM. In short, he is beyond terrible, despite a player development department that appears to know what it’s doing. 7EC870E9-4C5B-4BF2-AA6B-8D74A4984697.png6EC821E4-4BF0-42A9-9820-1F624EB6DAA7.png

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Wait how many times have they made the playoffs since 1993? Oh that would be 5 times in 27 seasons. Have never won a division title. 1 World Series appearance which by all accounts was incredibly lucky. All time win percentage is at .471. Give me a break, that's truly pathetic.

Hell even the garbage ass Marlins who came in at the same time, figured out a way to win 2 World Series. I'd rather be garbage most of the time but have some championships. Than be mediocre most of the time, and never really come close to winning.

This team gives no ****s about winning. That's why Arenado is so pissed off. Don't kid yourself of try to twist the stats to make it seem better than what it really is. This team is run by incompetent a-holes who are more interested in making money than fielding a winning baseball team.

Add in the fact that they have only won more than 83 games in a season 4 times in 27 years, and that's enough for me. Granted, 2 of those were in the last 3 years, but I just don't see that as a "trend".

Reactions: chet1926

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Add in the fact that they have only won more than 83 games in a season 4 times in 27 years, and that's enough for me. Granted, 2 of those were in the last 3 years, but I just don't see that as a "trend".
Agreed. There is no trend of them being on the upswing. Last year proved that the 2 seasons were more flukey than anything. They are a bad team with a mediocre roster, riddled with abysmal pitching and over paid washed up players, with minimal impact prospects on the horizon. Not too mention a pissed off superstar, who most likely will get traded for pennies on the dollar. Things are far from being even remotely ok in Rockies Land. There isn't much hope of things getting better for awhile.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I agree with others notions out there that MLB doesn’t give a care in the world that there are have and have nots in their sport. MLB is perfectly content with NY, Boston, LA and others making the World Series every year while smaller markets like Colorado sit on the sideline and just cut a worthwhile profit. The Monforts execute that playbook well. And baseball never has problems with fans watching the World Series like football does if Jacksonville’s playing Tennessee in a playoff game. Boston vs New York in the ALCS and LA vs Philly in the NLCS for the upteenth time? No problems for MLB. I like baseball - it could be a fascinating sport if there wasn’t so much resistance to change. It’s absolutely rich with history and tradition but I don’t see a lot of fans anymore that actually appreciate that aspect. I think baseball with all of its strategy, statistics etc could absolutely flourish in today’s data world but they’re not seizing the moment very well.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
MLB is perfectly content with NY, Boston, LA
Not that I know nor care for baseball, but I am pretty sure that in the last decade there have been more different type of winners in the MLB over any other sport. Of course the best players and prospects eventually join Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers in that that order, but that doesn't mean they win all the time. Now with that said, like in the NBA (which I do consider worse off) a lot of the teams exist simply for the big 3-5 MLBs to come to a new city.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I truly believe baseball has the dumbest casual fans.

Not that I know nor care for baseball, but I am pretty sure that in the last decade there have been more different type of winners in the MLB over any other sport. Of course the best players and prospects eventually join Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers in that that order, but that doesn't mean they win all the time. Now with that said, like in the NBA (which I do consider worse off) a lot of the teams exist simply for the big 3-5 MLBs to come to a new city.

The Royals, Rangers, Indians and Tigers made it to the World Series more than the Yankees this past decade. Royals and Rangers made it to same number of World Series as the Red Sox and Dodgers this past decade.

MLB tries to help small markets, they literally implemented a system there they give you draft picks to small markets and low revenue teams that gives them 1) Extra draft pick 2) More draft slot 3) Extra International Money

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't know what's happening here but it looks like he slept with someone's wife. Was he buttoning up his pants??

He got insanely drunk at a Halloween party at (I think) Von Miller's house and got kicked out. He stumbled into someone's house and sat down, and got chased out of the house by a person wielding a vacuum cleaner extension (which you can actually see). Why he's in a state of undress there, I've no idea.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
He got insanely drunk at a Halloween party at (I think) Von Miller's house and got kicked out. He stumbled into someone's house and sat down, and got chased out of the house by a person wielding a vacuum cleaner extension (which you can actually see). Why he's in a state of undress there, I've no idea.

He was dressed as Woody from Toy Story, which makes the whole episode even more epic

Reactions: Pokecheque

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
OMG, Kobe Bryant just died in a helicopter crash :(:(

And it was the day after LeBron overtook him in all-time points, as well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad